The online racing simulator
Cheat has spread to S2
(78 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Tomi
I really don't care about the cheaters. Hotlapping is boring and you can ban them in online races.
My opinion: His "WR" have only 2 splits, final time is similar to time XFG@oval.
Maybe LFSW just make mistake and assign his HL to wrong combo.
omg that pointed me int he right direction. I know now how he managed to upload this (i won't say how though because it's a vulnerability in the hotlapping system)

btw, i'm pretty sure it's a cheat and i'm positive it's not an LFS World bug, but it will require some further investigation

edit - now confirmed it was a cheat. Unrelated to the multiplayer thing from earlier though. That's partly the reason why we didn't move this thread out of the public's eye like the multiplayer ones. Hotlapping is something else and can be dealt with fast. Online cheats can also be dealt with, but not in the same fashion and speed. That is why multiplayer cheat threads are removed once we notice them. We then know about them. Doesn't have anything to do about freedom of speech (or double standard for that matter) for those of you who always bring that forward as some reason for not allowing us to (re)move a thread.
And the crowd goes wild!!!
Naughty cheater, lynch the bastard is what I say!
Stone him?

I think we shold bring back public humiliation. Make him walk down the street with a sign around his neck proclaiming him to be a cheater. How much longer do you think someone would keep cheating if they new everyone (In RL) knew what he was?
Quote from Victor :omg that pointed me int he right direction. I know now how he managed to upload this (i won't say how though because it's a vulnerability in the hotlapping system)

btw, i'm pretty sure it's a cheat and i'm positive it's not an LFS World bug, but it will require some further investigation

edit - now confirmed it was a cheat. Unrelated to the multiplayer thing from earlier though. That's partly the reason why we didn't move this thread out of the public's eye like the multiplayer ones. Hotlapping is something else and can be dealt with fast. Online cheats can also be dealt with, but not in the same fashion and speed. That is why multiplayer cheat threads are removed once we notice them. We then know about them. Doesn't have anything to do about freedom of speech (or double standard for that matter) for those of you who always bring that forward as some reason for not allowing us to (re)move a thread.

So by that Vic, does that mean its fixed, or you will be checking it more often?
Quote from Funnybear :Stone him?

I think we shold bring back public humiliation. Make him walk down the street with a sign around his neck proclaiming him to be a cheater. How much longer do you think someone would keep cheating if they new everyone (In RL) knew what he was?

Theres always the option of Tar and Feathering
Quote from DethMag :Theres always the option of Tar and Feathering

Aaah! Good 'ole tar 'n' feathering. Those were the days.
Quote from Doorman :Aaah! Good 'ole tar 'n' feathering. Those were the days.

We still do that stuff here in York. Move to a historic tourist town - you can get away with all sorts of barbarism and all you need is a busking license!
Quote :Last time I checked this forum was not run by the chinese or US governments... Censorship does not belong here.

No it's worse, LFS is from the UK! Free Speach? lol ... what constitutional right would that be then?

Quote :We still do that stuff here in York. Move to a historic tourist town - you can get away with all sorts of barbarism and all you need is a busking license!

As somebody who's pranced about York with a tunic whilst carrying sword and a shield, I can safely assure you i've pranced about other towns also in a tunic whilst carrying sword and a shield too.

All you need is lots of friends who are also wearing a tunic and carrying a sword and a shield, then nobody stops you.

Or a sharper sword.
+1 for hanging (better make it all hotlappers then )
Quote from Hyperactive :+1 for hanging (better make it all hotlappers then )

+1, but I'd prefer firing squad (people shoot at you)
Trespassors will be shot, survivors will be shot again. (Cheaters will be shot, those who cheat again will be shot again)

Quote from J.B. :Yeah. Didn't he get the memo?

I remember that movie. LOL.
a very nice movie indeed!

PS for those who haven't seen it, its title is "Office Space", watch it, you will enjoy it
#41 - MR_B
Off to the steak! And off with his head, blaghahaha
Quote from Becky Rose :All you need is lots of friends who are also wearing a tunic and carrying a sword and a shield, then nobody stops you.

Indeed, and I have many a friend who would be willing to do this for abolutely no reason.

Quote :Or a sharper sword.

My preffered method.
Death's too good for him. Make him drive 500 laps of the oval in a UF1.
Quote from jtr99 :Death's too good for him. Make him drive 500 laps of the oval in a UF1.

+1, but have someone drive a FZR in the wrong direction. It's much funnier.
PS- 24 euros says this thread will be closed
Quote from Victor :

Not saying you're using a double standard... I said that what fonnybone said was a double standard (and it is). And if multiplayer cheat threads are removed (to which I can agree, partially), then why didn't fonnybone delete this thread, because he obviously believed this one should not exist on the forum. If he can't delete threads, he should inform you about the thread, and not try to persuade us to stop posting in it. Like his own request, do not post on the forum but mail or PM a dev.

On the other hand, if an online cheat is found, then anyone using the cheat on public servers will soon be banned and reported. If only people knew there was a cheat out, and the symptoms were clear, then that could help you in finding a solution. Just because the general public knows there's a cheat doesn't mean the general public will use the cheat, especially if they don't know where to find it. But that is your choice for dealing with it, and I can respect that.

Oh, and thanks for fixing this issue
I beleive the multiplayer cheat has only been used on demo...so far.
Quote from TagForce :If they can't delete threads, then the people who run this forum apparantly don't want any censorship by mods.

Fonnybone said they don't encourage cheats, just like they don't encourage wrecking. Yet threads about wreckers are left alone, and threads about cheats are always met with the standard "shut up about it" post. That's a double standard.

You don't know what 'people running this forum want'. You are making assumptions based on nothing
at all. When i talked about wrecking i was reffereing to threads about iDi. Stop turning this into a
human rights violation based on very few and vague words. You obviously didn't understand what i
meant, or even try. I'll try to be clearer.

Quote from TagForce : Not saying you're using a double standard... I said that what fonnybone said was a double standard (and it is). And if multiplayer cheat threads are removed (to which I can agree, partially), then why didn't fonnybone delete this thread, because he obviously believed this one should not exist on the forum. If he can't delete threads, he should inform you about the thread, and not try to persuade us to stop posting in it. Like his own request, do not post on the forum but mail or PM a dev.

Ahh pleeeaaaaase

Like i said there was a few threads about it already and by the time this
one showed up, the devs were already informed. As soon as one was
removed another popped up, i just left this one so you guys could let
it all out before you send the UN after me.

What amuses me is that not only am i not the one who removed the
other threads, i'm the one who left this one here with an explanation.
Talk about double-standard. I never said to stop posting in this thread
(why didn't i lock it then ?!), what i asked was to stop making new
threads about it and to send such info directly to the mods or devs.
But Human Rights issues are in fashion at the moment - people seem to think they deserve some on internet forums????!?!?!??!?
Quote from tristancliffe :But Human Rights issues are in fashion at the moment - people seem to think they deserve some on internet forums????!?!?!??!?

human rights should only apply to those who have done nothing wrong. because of human rights we could all be living nextdoor to a peodophile and not know about it.
/me moves house.
This thread is closed

Cheat has spread to S2
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG