The online racing simulator
After the installation of U18 I drove on our server and fell without prior warning from the server. Since that our server is not shown to me in the server list and I can connect anymore. At other server it goes still. When I search my Buddies, our team server is indicated, however, I can not connect even with a reboot and new IP.
Quote from Jakg :...but iirc were getting a new incompatible patch in a month (dont quote me on this!)

That is not true. There are plenty of compatible things to keep me busy much longer than a month. There will be a compatible official version (not test patch) before there are any incompatible changes. Please don't say there are new incompatible versions coming out unless you heard it directly from a developer.
Quote from tinyk :We don't see the messages in french though, it shows in English. The only time we see it in french is through spectator.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

I dont know exactly what you mean (spectator tool?), but when we were racing lately (when I was racing lately :P ), it showed some message in lfs in french (grey font). Could try to find out what it was tomorrow, but I have really no clue what it was about, as my france knowledge consist of only one word or so
Quote from Scawen :That is not true. There are plenty of compatible things to keep me busy much longer than a month. There will be a compatible official version (not test patch) before there are any incompatible changes. Please don't say there are new incompatible versions coming out unless you heard it directly from a developer.

u mean like alpha v or so
i like the sound of that
Quote from kiss me :u mean like alpha v or so
i like the sound of that

Weee, you know the alphabet.
dont laugh with that
i allways had problems with my alphabet
not joking
i knew my alphabet completely from when i was 11 or 12, and now i'm 14
hi,

there is 1 little thing that is pretty annoying.
when looking at serverlist, autocross is renamed to car park,
now i dont know which 1 is wich
or is there a difference?
else u could like:
car park (from blackwood)<-- not included with title
car park 2 (from autocross)<-- not included with title

Quote from Scawen :That is not true. There are plenty of compatible things to keep me busy much longer than a month. There will be a compatible official version (not test patch) before there are any incompatible changes. Please don't say there are new incompatible versions coming out unless you heard it directly from a developer.

gulp, I can't remember who said it, but they said the got it from a patch thread, looks like they were wrong!
Hiya i looked this fourm. I am loving the script feature. i hope they are here to stay. However i got a little question.

is it possible to change "auto" to "manual" in car im using. as i like use Auto in BF1 but i like to use manual in FOX ?

what is the command for those.

jay
Hmm i spotted a little problem.....

if i already had a auto box in that car that are assigned with manual. if i went to BF1 i want use that with auto. if i got that line 'shift G' it would put the BF1 into manual.

Do you get what i mean

It would be nice for you to add the line 'autogear [0-1]' 0 for disable, 1 to enable the automatic gears, same goes for 'manual [0-1]'
Adjective order
Hi Scawen,

In the race screen, the weather is not using the adjective order (tx_noun_adj).
Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but it addresses a problem with the current way that the test releases are overwriting .lfs files in the scripts directory when a new release becomes available.

An alternative would be to have lfs check a user_scripts directory before reading the scripts directory. If a .lfs file exists in the user_scripts directory then it is used, otherwise the default in the scripts directory is used.

This method is used in games like Civilization 4 and would mean that users would not lose their customisations when a new version is released.
@Peptis: Just mark your custom .lfs files as read only? Then the copy process will ask you what to do, instead of overwriting without question.
Maybe once a script gets used in LFS, it creates a backup called (for example) XRT.lfs.old? so if you do over write it and realize it, your work isn't lost?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe once a script gets used in LFS, it creates a backup called (for example) XRT.lfs.old? so if you do over write it and realize it, your work isn't lost?

+1. This would probably be easy to implement
Much easier would be to rename the scripts that come with the patch/full zip to xyz.lfs.template or xyz.lfs.default or something.
I cannot translate "wrong way", translated text is too large in catalan and spanish

Catalan: "direcció contraria"
Spanish: "dirección contraria"
Hmmm what about "sentido opuesto"?
Scawen >
a small suggestion: auto join into hot lapping (and single player) race after select new track
I'll use "sentido opuesto" for the moment, thx
Quote from Scawen :If you could tell me what it said to you in French, that would be good, because it's really a bug if a server talks to you in French. I must have missed some error message from the proper translation system.

Just went to tinyk's server and tested it. It's the maximum guest cars allowed x message, which you get when you try to add more and more AIs into the grid
Where did evening go at Kyoto on the oval :jawdrop: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
Hi Scawen, I was wondering if you have time to implement a couple of improvements regarding replays in this series of test patches? They seem fairly easy to do to me (but what do I know, so sorry if it isn't)

Could we have a delete and rename function in the replay screen, similar to what you did for the setups? I think it would make managing replays a lot easier. Something like in the screenshot?

And what would also be great imo is the possibility to rename a replay when watching it. (Just like you are already able to save a replay during/after a race by pressing 2).

Sorry if this isn't the time or place to ask, in that case please consider it for a later time.
Attached images
replays.jpg
one bug and two requests
Back from holiday I finally had the time to test the patch. I really like the new track menu and trackmaps. Looks a lot better now.

One bug: In the lobby screen the noun order is wrong when set to na.

One requests: For my translation I need more chars for the following strings (number of chars):
3a_hli_wron (1)
3g_cfg_reve (2)
Compatible ideas:

Instead of letting the sound engine update on each frame in a replay running in slowmotion, sample one frame of realtime sound and convert the sample rate to match whichever speed you're running the replay at. This would allow capturing replays at say 0.25x speed with sound which you could just speed up later, instead of recording the sound separately or using time-stretching which doesn't really produce good results. Optional perhaps.

Also, hitting ESC while loading a replay asks me if i want to shut down LFS, i'd like it to cancel loading the replay instead.
Attached files
1x.mp3 - 33.9 KB - 230 views
05x.mp3 - 65.9 KB - 228 views
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG