New skid sound!

enjoy!
NOTE: i did not make the sound, i just converted it made it fit in to the game
Attached files
skid.rar - 672.1 KB - 1059 views
preview.mp3 - 61.3 KB - 1843 views
I love it! good job!
Did you forget something?
yep i did............................................................................................................... added now illepall
Not very good to be honest. Doesn't sound real at all. The originals are alot better.
i would say it sounds better ingame, and the originals are good. cant decide ho i think is best tho
I don't like this sound.

I'm using a set of sounds, combination of Disposable's and Jenek's skid sounds.

(Both found here)

I have combined them for you all. With these sounds you can hear the difference between light and heavy skid better!

They make driving much more fun and also improve your skills! (also drifting is fun now)

(put them in /LFS/data/snd/)
Attached files
skidsounds.zip - 1 MB - 807 views
#8 - Jakg
Quote from MillerM :I don't like this sound.

I'm using a set of sounds, combination of Disposable's and Jenek's skid sounds.

(Both found here)

I have combined them for you all. With these sounds you can hear the difference between light and heavy skid better!

They make driving much more fun and also improve your skills! (also drifting is fun now)

(put them in /LFS/data/snd/)

hmmmm, can you post a preview of it?
Made a video comparison. UpgradedSkidsounds@YouTube vs same vid with OriginalSkidsounds@YouTube

Sound quality is not as good as in game, especially noticable with the heavy skids, Even when other sounds seem fine!, because of high gain.

The sound has a lot more detail ingame. Skid sound is also different with each car!

(Note; I wasn't showing my driving or drifting skills. Just trying to give an indication of the sounds) LOL
well not bad, but they scream a bit too much for me.
didnt find anything better than the originals in the thread
Just like real tyres

But it isn't that distorted ingame!
It doesn't work to me. Winamp can't play and ingame it doesn't work at all.
I think because it's a 'headerless RAW waveform'. I like the sound so can you post them in a microsoft wavesound format?
Quote from magux :It doesn't work to me. Winamp can't play and ingame it doesn't work at all.
I think because it's a 'headerless RAW waveform'. I like the sound so can you post them in a microsoft wavesound format?

put it in lfsfolder/data/sound...

and btw..this thread is 2 years old!
yay 2 years! sooo, why is it still here?
I dont want to be rude but it doesn't sound neither good or realistic. And its only one skid sound of 5 totally available for replacing.
How can i use raw sound as ingame sound?

Dont know, its not workin ..
Simple answer

You can´t use raw soundfiles anymore. You could a couple of years back.

New skid sound
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG