The online racing simulator
Ideas needed
(88 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Serpentine :Have you ever seen him on the track?

Hi Serps! How's it hangin' - I miss our mini battles
Quote from Jakg :ROFL, i laughed so hard that i have inadvrtantly covered my momo with coke!

I wish i had a Momo...
Quote from Serpentine :Have you ever seen him on the track?

Nope, but I know he has taken part in the demo league, and afaik, there has been no complaints of him in the forum at least.
Quote :If I was you, I´d give it to faster111

+1
Seriously, if our faster one wrote a good essay with few errors, that would show that he's really trying hard. THEN I'd give him the license. Giving it away just because - no.
Quote from Captain Slow :+1

+ another 1.

He seems to want to know a lot even though we flame him to the core of the earth but he just mostly either doesn't mind, doesn't care or just literally doesn't realise...

We should all donate an amount into a paypal account of like Victor or something and that way we can trust that faster111 can get it!
Quote from AndroidXP :Seriously, if our faster one wrote a good essay with few errors, that would show that he's really trying hard. THEN I'd give him the license. Giving it away just because - no.

Yes, maybe but what is a good essay? can you justify?

If we put him up against another demo user, that user could be the best speller in the world - we wouldn't know!
You dont have to be the best speller in the world to be able to write 20 or 30 sentences without mistake.

-1 to the suggestion btw.
or they could just pay like i had to... :S
Quote from zeugnimod :You dont have to be the best speller in the world to be able to write 20 or 30 sentences without mistake.

-1 to the suggestion btw.

Well faster can't seem to write even some 1 word sentences right so how can that be?

Maybe we should have a poll to see if he deserves it - im going to do it lol
So, you deserve software worth 24£ just by being "annoying" and not caring about spelling?
Quote from AndroidXP :So, you deserve software worth 24£ just by being "annoying" and a bad speller?

Well technically yes in his situation but there's more to it - He seems to be really into it. You may think that he is annoying when asking all these questions but i think he just wants to know more and it's always better to ask than to just not ask and therefore not know!
Quote :So, you deserve software worth 24£ just by being "annoying" and not caring about spelling?

yes you do. and he deserves it for his character.
I don't see many usefull ideas so far. I also don't think a basic race is the
way to go because it doesn't reward the most dedicated demo user,
simply the one who managed to be faster on that occasion. Also, the
organisation around that race might give problems. It is pretty simple
only because the winner would be, well, the winner of that race.

One good point that i didn't even realise myself is that demo users do not
have online stats so most of my idea wouldn't work. I would have required
a minimum of online racing, in all demo cars and all BL configs, no matter
the finishing times. That's hard to judge. We'd need a special server setup
with an application keeping all the stats. Even then, it's impossible to
verify the validity of usernames. The only part that would work is requiring
a minimum time registered on these forums.

Basically the idea is to give it to someone who 'deserves' it. So someone
who contributes to LFS in a way or another, is present in the community
and is a decent driver (not a wrecker for example...).

I was also thinking it would have been good for LFS to have a little recruiting
competition, the demo user who recruits the most new players would win, but
that is also a bit hard to verify...

A small essay would be a good idea as long as it's not too long, i mean, someone
will actually have to read all that you know

EDIT: Oh, i just had an idea, maybe a 'driver test' using a layout would be good
since it rewards a good driver more than simply a fast one.
Quote from Fonnybone :

EDIT: Oh, i just had an idea, maybe a 'driver test' using a layout would be good
since it rewards a good driver more than simply a fast one.

Do you like the idea of a competition each month/quarter of a year?
What would give LFS the largest amount of positive publicity and therefore potential customers? That's the first thing to consider imo. Then it would be easier to figure out the details but of course, it has to promote good racing.

So, is it really necessary to give the licence to a demo racer in particular?
Duh, because what would be the point in giving a S2 licence to someone who is already S2ized?
Maybe a guy who's never heard of LFS is better if you Think about it.

Quote from kompa :What would give LFS the largest amount of positive publicity and therefore potential customers? That's the first thing to consider imo. Then it would be easier to figure out the details but of course, it has to promote good racing.

So, is it really necessary to give the licence to a demo racer in particular?

Shall we give it to an S2 user instead?? illepall
Quote from kompa :Maybe a guy who's never heard of LFS is better if you Think about it.

Yes but we need somebody who we know will stay "interested" and so far the demo user that is the most obvious is faster111!!
Giving the licence to a particular pre-defined character, although I believe you when you say he deserves it, cannot attract people into LFS as much as some cool event could.
defintatly a demo user, as they deserve it more than just some random stranger.
I'd rather think what's best and most beneficial for LFS.

Sure, demo racers are most likely the biggest bunch to attend if an event of some sort was arranged, I'd still try to get NEW people into LFS.

Who knows, this total stranger could very well be the next hilarious forum spammer, which actually makes me reconsider my thoughts j/k
Quote from kompa :I'd rather think what's best and most beneficial for LFS.

Sure, demo racers are most likely the biggest bunch to attend if an event of some sort was arranged, I'd still try to get NEW people into LFS.

Point proven but if we do it for demo users then more people will come for a chance to win!
This thread is closed

Ideas needed
(88 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG