The online racing simulator
this patch introduces numerous tweaks that only makes sense if Scawen anticipates a large plus in racers. Lets see.
Quote from vis :happy that LFS is not dead...
but when are we getting new physics and content?

You should buy before S2...
Quote from moffer :You should buy before S2...

He don't not obliged to be buy it. He can have select to buy or does't buy. The new phisics for everybody (demo, s1, s2, s3)
I think it's time to lock this topic as I fear S3 & Scirocco posts are coming in torrents...
Don't let terrorism rule, rule terrorism

new track would be nice though *giggle*
Quote from cargame.nl :Don't let terrorism rule, rule terrorism

new track would be nice though *giggle*

Cargame, hit me.
I just had the following error on 5 of my 6 servers:

Dec 01 19:57:42 › HOST : TIMER BOUNDED
I have a problem with LFS_S2_DEDI_6E. Clients cannot connect and have always the time-out error.

The server works fine with Demo but returns the time-out error when used a S2.

I have the server running for long, at least since Z28 version.

Is there something I can do?

Thanks,
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I just had the following error on 5 of my 6 servers:

Dec 01 19:57:42 › HOST : TIMER BOUNDED

My guess is this : You are running your servers with Wine and the system had its time clock adjusted. This causes a large leap in the time reported to LFS. LFS decides this is impossible, so limits (bounds) the leap in time. It is a bug in Wine. The timeGetTime function doesn't report a steadily increasing number of milliseconds but can jump back and forth when the system time is adjusted.
Quote from Scawen :My guess is this : You are running your servers with Wine and the system had its time clock adjusted. This causes a large leap in the time reported to LFS. LFS decides this is impossible, so limits (bounds) the leap in time. It is a bug in Wine. The timeGetTime function doesn't report a steadily increasing number of milliseconds but can jump back and forth when the system time is adjusted.

No, I have a dedicated server (only used by me, so no shared hosting) with an hosting company, which is running on Windows XP.
Quote from Titanio :I have a problem with LFS_S2_DEDI_6E. Clients cannot connect and have always the time-out error.

The server works fine with Demo but returns the time-out error when used a S2.

I have the server running for long, at least since Z28 version.

Is there something I can do?

Thanks,

I reconfigured port 63391 to 63392 and now is working! Something wrong with 63391 port
Quote from ACCAkut :this patch introduces numerous tweaks that only make sense if people play LFS online.

Fixed that for ya.
Just noticed a new feature - an admin can select tracks,change laps/qual length and wind by clicking with mouse like it would be /select yes,wasn't so before. Was a bit confused,thought the configuration of server was wrong... This will make life abit easier to admins who are too lazy either learn commands or type them.
Awesome, tonight I run server and client on same PC, and I even stay online after hibernate/sleep

BTW Scawen don't forget to set CPW to ban after few days if everything works well
Thank you very much for the known information

Quote from Iceman1989 :Just bought today S2...all fine, but after patch installation, i dont see anymore S1 or demo servers, such as cargame.nl or MRC...why? Thanks all.

Man, you have to enter you GAMEpasswod again (When you bought the game, they asked you for a Password to unlock the S2. Enter it again and it should work).
Quote from Yisc[NL] :No, I have a dedicated server (only used by me, so no shared hosting) with an hosting company, which is running on Windows XP.

OK, that should rule out time going backwards. I think the only explanation is that they were denied CPU time for 6 seconds. You can reproduce it by clicking and holding the title bar on the dedicated host for 6 seconds, so it gets no CPU time at all. Then when you let go you will see that the time increment is bounded to 6 seconds. In fact it is the wrong thing for LFS to do in that case, but timer bounding was the only way I could think of to solve the issues that could be caused by Wine's bug.
Quote from Scawen :OK, that should rule out time going backwards. I think the only explanation is that they were denied CPU time for 6 seconds. You can reproduce it by clicking and holding the title bar on the dedicated host for 6 seconds, so it gets no CPU time at all. Then when you let go you will see that the time increment is bounded to 6 seconds. In fact it is the wrong thing for LFS to do in that case, but timer bounding was the only way I could think of to solve the issues that could be caused by Wine's bug.

do you think is there a way for lfs to know if you have slickmod on or tweak before you enter server? like a warning?

so many time i forgot you must close lfs and restart or you get cpw ban.

if not. then cpw bans should have a warning cpw kick so if you use slickmod or tweaks (or people with car mods) can close lfs and slickmod and reboot and join without ban. ?

possible?
Well help me, when I want to hosted on my server at home, so when I click the lfs dedi, its calls Cloud not create the MPR folder. How to fix this????
Quote from Franky.S :
possible?

Its possible to modify something more than just tyre types, like window name etc. to make user easier recognize which version he is using.

---

Today for first time ever I had race with two winners
This guy had constant 1-3 s time in ping bar, so that probably reason. Replay attached
Attached files
AU4_race_1L_3R_2F_30.mpr - 14.5 KB - 243 views
Quote from joordy599 :Well help me, when I want to hosted on my server at home, so when I click the lfs dedi, its calls Cloud not create the MPR folder. How to fix this????

correct the two of parametrs in the file of setup.cfg

/autosave=2 (auto)
/mprdir=mpr (folder for the save mpr)
Quote from [Audi TT] :correct the two of parametrs in the file of setup.cfg

/autosave=2 (auto)
/mprdir=mpr (folder for the save mpr)

I got the same messenger
Attached images
error.png
Not show winner after quick spectacting.
Attached files
bug.mpr - 15.2 KB - 215 views
- So I was driving around on Cargame.nl S1 just now, and I started to lag.
- Eventually I timed out, "Lost connection to host".
- Then LFS became unresponsive, with a black screen and the "Lost connection to host" message.
- Shift-F4 didn't work, Windows and ctrl-esc buttons didn't work, escape did nothing.
- Ctrl-alt-del worked. I opened Task Manager, and clicked LFS in the Applications tab.
- I got the message "LOCAL: TIMER BOUNDED".
- LFS went to the Multiplayer screen and started to operate normally.

While timing out is normal, LFS locking up like this isn't. Hopefully this is something that can be eliminated?
Also, admins ( light-grey square ) visible only offline in MPR, but online it not visible. Will you correct this ?
Great version! My fav is the arrows being shown in pits even in open config. I really wanted that fix.

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG