The online racing simulator
AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
read the post above yours
Ok so I guess we should have restricted areas. I don't understand what a hidden checkpoint means. Please replace my time with 1 54 46 . Otherwise even if I do a 1 53.xx, it wont accept it.

Also, you should have the restricted area thing as a patch so it runs locally and not with the server. Therefore lag wont be an issue.
unless Victor's database keeps track of previous best times achieved, he can't just take your word on a nice fast time to insert - otherwise I'm sure I did a 1.53.99 myself the other night! Probably the only fair thing to do if no record is kept to step your time back to is to nuke your time out entirely and then you can just go drive that 1.54.4 anew.
Quote from sil3ntwar :The cars wont change for just one person. If they would then i would be forcing the LX cars

And me, I'd pick... UF1... :P
This is great. PLEASE mates keep it going!
this is awsome.

questions for the future:
- does this application work on other tracks too?
- can this survey a whole race like they did on the 24hours kyoto race
- will this be available to everybody?
- can this be limited e.g. every user has only 3 attempts (background: making it possible to do qualifyings during a week, gather all laptimes, and race at the weekend with the collected results)
Quote from Fischfix :this is awsome.

questions for the future:
- does this application work on other tracks too?

yes, or at least atm I can't see why not. I haven't tried yet.
Quote from Fischfix :
- can this survey a whole race like they did on the 24hours kyoto race

it's not really meant to do that. This is a rally-style, delayed starting thing. Not meant for normal races
Quote from Fischfix :
- will this be available to everybody?

I just don't know yet.
Quote from Fischfix :
- can this be limited e.g. every user has only 3 attempts (background: making it possible to do qualifyings during a week, gather all laptimes, and race at the weekend with the collected results)

yes, a limit on the tries is easily applied. The end result would be a chart with everyone's pb (ie. the race grid order).
Quote from Victor :yes, a limit on the tries is easily applied. The end result would be a chart with everyone's pb (ie. the race grid order).

Expanding on this slightly, here is the format of our local autocross club's results...

Overall (by class)
Top times

With the overall, results are put into classes. The most relevant thing about this view of the results is that it shows each run for every participant, with their best run shown again on the right-hand side of the page.
This is an absolute blast. I love this track and the delayed starts. I hope this gets set up for the rally events as well. So this way it will be an actual rally race and not bumper cars...lol. Awsome job Victor
Quote from dave4002000 :This is an absolute blast.

Couldn't agree more. This is quite possibly the most fun I've had playing LFS in a while, and it has really opened my eyes to a whole new aspect of tuning my GTi setup. (That and it was fun meeting up with old buddies like Android over there). I think that I'll be running the HELL out of this until it's taken down.
really nice victor...
did some times yesterday evening with mouse and today 2 or 3 laps with my wheel and race_1 setup

hopefully i can do some more laps later on, cause I like that kind of competition

maybe a fast driver can post some nice sets...
me is not a setupper, just a driver

hey, AndriodXP, why don't you just post your sets instead of posting "rules" for getting a nice set?
would be coOL to drive a set of a compatriot hehehe (schleim, schleim )

/EDIT:
Some improvents for teh website:
maybe you can display the best split times too (absolut [splits added] and relative [only from split to split])

maybe before the whole list or so...

//EDIT:
oh, and maybe the gaps between the times
Because at the time of posting that I was at work :shhh:

Btw, right now "my" set is in reality GrantR's, but with a modified (not so low) gearing.
Quote from AndroidXP :Because at the time of posting that I was at work :shhh:

Btw, right now "my" set is in reality GrantR's, but with a modified (not so low) gearing.

well, me is at work atm too, so...no online LFS and no wheel
but thx for info!
Haha, I have a day off
Zeitausgleich rules.

PS: Sorry for OT
Hi Victor,

Your script/server seems to need a restart again. PBs are not recorded any more, and you can join whenever you like, being invited or not. There also seems to be some "ghost player" on the server - a high-pinger that isnt visible for all the others.
Id love to help with a new course layout (Im a layout whore) also using more cones and less solid objects. But, with multiple people on course, those mates shagging cones best be moving fast!!
Quote from St4Lk3R :Hi Victor,

Your script/server seems to need a restart again. PBs are not recorded any more, and you can join whenever you like, being invited or not. There also seems to be some "ghost player" on the server - a high-pinger that isnt visible for all the others.

yeah i noticed too and experimented too that problem occurredd to me occasinally also on regular servers, but in 1 year of S2 it happened less that 30 times i think, most people think it's our own isp bug, but i can boldly say it isn't, also victor yesterday was so kind to assist me whil i was doing some internet checks pings was always low with maximum of 160 ms and 0% loss all the time, ping is essentially icmp packets wich behaves like udp so the "ping test" let presume all packets arrive to destination, moreover today i tried some traceroutes too -> all succesful.
yesterday i also enabled the lfs network debug and accordingly to lfs my maximum lag was 0.06 just like other players also the network bars were very small (that's good), fortunately this server shows this problem sistematically, so imo it is possible to find the real cause.
i noticed that between !away and !back commands or connect/disconnect it triggers from invisible/visible and viceversa...i mean if i connect and i am invisible, i will be forever at any start, but if i connect/disconnect or away/back till i'm visible, then i will be visible forever.

i think that this new autocross feature is just stressing a subtle and latent bug of lfs and make it show frequently, also the feature of this autocross make this bug show itself, while on regular servers people just think that everyone is crashing at him...
i hope that everyone that experiment this bug, will report it here so that devs have enough user feedback to assume it is an lfs bug and investigate it.
Can I ask a quick question Vic?

Are you running the AutoX server on a different port to normal?

The reason I ask is that my ISP restricts the usual LFS port but the AutoX server you ran seemed to be ok. This might just have been due to fewer racers on track at the same time, but I thought I would ask anyway to be sure.

TIA
Quote from mrbogeyman :Can I ask a quick question Vic?

Are you running the AutoX server on a different port to normal?

The reason I ask is that my ISP restricts the usual LFS port but the AutoX server you ran seemed to be ok. This might just have been due to fewer racers on track at the same time, but I thought I would ask anyway to be sure.

TIA

nope, it's running on 63392 and always has been.
Quote from Victor :nope, it's running on 63392 and always has been.

ok, must just have been the low number of drivers on track.
This has brought new life to LFS for me. I haven't played for a good while, but this has kept me busy the past few days. Can't wait to see what comes of this idea. I can imagine some real good rally tracks using this feature :-)
added a new feature to the website - from now on, every new pb will have a replay visible on the webpage (yes the whole replay ) compared to another racer.

To view two racers' laps, just click on the checkboxes next to the two entries you want to see (repeat - only the latest pbs will have a replay, so this'll become more interesting later on).

url reminder http://vic.liveforspeed.net/autoxcompo/

edit - ohyeah, if you want, I can remove your current entry so you could do a new lap with a replay. Just drop me a msg then.
Quote from Victor :
yes, a limit on the tries is easily applied. The end result would be a chart with everyone's pb (ie. the race grid order).

Could this function be applyed to a normal track over the course of say.. 2 weeks in a free practice mode (anyone can drive at any time) and limit it to say... 12 flying laps (flying meaning exclusion of outlaps)?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
When i check the little boxes nothing happens (aol browser, will try firefox)

Firefox works, aol works but it takes a while Thats a really, really cool feature man
Vic, that is an awesome feature!

A great tool for comparing lines and times. Kudos to you

One question... how does it work? Does it work from stored replays in a similar way to spectator? It is very acturate anyway and allows you to see slight differences in line. Amazing.

AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG