The online racing simulator
Window textures
(9 posts, started )
Window textures
So I've been wondering for a while..
Is it allowed to edit your windows?

As explained in this thread:
http://www.lfsdrift.net/addons ... kinnable-windows-for-xrt/

It adds a DDS file which then interacts with the VOB, so you can edit the window texture.
It doesn't alter the shape, and causes no problems.

Yet, is it allowed?
Yes, it's allowed. It's only modifying a .dds, which you are allowed to edit. If it were to change the shape of a car, then it'd be otherwise.
#3 - Omar1
I used to use this, but now when i try saving the file as .dds in photoshop, i get this error :/
Attached images
what.jpg
Quote from Omar1 :I used to use this, but now when i try saving the file as .dds in photoshop, i get this error :/

dds doesn't support layers, you need to flatten them.
Quote from Omar1 :I used to use this, but now when i try saving the file as .dds in photoshop, i get this error :/

When saving for the first time, in the Nvidia panel, choose 'No MIP Maps'. I had the same problem, but played around with it, until that worked.

EDIT: I just realized that it's using a modified VOB. It doesn't actually change the shape of the car, but it allows you to skin the window. LFS's genuine XR VOB is 270KB, whilst the modified is 279KB.
:bananadea
Thanks for the replies, but I'm still not sure whether it's allowed or not lol.

Quote from Bose321 ::bananadea

How useful.
I guess... he was.... just...

Cookin' bananas.

OH YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Quote from karakterman2 :Thanks for the replies, but I'm still not sure whether it's allowed or not lol.

How useful.

Hence the .vob mod part.

Window textures
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG