The online racing simulator
XRT skin wanted
(8 posts, started )
XRT skin wanted
im looking for a skin that looks like an old beater. aka, different color quarter panels, hood, etc with a bit of surface rust. it must be XRT. if someone makes one for me, thank you very much. i would make it myself but im not skilled enough.

heres a picture of a car that has the same look i want (colors and all that the same if possible)

thanks =]
Attached images
DSCN6394_edited-vi.jpg
I haven't got much on this weekend, so I'll give it a go. You'll have to turn all the shinyness settings down in your lfs config for it to look any good but. Shiny doesn't look good on rust...
Something to add to the Dev request thread: shine/specular mapping. Jpgs can do 4 channels; lfs uses 3 of them. Dds file may only handle 3. But one more channel is only another 8 bits per pixel...
Here's a progress report:

so far, I've found a bunch of textures I like for the panels. The yellow areas are yet to have details added; I've decided on a fibreglass look for these, with cracks and dents showing the fibre sheets in places; and the whole thing will have a layer of weathering added to it.

Just so's you know - i've cheated the screenshot a bit, and comped together shiny and non-shiny versions of the same pic, which gives the rust a matte look.

Hope you like so far.
Attached images
Junker.jpg
Here it is - it's about 98% there...

There's lines along the seams on the mud layer that i need to address properly, but it's ready to race, so to speak.

I might revisit those seam-lines in the future, but not right now. If anyone else wants to have a go at them, feel free.
Attached images
Beater_prev01.jpg
Beater_prev02.jpg
XRT_Beater.jpg
Quote from Shirtkicker :Here it is - it's about 98% there...

There's lines along the seams on the mud layer that i need to address properly, but it's ready to race, so to speak.

I might revisit those seam-lines in the future, but not right now. If anyone else wants to have a go at them, feel free.

Thanks so much dude! It came out great!
Not a problem - go for it
...and here's the teamskins.

preview here.
Attached images
XRT_Beater_R.jpg
XRT_Beater_G.jpg
XRT_Beater_B.jpg

XRT skin wanted
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG