The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
sounds good becky , a few sugestions though:

"R3.4 passing the saftey car
everyone except the race leader may overtake the safety car whilst on a straight or if the safety car has cornered wide"

So the entire field can pass the safety car except the race leader?!? illepall
This means that the race leader follows pace car & the rest just carry on racing. Surely not?

"R3.5 the safety car will turn off its lights as it crosses the start/finish then peal off into the pits

R3.6 the race resumes as drivers cross the start/finish line"

If this is the case then the race resumes as soon as the safety car turns out its lights giving the race leader no warning & also the safety car has no chance to enter the pit lane safely as racers will be accelerating past it & it has missed the pit entrance! :doh:

Problem is to much is happening at once & it just does'nt work. May I suggest the BTCC or F1 method of pace car turns off lights near to end of lap then peals off into pit lane leaving the race leader to choose his moment (to put his foot down) remembering that no one may overtake untill the start finish line. job done race resumes.

just some things I noticed in your regs section
It's just a case of mis-interpretation anttt69, allow me to explain without being in 'rules' mode.

Firstly as the safety car enters it's last lap it turns off it's hazard lights, it continues to drive the last lap until it gets to the pit entry - at this point the leader becomes the pace car. Green flag racing resumes as each car reaches the start finish line.

The leader isn't the only one stuck behind the pace car, the idea is the safety car can deploy at any time - without trying (and perhaps failing) to get out infront of the race leader. If an accident that needs the safety car is spotted (remember no reset/shift-s and retirements will wait a few laps before clearing) a full course yellow flag is thrown and the safety safety car deploys.

All drivers then pass the safety car except the leader, remember it's full course yellow so nobody can overtake each other, a que therefore forms behind the safety car.

When the incident is clear and all running cars are in que behind the safety car it will turn off it's hazards and pull in the following lap. A typicall safety car period is likely to be around 4 laps.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
Quote from Tukko :
hmmm there's a one problem.. fxo is faster than xrt on all rallycross tracks.

That was/is the problem.
Thanks for the explanation.

may I ask why you do not make those particular points clear within the rules?

the rules should be clear & concise with no room for mis-interpretation.

Ant
Quote from Becky Rose :It will be on Sundays in the evening, it's to be confirmed but most probably 7pm. I will be checking conflicts with major LFS leagues before confirming the date & time for each race. and announce the details on that soon.

The Original LFS League: All League events are held on SUNDAYS sometime between 16:00 and 22:00 GMT

Subscribers to OLFSL, this season: 311
Most racers that drove in one event, this season: 162
Thankfuly the OLFSL does not run every Sunday, according to Clanshells I've spotted a free day on the 20th August so the first race will take place then at 7pm GMT.

7pm GMT seems best from those i've spoken too so far so that during the day is free and the finish isn't too late for Europeans and Americans will be wide awake. (using a ukct.net server so pings should be good for most Americans).

Round One: 20th August!

Further dates to be announced on the site when I get around to it... There's so much to do!
Quote :may I ask why you do not make those particular points clear within the rules?

Each rule is there individually, there just isn't a summary explaining it as a whole picture. As safety cars are not common in LFS I will add a summary to the RSS feed. Drivers interested in the series at a later date wont need the summary because they'll have seen it working - which is infinately better .

I'm sure it wont take long for the safety car to deploy in Sprint 1 ...
Quote from Becky Rose :Thankfuly the OLFSL does not run every Sunday, according to Clanshells I've spotted a free day on the 20th August so the first race will take place then at 7pm GMT.

7pm GMT seems best from those i've spoken too so far so that during the day is free and the finish isn't too late for Europeans and Americans will be wide awake. (using a ukct.net server so pings should be good for most Americans).

Round One: 20th August!

Further dates to be announced on the site when I get around to it... There's so much to do!

You might want to be careful about the time zone you are using.

There was some confusion in my teams cup when we announced race times in GMT because we are in fact in BST at the moment, and will be until the end of October. We had non-uk people turning up an hour early then leaving because the server was pretty empty.
Good point. 7pm British Summer (jk) Time.
Sorry I missed a few posts earlier, too many must have come in at once, some important questions where asked so i'll deal with them now:

Quote :1) Are there any particular deadline when all entry forms have to be sent?

The league is running just 1 server of 19 slots and no more - because of producing the broadcast, if and when all slots are used a waiting list will start, as it's certain in most races a few drivers will not attend drivers at the top of the list should be ok.

Obviously if drivers keep missing races and there's a waiting list then that will be "something that is looked at". .

Quote :2) Does every team _have to have_ 2 drivers or can team have only one driver?

Individual drivers can join as privateer entries, they take no part in the team championship. Teams can have as many drivers as you like but the teams score is the average of all drivers, so 2 makes sense.

Quote :3) Why entry form has questions about peoples life, like "are you married? do you have kids?" Really can't see the point for those questions in LFS league

The series is being broadcast over internet video and features commentary and the commentators need stuff to talk about, especially if the race spreads out. If there's any question you dont want to answer then you can just ignore it.

Quote :hmmm there's a one problem.. fxo is faster than xrt on all rallycross tracks

The world records disagree with you but this could be down to a particular driver or just a particular moment in time. I'd rather avoid opinions and bias for the categorisation which is why I chose WR times as the basis for which car is best at each track. If any of them are drastically wrong that can only be because someone has an easy WR - so go beat the WR and i'll change it .

If this seems drastically wrong as a meens of sorting the cars out then i'm open to persuasion.
Seems interesting
Hi Becky,

I'm relatively new on the LFS scene, but was looking to get into some organised racing. I'm not a really fast driver, so are there any guidelines on what pace you're looking for?

With a month between races getting up to speed on a combo shouldn't be too much of a struggle :P
i was wondering is there any rules regarding who can enter cos I'm from Australia, just seeing if i can enter with lag issues.

i did a ATC race with 23 racers one time and i had very little lag, so i hope i can race in this
This cup sounds interesting.
-not sure about the casetycar thing though.
It will only cause misunderstandings and confusion on the track IMO.
#39 - Vain
The safety car regulation is easy. When the SC comes all cars pile up behind the SC, beginning with the race leader. All others (naturally) sort behind him in the order they had before, because they can't overtake anyone during a full course yellow.
Everyone who can understand what a yellow flag is can understand this.

Vain
Quote from Becky Rose :<answers>

Thx

I asked about deadline because I'm moving atm and it takes 3 weeks before I have adsl there so will see if I get everything sorted on time
Quote :so are there any guidelines on what pace you're looking for?

No. Your speed is your problem! What you do to other drivers is where I come in

Quote :i was wondering is there any rules regarding who can enter cos I'm from Australia, just seeing if i can enter with lag issues.

Lag , I cant change it sadly. The race hosting is being done by cduk.net, so try logging onto a cduk.net server when it's busy (they frequently are) and make a judgement call, i'll be making that same call on the day of the race.

Quote :not sure about the casetycar thing though.

They work in real racing. Remember this series is for broadcast, so retirements are asked to stay in place for a few laps and stuff like that, a safety car is essential. Plus they're generally good for re-invigorating a race from a spectator point of view.

Quote :I asked about deadline because I'm moving atm and it takes 3 weeks before I have adsl there so will see if I get everything sorted on time

I hope all goes well with the move, I have 5 confirmed and 3 provisional bookings yesterday (unconfirmed) so places are rapidly going .

Unfortunately i've been mail bombed this morning and have 800 emails so I if I miss any application emails as I delete them please send them again later. I shall endeavour to be vigilante.
#42 - Vain
Just for confirmation: It is possible for members of a team to drive different cars, or is that restricted?

Vain
Quote :Just for confirmation: It is possible for members of a team to drive different cars, or is that restricted?

Although i'd preffer it I would rather friends raced as a team than as individuals in a different car. I want to encourage teams to compete, so I am prepared to allow it in the first season provided the skin looks the same on each car.
#44 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Although i'd preffer it I would rather friends raced as a team than as individuals in a different car. I want to encourage teams to compete, so I am prepared to allow it in the first season provided the skin looks the same on each car.

well ive posted on the [MG] forum to drum up some interest!
#45 - Jakg
uh oh, theres 3 rallyx tracks, think of the FXO's!
#46 - d6nn
In
#47 - Jakg
i want to ask about the numbers, could you provide like a sample skin (default with numbers would do!) as to where they SHOULD be?
There's a picture of a skin with the numbers in place on the track guide, and a few of the entries have pictures now (although some wont appear until the next site update later).

basically anywhere on the front door, on both sides. And once again on the bonnet. It doesn't matter too much where you put them provided they are in those areas. The bonnet number may be placed at an angle if you wish.
#49 - Jakg
oh, the pic only shew the front bit, o well, if i have to have one on the bonnet i might as well re-jig the skin a bit!
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG