The online racing simulator
Using the Soundbank
Hi!

Can Someone tell me how to "read" the .dat files of the soundpack, so i know what the values in this file stand for? I am wondering, which of these values is the reference rpm of the sound files with constant rpm?

Thanks in advance!
Open with notepad or something?
yeah, i know how to open the .dat files. But i am interestes in what the values in this file stand for?

For example the "MRT" soundpack:

i have this files:

MRT_backfire1.wav
MRT_backfire2.wav
MRT_BlowOffValve.wav
MRT_FuelWarning.wav
MRT_off_high.wav
MRT_off_low.wav
MRT_off_mid.wav
MRT_on_high.wav
MRT_on_low.wav
MRT_on_mid.wav
MRT_RoadNoise.wav
MRT_shift_down1.wav
MRT_shift_up1.wav
MRT_shift_up2.wav

and this data in .dat file:

0,2000,7000,0,2500,7000,0,0,-20,0,0,0,-100,-250,0,5654,2952,-2262,0,5654,2952,-2262,6.9,-2000,-2000,-2000,0,0,0,0,0,0,-2000,0,0,0,0,0,-1050,-1130,8,9,1000,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7000,200,-500,-500,-500,4,5,5,-500,0,-950,19430,0,0,15000,3,0,0

now i wonder which of this values stands for each event. Is there some "decoding-rule" to understand those values?
No one?
bump
If you open csr.exe then click the down arrow to then open the editor, you can make sense of the values. It's easy enough to figure out what the values correspond with, such as the sample overlap rpm, volume offset, frequency offset etc.

However the best way to use the program is to actually set all the freq. offsets to 0, if you know the reference rpm for the unaltered sample. If you have a sample recorded at 6000 rpm ( = 100 hz tone), you should set the global frequency range to a value which plays the sample to the same pitch as the actual file at 6000 rpm on the rpm graph in CSR. Unfortunately finding the right global range requires experimentation. You should then in an audio editor edit all the other samples (low, medium, off throttle etc etc) to play at the exact same pitch (i.e. increase the pitch of the idle sample to 6000 rpm), regardless of how silly it may sound, it works in the editor. You then only need to play with the volumes and overlap points while the pitch will correctly match up with the freq. offsets set to 0 for each rpm zone. Just remember to set the global range to match the reference rpm of the samples.

When CSR creates a .dat file, the global range is set to 4.0 by default. For the rpm of your samples to match up, they need to play at ~11,000 rpm. I've made a very minimal MRT folder to demonstrate this. If you open the .wav samples in wmp, they all play at 11,000 rpm. In the CSR editor, with default values, this works perfectly. For samples recorded at 5,500 rpm, the global range should be 8.0. etc.

http://localhostr.com/files/VK4d9lC/MRT.rar

Hope this somehow makes sense.
problem with csr
I have problem when when i press edit from car remixrer csr then coming up runtime error 399 component ^MSCOMCTL.OCX^ OR one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid i think its missing i got windows 7 where i can dowload that? it works but i cant edit i can only mix. Please help me.. old dowload link is dead...
I can't test it but I googled: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

Quote :Open an administrative cmd prompt, change directory (cd) to %windir%\system32 or %windir%\syswow64 (depending on x86 or x64 version of Windows 7), and run the command regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx to re-register the file.

Does it fix it?
:s
Quote from deggis :I can't test it but I googled: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

Does it fix it?

i dont understand this can u make little tutorial? Open an administrative cmd prompt, change directory (cd) to %windir%\system32 or %windir%\syswow64 (depending on x86 or x64 version of Windows 7), and run the command regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx to re-register the file.
1. the .OCX file needs to be put in Windows\syswow64 (64-bit Win7) or in Windows\system32 (32-bit Windows)
2. start, write "cmd" to search, right mouse click, "run as administrator", answer Yes
3. write this:
Quote :cd c:\windows\syswow64

or in 32-bit Windows:
Quote :cd c:\windows\system32

(press Enter) and then:
Quote :regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx

Now should say that registering has succeeded.
Quote from deggis :Jos kuitenkin englanniksi jos joku muukin tarvitsee.

1. in 64-bit Win7, the file needs to be put in Windows\syswow64 instead of Windows\system32
2. start, write "cmd" to search, right mouse click, "run as administrator", answer Yes
3. write this:

or:

(press Enter) and then:

Now should say that registering has succeeded.

YOU ARE SO AWESOME WORKS NOW THANK YOU!! +99
:p
Quote from sankkuq :YOU ARE SO AWESOME WORKS NOW THANK YOU!! +99

Can i get somewhere addon sounds u know link for sounds?
Quote from sankkuq :Can i get somewhere addon sounds u know link for sounds?

i mean diffrent turbo sounds like that
:p
Sorry for being late, i think i can help you

I use CSR for years now and i got different sounds for many cars.
I will zip the whole CSR-folder with 7zip and upload it then.

btw: i love my sounds for FXR/FZR/XRR/UFR
i get the best results when i underline the CSR-sound with the original lfs sound.

EDIT: done
https://rapidshare.com/files/2475597904/CSR_09.10.2011.zip
Quote from phoenixIlooka :Sorry for being late, i think i can help you

I use CSR for years now and i got different sounds for many cars.
I will zip the whole CSR-folder with 7zip and upload it then.

btw: i love my sounds for FXR/FZR/XRR/UFR
i get the best results when i underline the CSR-sound with the original lfs sound.

EDIT: done
https://rapidshare.com/files/2475597904/CSR_09.10.2011.zip

where u get that all ?? :P
csr sounds wepsites send those for me ==)
some time ago there were some sound-packages which i mixed
It just doesnt work in 0.6B. Gonna try in Z28
Quote from phoenixIlooka :

First of all thank you for sharing.
Could you upload your engine sounds that you are using to "underline" (LFS/data/engine)? Or are you using default settings?

Quote from Flame CZE :It works for me.

How did you get it to work? Please explain. Is there something that needs to be done differently?
I find out of sounds
I find out of sounds answer:- i finded on my r factor sound folder and there is all what i need to csr!

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG