The online racing simulator
I disagree. Didn't really do much for me. Audio completely out of sinc, and most of the audio was poor. I think it's a stretch to call it a documentary. it's a collection of clips to cement the myth of Senna. Which was unfair to him and his fans because it doesn't present the truth. What was presented was a heavily biased representation of the truth.

The clips of karting were good though
Sucker Punch

Alltho I understand that most of the movie happens in the fantasy of the girl, it's still very strange. Also I have a problem seeing "super heros" in blonde ladies, it just... seems to unnatural to me.

But, nevertheless I enjoyed the movie a lot, and would recommend it if you want to try out a enjoyable drama/action movie which isn't too deep.
I also just watched Senna, very good documentary, I really liked it...recommended
Columbiana.
An amazing movie. Unpredictable at every moment. Showing the other side of life like nothing else and showing to us that we all have a bit of inside of us. Simply perfect. A must watch.
I couldn't handle Sucker Punch. My partner and I ended up skipping through most of the action scenes... I don't know if it was just the mood we were in but the whole thing seemed pretty tedious.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I couldn't handle Sucker Punch. My partner and I ended up skipping through most of the action scenes... I don't know if it was just the mood we were in but the whole thing seemed pretty tedious.

It appears to be a marmite film. Though I was a bit in the middle. One moment it was a serious 'adult' film and the next a kids action movies. Very odd.
Quote from Intrepid :It appears to be a marmite film. Though I was a bit in the middle. One moment it was a serious 'adult' film and the next a kids action movies. Very odd.

True true. I like the concept, but they should have made the movie deeper. The start were great I think, but it should have lasted longer to get the deeper feeling. Also the action secuenes were, as said before strange. Maybe not kid-friendly, but a far shot from the dark story.
Quote from The Very End :the action secuenes were, as said before strange. Maybe not kid-friendly, but a far shot from the dark story.

i think you completely missed the point fo the movie
Quote from Shotglass :i think you completely missed the point fo the movie

I know that the whole thing is that the girl is escaping to a fictional world where she finds strenght to continue the pursuit of getting free (both mentally and physically). That is not what botters me, the problem is that...well how to say this, it's just not right. I canot manage to get well into the story with 4 bimbo's slaughtering nazi zoombies and other creatures. Maybe I am too used to stereotypical action actors.
Drive
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/

even despite being heavily disturbed in cinema by some teens, i really enjoyed this film, interesting cinematography and perfect soundtrack, highly recommended
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Predictable, but very good, some genuine laughs all the way through, love the actresses too
now imagine that movie without steve carell. no good would of came out of it.
Yep, all around casting is excellent
Insidious

Just watched this, been crapping my pants the whole time and hiding behind pillows!
Quote from Migz :Insidious

Just watched this, been crapping my pants the whole time and hiding behind pillows!

It started off well. Midway through it was apparent that the film was ripping off Poltergeist. I think it went downhill from there.

Btw, have you seen Poltergeist? Probably still one of the best ghost movies ever made.
Quote from majod :The Tree Of Life
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/

at first i was like wtf? but then it made sense....it was really good

It didn't make any sense to me, please explain it to me like I'm five.

Where was the scifi that would explain our national theatrechain categorize it as such? The "david attenborough" or "2001: A Space Odyssey"-scenes I wouldn't count as scifi.
Quote from majod :The Tree Of Life
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/

at first i was like wtf? but then it made sense....it was really good

Got to see it the other night. Nice imagery, the "story" and symbolism in it is pretty straightforward but rather abstracted, the score was good (although it got overly dramatic/epic at bits building up on crescendos too often), the audio of dialogues (mostly the internal ones) kinda annoyed me with all the whispering half-sentences and so on.

As an experience it didn't provoke any sort of emotion in me despite being rather relaxed for the viewing and not knowing anything about the film. I think it could've of benefited from more tangible storytelling as the actors looked lost or dazed for the most part - especially Sean Penn had his classic shell-shocked expression permanently on. Perhaps it was because the characters were indeed exposed at key moments of their life to shock and had epiphanies of sorts but that didn't get transferred to me as I had no time to build a connection to the characters before being bombarded by their internal struggle with abstracted concepts.
Drive is really good!

Loved it. Slow paced, but well executed with plenty of deep emotions and feelings.

The main character is absolutely badass. Loved his "secret / quiet" personality. Also, the soundtrack is top notch.

My only criticism would be the engine sounds. Very, very poor...

Edit - For some reason some parts of the movie, especially the intro, reminded me of Vice City. The font they used is very reminiscent of the one in Vice City.
Quote from Electrik Kar :It started off well. Midway through it was apparent that the film was ripping off Poltergeist. I think it went downhill from there.

Btw, have you seen Poltergeist? Probably still one of the best ghost movies ever made.

Never seen it, started downloading it now so will watch it tomorrow night hopefully.

Also watched The Next Three Days, an absolutely fantastic film! Loved it, definitely worth a watch.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG