The online racing simulator
Multi Dedi Host Servers
(10 posts, started )
Multi Dedi Host Servers
Just wonder how i wold be able to have multiple lfs servers based at home.

I had my way of doing it by changing the port 63392 /63993/63994
only i noticed that when i had problem yesterday with my server not letting people in... it was the port 63393 and people told me to change it to 63392 and it solved my problem And kind Regards to the people that helped

So if i wanted to host multiple servers from home using them ports at the top how would i be able to unblock them ports to let people into my server

Thanks Matt
separate the ports more. try something like 15000 and 25000.
and what if there blocked how would i unblock them. all ports for lfs are unblocked

and ill try doing thats first

Thanks matt

Edit: servers up and running dont know if people can join yet but insim wont load got the same insim already up for S2 and can use it for demo but pops up saying program not responding and then closes
What is your upload bandwidth?

Most home connections are unsuitable for hosting any more than a few connections to a single server.

People have asked you this before, but I could not find the answer.

If you want to run a server, your connection's available upload bandwidth is the first number you need to know. From that, using the LFS bandwidth calculator, you can find out how many people can safely connect to your server.

Servers which allow many connected players need serious bandwidth capabilities. If you exceed the available bandwidth, it will not work. That is why people who run hosts which allow many connections do not usually use a home connection and there are people who provide server services.
Can You give me a link for the lfs bandwidth calculator /application

and i have never asked this question before just that I'm already using game port 63392 and if i use anything else it does not let any users connect to the server

As im trying to host a s2 server which is stable and a demo which is not insim will not stay on (says Program not responding then closes)

Thanks Matt
What is your upload bandwidth? We can't help unless you tell us.

I've found this site : http://testmy.net/upload

No registration needed, just try the Small or Medium upload test.

That will give you a value in Kbps (and kB/s). Please tell us both numbers.
Small test : 820 Kbps (103 kB/s)
Medium Test :785 Kbps (98 kB/s)

theres the test results

Thanks Matt
OK, from that link bunder posted : http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting#Bandwidth_Calculations

You can see that using your home connection, you should be able to run a host with up to 16 guests and 16 cars.

Or alternatively, two hosts with 12 guests and 12 cars.

You can see the bandwidth calculator on the "Start New Host" screen in LFS. You can enter your upload bandwidth and change the settings (maximum cars / maximum guests / dedicated host / packets per second) to see what bandwidth is required.
Ok thank you

but i still got my problem with my insim got the same one running for my s2 server

But when i go to start the demo insim which is the same Program comes up saying (program not responding)

And also when i did have a problem when i used the game port 63992 on my s2 it worked but when i used 63393 on demo its like it blocked it but it seems alright now

don't know about the insim i can run one on one server but when i run two at the same time don't work

and thanks for helping me ill change the s2 down to 12 and 12 and demo Thanks again

Thanks Matt

Multi Dedi Host Servers
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG