The online racing simulator
Report only bugs related to z34. kthxbye.
Quote from bunder9999 :it is in the xrr and the fzr... and probably a couple of the single-seaters too...

Shouldn't it be possible in any RWD car with 95% front brake balance? In XRG you can easily do that on BL1 straight (used on demo drag servers) with knobblies in rear.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Shouldn't it be possible in any RWD car with 95% front brake balance? In XRG you can easily do that on BL1 straight (used on demo drag servers) with knobblies in rear.

no idea, i've only really done it in the XRR...

i used to have some pretty good reflexes, i've done sub-10.5's before.
Attached files
bunder_AU3_XRR_FINISHED.spr - 12.5 KB - 380 views
Quote from bunder9999 :you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar...

So so truth.

@Scawen

If you may ever have time free, and not have other important things to do, would you mind looking at this thing which is attatched:

Quote from edge3147 :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1598899#post1598899

It is the ground around dragstrip. It would be very nice if it one day becomes touchable.

Thanks, take your time.
Eric must do track update. Scawen told about this
scawen, thanks for you job. I'am a question after installing the pacth Z34, I had to activate the game again missing an activation. Now I have one free activation.

Thanks
You will receive one more activation tomorrow morning
i find some unnecessary object here
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Don't know if it's an old bug or not. The pic is from FE 3/4 T1 runoff area
Attached images
Clip_5.jpg
Maybe this doesn't belong here, but any way we can get the high-beams to be brighter? They don't do much to get someone's attention since they're more like parking lights. Would think that might be an easy improvement to sneak in.
I'd say the flashlights are annoying enough as they are now...
Quote from numbazZ :i find some unnecessary object here

Yes, but it's not only a open-config bug.

Im attached a spr-file on default Kyoto-Oval.
Attached files
kybug.spr - 19.2 KB - 372 views
progress
Hello Racers,

As it's Friday, many of you are probably hoping for a patch (me too) but I've realised it is not possible to release the incompatible patch today.

The hotlapping updates were supposed to take half a day but that turned into 3 days with the things we added. Then I got onto one of the things I am committed to doing - the InSim packets that can add or remove objects.

That needed a new multiple object deletion function (previously only one could be deleted at a time). I adapted the old multiple object packet that was used when loading a layout or joining a host. Now it can be used for multiple object adding / deleting at any time, also extended to 30 objects per packet instead of 16 so it's faster to join a host or load a layout in multiplayer.

I had no good way to test the multiple object deletion packet, and realised it could really be tested well if there was a multiple object selection system in the autocross editor. That could be done in about a day using those new packets I had to add for InSim. Now you can select up to 30 objects at a time, using CTRL+click. You can then delete / duplicate / move or rotate the group of selected objects. I think that was very useful. Not only so the packets could be properly tested, it will save people a lot of time when they are editing layouts.

What still needs to be done for the incompatible test patch :

- The actual InSim packets for adding and deleting multiple objects (easy now that the internal packets are done)
- Reporting collisions with objects (should be simple enough now having done some updates for the hotlapping system)
- A few bug fixes

Changes since Z34

Autocross editor :

All autocross objects are now available at all tracks
Multiple object selection - press CTRL and click object button
Selection can be deleted, copied (O), moved (M), rotated (, / .)
Prevented mouse camera movement between button click and release
FIX : Start position sometimes remained active after deleting it

Open configuration support :

Random time from red to green lights now works with open configs
It is now possible to start a qualifying session on open configs

Various :

All translations have now been updated
The digit "1" now occupies the same screen space as other digits
Maximum qualifying time increased from 60 minutes to 240 minutes
TC Allowed Slip slider now goes up to 20% (previous maximum 10%)
On changing allowed cars disallowed cars will join the spectators
Improved multiple line text formatting - Japanese training now ok
FIX : It was possible to set qualifying on an autocross layout

Hotlapping support :

Tyres section in garage - settings for tyre warmer temperatures
You can load a layout in hotlap mode (may include start position)
NOTE : LFS World hotlaps may include start position - not objects
Hotlapping is possible on open configurations (not for LFS World)
Exit from pits now results in a clean restart to hotlap position
Reliable detection of wall side impacts (e.g. at South City)
Pit stops are no longer available in Hotlapping mode

Tracks :

SO : Removed a ghostly collision object in South City pit lane
SO : Removed two barriers embedded in tyre wall (Sprint Tracks)
WE : Fixed the position of the reversed configuration finish line
KY : Removed some barrier end segment errors from Oval / National

InSim :

New packet IS_PLC sets allowed cars for individual players

Quote from numbazZ :i find some unnecessary object here

Thanks, I've disabled that now. It looks like that has been there in National and Oval configs since Kyoto was first released!
Quote :Multiple object selection - press CTRL and click object button

This means we need to update the file key_Country.pdf?
Quote from Scawen :Maximum qualifying time increased from 60 minutes to 240 minutes

Good stuff, that's been an annoying "feature" of LFS One small request if possible (to fix another annoying feature) - could setting the number of laps above 100 be fixed so that it doesn't go in 10 lap increments? I can't think of a reason why you could have a 110 but not 111 lap race, and it would be a good bug to quash Anyway, don't forget to enjoy the sun
That is some stellar additions Scawen!

Seeing that Qualifying got an extension (very useful btw in leagues), is there a possiblity that laps can be expanded? By that I mean, can we set laps to say "108" instead of 100 or 110? It sounds like a minor thing but could be useful to some oval events/races/leagues. Also if there's a long race on a small track (FE1/AS1) that would be alot of laps, they could select 101 etc too.

Edit: Boothy beat me to it, but you see its an "interested" topic at least.
In the game by typing / laps 101 (max 999 laps), in manager race (track, qualifications, laps)
Quote :Multiple object selection - press CTRL and click object button
Maximum qualifying time increased from 60 minutes to 240 minutes

I like these the most Great updates overall.
Quote from [Audi TT] :In the game by typing / laps 101 (max 999 laps), in manager race (track, qualifications, laps)

Try before you post. It changes to 100.
That looks like a fantastic set of changes, and I can't wait to play with them.
Quote from Scawen :
Autocross editor :

All autocross objects are now available at all tracks
Multiple object selection - press CTRL and click object button

Just a quick question;
Will multiple object selection have clipboard support?

I'm thinking that some layout features could be copied between two instances of LFS in editor mode using this feature.

Edit:
Actually no. I just thought that through, is probably a big ask, so please treat it as misplaced feature request.
Thank you for new info Scawen!
Quote from Squelch :Will multiple object selection have clipboard support?

I'm thinking that some layout features could be copied between two instances of LFS in editor mode using this feature.

Edit:
Actually no. I just thought that through, is probably a big ask, so please treat it as misplaced feature request.

Well, perhaps it indeed will be possible if LFS keeps the "clipboard" in memory when loading a new layout. ie:

1) Load the source layout
2) Copy the objects of choice
3) Load the "destination" layout and paste the objects.

Edited to add the same reservation Squelch had; Perhaps the discussion is out of place. But his post got me thinking, that's all!
thanks for info scawen its appreciated
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG