The online racing simulator
I have a problem with U10. I accelerate and the revs goto maximum revs for the engine (around 7800rpm or so) and stay there, I can keep going up the gears and I can keep on accelerating normally, but audiably and on the rev guage I get absolutely no change until I get nearly to a standstill again.

It's a bit of a problem as I dont use the speedo ... I listen to my speed! lol. I guess i'll be downloading the official U patch and putting the .exe back from that for now - unless there is anything you want me to test or upload an .mpr or something?
#77 - Jakg
are there any other games that meausre driveshaft speed? i ws udner the impresion RBR did, but im not quite sure!
#78 - Vain
Quote from Jakg :are there any other games that meausre driveshaft speed? i ws udner the impresion RBR did, but im not quite sure!

About every game does.

Vain
Quote from Becky Rose :I have a problem with U10. I accelerate and the revs goto maximum revs for the engine (around 7800rpm or so) and stay there, I can keep going up the gears and I can keep on accelerating normally, but audiably and on the rev guage I get absolutely no change until I get nearly to a standstill again.

I guess that's the clutch setting mentioned in previous posts? If so, just set it to button instead of axis.

I've changed the default value back to button now in my version.
Quote from El_TaxMaN :Scawen, more onboard views in U11 please.

"NOTE 2" in the first post.
Quote from Jakg :yeap, all my controls got reset as well

"WARNING" in first post.
Guys, I guess you should read the first post

#84 - Vain
Did someone just say rtfm?

Vain
He means read the thread before posting
Quote :I guess that's the clutch setting mentioned in previous posts? If so, just set it to button instead of axis.

Yep It was an RTFM...
#87 - Jakg
Quote from Vain :About every game does.

Vain

never noticed that before...
Quote from Scawen : Eventually we will have much better ways to set up AI drivers, such as save the grid, etc. Then it won't be a problem.

FANTASTIC,real pain havin to set up AI everytime you switch tracks etc...
Tango
#89 - Wix
THanks Scawen - Eric - Victor .

Greatest sim ever. Keep up the good work. ( forever please )
I dont know if this is possible mantaining the retrocompatibility with patch U, but it would be very usefull for all the people that like me have disabled the Steering wheel visualization in lfs if on Fv8 and Bf1 the incar Hud would be visualized without the wheel too (something like the AIM in netkarpro)

Atm each time i use fv8 and bf1 i have to reactivate steering wheel and pilot, losing time and playing not as i would like, because no steering wheel becamed an habit.
Not sure if it was mentioned, but the speedometer stays at zero when gear is in reverse and going backwards, gear in reverse and car sliding forward speedometer reads normally.
Well, I posted that in the last thread (that is now closed). Maybe it got missed?
Hi Scawen,

1- I just want to ask why it isn't possible in mutiplayer-replays to press "esc" and then coming to the options-menue like in singleplayer-replays?
I ask because sometimes I want to change the custom-cam or other options (i.e. for making movies). But when I press "esc" in multiplayer-replay the replay ends and returns to main-screen. It would be nice to handle that like in singleplayer-replays.

2- In addition: I know that this have been often discussed, but can you add a function in replays to jump lap-wise? I mean like in "Nascar Series 2003" where you can click on a button and then the replay jumps a lap forward (or backward). Maybe it would be possible to jump sector-wise .
I know you mentioned before that there is a problem with the AI (because its dynamic) or something similar. But maybe this could be made for multiplayer-replay only?

3a- For making movies it would also be nice when you are in shift+U mode to have a option that focuses the cam to the selected car. Than it would be much easier to film the car without this mouse-movement-effect. An additional automatic mode that moves the cam around the car continuously would be nice too (like in superbike 2000/2001).

3b- Maby an additonal option would be nice that focuses on the aktual car AND on a second selected car that i.e. is behind/or in front of the aktual car.

(sorry for my **** english :shy

Nice to see that there is something going on with lfs

Note: I don't have the black-screen problem (lfs fullscreen --> multiplayerbrowser windowed --> lfs fullscreen)

[EDIT:] I also would like to see being able to adjust the forces (head tilt, lateral shift, forward shift, vertical shift) and the "look function" for the custom view seperately (maby for each car seperately too).
When adujusting views for movies I have to adjust the forces to zero for a outside cam. And for cockpitview I have to change them back to the normal values.
Espacially in combination with the "esc" issue (see point 1) this is until jet not perfect handelt.
#94 - Jakg
Quote from filipe_asilva :would it be possible to make the FFB look more realistic in future patchs ?
btw, great work

look?
hey filipe, i sugest you be a bit more specific, so the Devs and us know exacly what your feeling unrealistic.. Like place the situations when you think that occurs..

BTW i dont even know if in this thread you should be talking about this, if im not wrong this thread in intended for small fixes on view, and stuff like that, for the next compatible patch right?

PS if you want to discuss about FFB, search on the forum, im sure there is some thread about FFB in LFS

E essa licença? Quando voce vai comprar?
TEST Patch U11
Holy crap Scawen you're making all the rest of us developers look really bad r eleasing patches at this pace!!

Now seriously, super-thanks
#98 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :OK, it took me all day to fix the black screen bug.

but it was worth it! Thanks Mr Super Coder!
thx!
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :I dont know if this is possible mantaining the retrocompatibility with patch U, but it would be very usefull for all the people that like me have disabled the Steering wheel visualization in lfs if on Fv8 and Bf1 the incar Hud would be visualized without the wheel too (something like the AIM in netkarpro)

Atm each time i use fv8 and bf1 i have to reactivate steering wheel and pilot, losing time and playing not as i would like, because no steering wheel becamed an habit.

Scawen, what do u think about that?
Is possible to implement it in future versions?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG