The online racing simulator
CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
I'm pretty sure you can set up a private host without CPW by setting it to /usemaster=no

e: NVM, won't help because LFS doesn't permit connecting via IP/Hostname:Port outside the private ranges.
-
(Mr_Lonely) DELETED by Mr_Lonely
Quote from Flame CZE :Then it would be quite useless from the developers' point of view. I think they should have the ability to say what hosts should be allowed. Otherwise, the cheating would start to spread again

maybe on 24/7 host..

but private host thats hosted from an player should be open for what ever..

or,

optinal in settings..
Freedom of Choice!
Quote from dauwe :don't tell me thinks like that. watch your join date and watch @ mine. if you are using lfs about 7 years and everytime you listen to empty words i think you will say the same. and b.t.w. we all paid for S2 FULL and not for any alpha or beta... if you just want to use an alpha version, it's your choice, not mine.

Ok maybe its all about a choice "

Dont see why more guys who know about game developing or track creation ,
physics etc... dont offer to help the LFS Team .

I might be old and gray before they finish S3 ! but why complain .

Get up off your ASS and do something to help :something
Quote from Mr.Turtle :
Ok maybe its all about a choice "

Dont see why more guys who know about game developing or track creation ,
physics etc... dont offer to help the LFS Team .

I might be old and gray before they finish S3 ! but why complain .

Get up off your ASS and do something to help :something

amen Tim!
help with what ??

lfs crew wont take outside help with ther content..

even if its free.. lol..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :help with what ??

lfs crew wont take outside help with ther content..

even if its free.. lol..

insims, trackers, texture updates
Scawen, if you are watching this, I want to tell you something:

this cheat system is beaten again. I already saw XRGs with 7 working gears online and some doing 260 down Blackwood main straight on reverse gear and red clutch temperature.

Thank you.
Can you post a replay of it?
It'll only detect modified .exe files afaik. Memory hacks will probably always get through, until the server software detects such things.
ok...it will be me who will say this
it seems like after new patch was released there was again found a way to cheat in hotlaps by a certain individuum (or maybe those things doesnt relate to each other and it is just coincidence). However I might be wrong...it is just to me 5 seconds improvement on S02 doesnt seem to be gained legally and I cant watch the replay because of sync failure which is another sign of something being wrong
You can't upload hotlaps that you've made on Z3x. And sometimes if you watch a Z28 replay on a Z3x version it'll give a OOS error.
yep, but that lap (SO2 MRT) dont need to be watched to know if its cheated or not
It gives a OOS Error, which means, clear hacker.
Quote from Eclipsed :Oh,you mean this one: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... ar=MRT&config=sprint1 ? Well,even LFSWorld's hotlap analyzer refuses to show his lap,obviosly something wrong with it. Some one should be banned from uploading hotlaps if that is possible...

well speaking of hotlap analyzer it doesnt show any of new hotlaps...seems like lfsw just takes everything you give it without performing the necessary actions like checking if it isnt a cheat or generating a RAF file
Victor confirmed to me that the hotlap checker had broken down. Should be fixed soon.
Quote from bavorak :well speaking of hotlap analyzer it doesnt show any of new hotlaps...seems like lfsw just takes everything you give it without performing the necessary actions like checking if it isnt a cheat or generating a RAF file

A simple test would be to see if the delta is more than 5 seconds below the average time set. There might be a legitimate hotlap set, but at least a potentially bogus one would be flagged and investigated.

BTW, I don't see that hotlap on LFSW, so I guess it's been removed.

[Edit] message to self. refresh page before reply - thanks Scawen/Vic [/Edit]
Scawen, i think what (SUOMI) use "direction axis hack"

BTW some times I watched "Altitude hack"
Attached files
CPW.mpr - 1.1 MB - 411 views
Woohoo! One month bump.

On topic now, today when i joined Drift Heaven server, i was talking with a friend for about 30 secs. After that i got cpw without doing anything else... Also one friend of mine got banned too another day. Both using z34.

Here is the replay. My username is "DarkKostas"(as you can see at the post too) and my friend's username that got banned another day is "Driftovios"(Kenki Driftov)

BTW server is z28 yet

EDIT: Got another CPW in other server after 30 secs again...
Attached files
z34 cpw.mpr - 42.8 KB - 287 views
Quote from DarkKostas :Woohoo! One month bump.

On topic now, today when i joined Drift Heaven server, i was talking with a friend for about 30 secs. After that i got cpw without doing anything else... Also one friend of mine got banned too another day. Both using z34.

Here is the replay. My username is "DarkKostas"(as you can see at the post too) and my friend's username that got banned another day is "Driftovios"(Kenki Driftov)

BTW server is z28 yet

I got mine fixed by installing z34 patch again
I got cpw ban today from 2 servers before i fixed it.
Quote from DarkKostas :On topic now, today when i joined Drift Heaven server, i was talking with a friend for about 30 secs. After that i got cpw without doing anything else... Also one friend of mine got banned too another day. Both using z34.

OK. Well... that is good if you were using a modified exe, and bad if you were not.

If you want to use a modified exe then the host will need to enable the new /modified option to avoid cheat protection.
I wasn't using a modified .exe and i have z34 since the first day it was released. But today this strange thing happend to these 2 servers. I re-installed LFS and i hope it's now fixed(will try later to test it out)

CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG