The online racing simulator
Ai custom layout bug
(6 posts, started )
Ai custom layout bug
i downloaded a layout for fern bay rallycross green and i wanted to race with an Ai but it thinks that there is no layout there and drives into the barriors

[attach]114209[/attach]
Well, it's hard to learn AI any track you wish (layout). They know their racing line on the official tracks, nothing more. I don't think it can be "fixed". Only thing I can imagine is a racing line editor, maybe.
the AI probably shouldn't be allowed to drive on the open configs... they aren't on autocross for the same reason (no paths).

edit: what thread am i replying to? i could swear it said it was an open config... bah, i'm going back to bed.
Quote from bunder9999 :the AI probably shouldn't be allowed to drive on the open configs... they aren't on autocross for the same reason (no paths).

They are not allowed to drive on open configs.
Quote from eddy678 :i downloaded a layout for fern bay rallycross green and i wanted to race with an Ai but it thinks that there is no layout there and drives into the barriors

Turn on ideal line (top row number 4) to see where the AI are trying to go
Quote from bunder9999 :the AI probably shouldn't be allowed to drive on the open configs... they aren't on autocross for the same reason (no paths).

Quote from Flame CZE :They are not allowed to drive on open configs.

This isn't an open config, it's Fern Bay Green with AutoX objects placed. You are right in that AI cannot drive open configs, but this is legitimate as far as the race start logic is concerned.

I think this is a bug. The race should not be able to be started with AI, and when any AutoX objects are placed, not just a start position.
Quote from Squelch :I think this is a bug. The race should not be able to be started with AI, and when any AutoX objects are placed, not just a start position.

It's hard to decide.
Sometimes the layout only has some objects so you can't cut a corner, in that case the AI will drive flawless. It's only when you make chicanes that they are not able to drive propelly.

Ai custom layout bug
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG