The online racing simulator
/\ that and InSim changes for making public the packets that manage the AX objects, as LFS already have them, but hidden for internal use only.
Quote from DarkKostas :Scawen, as you said this will be multiplayer incompatible and you have some other things in priority. Does this means that the next patch won't include this? (I am happy anyway that this is being worked on, just saying)

I'm talking about an incompatible test patch in this run of test patches. I expect the next test patch will include this. But maybe not, if I do some other compatible fixes first (e.g. enabling physics on some track surfaces where you can fall underground in open configs) to be tested along with the tyre contact detection fix. It's possible those could be tested in one more compatible test patch before the incompatible one.

Quote from avetere :I reckon this means mpr-format will be altered?
If so, would it be possible, you let me/us know, in what way (e.g. which packets are affected)?

No, it's just that the new object numbers would make old guests have all the wrong objects and missing objects, so they would go OOS. Same with the enabling of qualifying. So I just have to add something that forces incompatibility - does not allow Z33 and previous versions to connect.

Quote from Whiskey :/\ that and InSim changes for making public the packets that manage the AX objects, as LFS already have them, but hidden for internal use only.

LFS has them but InSim does not - InSim has all its own packets, and does not yet contain anything for this. The new ones will share the object structures from the existing LFS packets and the layout file format. Of course I will add documentation when I add the packets to InSim.
Quote from Scawen :I have never heard of them. Can you tell me where to look, so I can see what the extra objects are?

http://www.lfsdrift.net/layout ... (update!-newest-ver-1-2)/

Buildings, Tree's, Grass, Croud Stands, ADVAN bridge on blackwood...

Loads of new objects also including the ambulance & other things... The only bugs where that the objects list went off the bottom of the screen and the red/white barriers fell off the track and into the underworld when they where hit and it was only available on blackwood (new .wld file).

Was fantastic for making layouts!

The barrier battle bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeQsTr6HYyk

quick layout i made with the objects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... -Qi6E&feature=related

Was released over a year ago :P
Well, I was not too far from the reality
Thats great!
will the new layouts mean they will need to be remade or is the conversion going to be guaranteed?

thanks
I have 0 unlocks left and I would like to drive with z28 to upload hotlaps..
What should I do?

(Sorry if asked already, in a hurry atm..)
Quote from Hahmo :I have 0 unlocks left and I would like to drive with z28 to upload hotlaps..
What should I do?

(Sorry if asked already, in a hurry atm..)

Use the contact form on LFS.net to ask for more.
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :http://www.lfsdrift.net/layout ... (update!-newest-ver-1-2)/

Buildings, Tree's, Grass, Croud Stands, ADVAN bridge on blackwood...

Loads of new objects also including the ambulance & other things... The only bugs where that the objects list went off the bottom of the screen and the red/white barriers fell off the track and into the underworld when they where hit and it was only available on blackwood (new .wld file).

Was fantastic for making layouts!

The barrier battle bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeQsTr6HYyk

quick layout i made with the objects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... -Qi6E&feature=related

Was released over a year ago :P

I am looking forward to this too
Quote from BOSCHO :I am looking forward to this too

I don't think those objects will be included into the official version. I understand it like this - all current objects will be available on all tracks (for now).
sorry for offtopic.
Lessons from Scawena.
Lesson 1: How to remove tire?
See the screenshots. And see how distorted the rays in such a situation.

And so on, if Scawen fix this system tire contact with the objects would be even better and the car will not fly into the air. I reported this several times mentioned)
Attached images
LFS 2011-05-10 20-04-28-40.jpg
LFS 2011-05-10 20-04-39-03.jpg
LFS 2011-05-10 20-08-05-29.jpg
OH-MY-GOD, look at the last photo the forces.... thankfully it will be fixed in the next test patch
I have a simple suggestion for drift community...individual wheel coloring!

Quote from SeiShin :I have a simple suggestion for drift community...individual wheel coloring!

not only for drifting,

for racers also.. skin wise..

front to rear

side to side..

+1
Quote from Tur8o :will the new layouts mean they will need to be remade or is the conversion going to be guaranteed?

Most objects are exactly the same. Some are optimised for graphics and physics CPU time but you won't notice the difference. Some are a slightly different size, for example some cones varied in scale at the Autocross track but now they will have the same size as they are on the other tracks. Some objects are different - I've made new tyres objects (single and stacks of 2, 3, 4) because the tyre objects were different at all tracks and were a special type of object that cannot be used in the common autocross objects file. I'm planning to add a colour selection, so any of the existing tyre colours can be selected, so your tyres can match the colour scheme at whichever track you are creating a layout for. Some objects will be new to the autocross object system - I plan to include the speed humps from Kyoto and the corner markers from Aston.

I am taking a risk here saying what I plan to do, so whoever reads this - these are not promises, but plans - and plans change.

But to answer your question : conversion should be very accurate, though some tyre stacks will only have a 40 cm radius instead of a 43 cm radius, that kind of thing, and slightly different heights. I'll generate (and manually edit) conversion tables for all the tracks so that pre-Z33 layouts will look up in the table which object number should be used, and which tyre object and colour should be selected, while they are loading.

Quote from Flame CZE :I don't think those objects will be included into the official version. I understand it like this - all current objects will be available on all tracks (for now).

Yes, I won't be including lamp posts and buildings. I see those guys had fun at the car park with their mod, but that's not really what the autocross system is for.

Now, no more questions please, unless you have some real reason to ask me a question. For example now I've just taken 10 minutes out answering questions, when I had actually sat down to continue working on the objects. When the patch is released, you can find out what's in it.
Quote from Scawen :I plan to include the speed humps from Kyoto and the corner markers from Aston.

great update news scawen,

though this might sound like being greedy especially after youv already highered the object limit to 800, would it be possible to make it a tad higher at all?

as 800 is still really easy to use up, infact iv made a few layouts already using up the maximum of 800 lol.

But appart from, great work look forward to the next test patch.
Why not just add a scale option to the InSim packet for the AutoX Objects? This would allow you to keep the scale differences between tracks and give the InSim devs like myself the same power you have.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :great update news scawen,

though this might sound like being greedy especially after youv already highered the object limit to 800, would it be possible to make it a tad higher at all?

as 800 is still really easy to use up, infact iv made a few layouts already using up the maximum of 800 lol.

But appart from, great work look forward to the next test patch.

more objects => low fps

2 byte == 65536 objs:uglyhamme
the more objects you have, the more you're trying to build in. the less objects you have, the more you're trying to use them with conscious and not just waste them. 800 is enough, no need to have constantly low fps because of 472636 unnecessary objects
i read back and scawen i think you said this bug was fixed.

if its not i apologize. its the bug where if you join server and race has started on lap 1 it says incorrect leader.. coincidentally the person i specced myself was first, but was infact 5/6th. to reproduce i think you would have to join server inbetween the start and the 1st split spec somebody in the back and wait until first split.
sorry for a double post but..

was just driving on amg gtr server on as3.

on second lap coming up to turn 2 there is the as7 pit lanes and the as7 start/finish line going over the start finish line there has always been a little bump but never have i jumped into the air from it.. never happened in z28 or even z30 whilst i used for a while.. here is mpr.
Attached files
Bug.rar - 243.1 KB - 373 views
Quote from Tur8o :i read back and scawen i think you said this bug was fixed.

if its not i apologize. its the bug where if you join server and race has started on lap 1 it says incorrect leader.. coincidentally the person i specced myself was first, but was infact 5/6th. to reproduce i think you would have to join server inbetween the start and the 1st split spec somebody in the back and wait until first split.

it is necessary to write code to analyze the track, ie reckoning way route from the starting line by line splits to the finish line. And then it will be deducted from the fuel.
My offer consists in that that it would be possible to choose color for cones as you wanted to make with tire covers. Thereby it is possible to increase a version of cones. For open configurations a track it will be possible to create small columns with the tablet on which to be displayed a turn direction, i.e. an arrow to the left, an arrow to the right and a wavy arrow - Chicane.
I :lfs:

Thanks for the updates!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG