The online racing simulator
Car resetting fixxed
(53 posts, started )
i totally agree with agarash and the different modes - arcade and total sim mode sound like a very good idea
1) Delayed reset. This is an option to have the martials pull you out of the gravel trap, with a delay and ONLY when the track is clear. If you have ever played GPL, there is a reset, but it waits until there are no cars near you before it works.
This method would not fix damage. You have to be able to drive to the pits to get fixed.

2) Quick reset option. This option allows you to reset when the track is clear. Damage is not fixed. You must drive to the pits to get fixed.

3) Arcade reset. This option resets you and fixes your car. The reset will still only work if the track is clear. (default for offline driving)

4) No reset option. No resets are allowed at all. If you can get your car out of the sand and drive it, you can continue.

Option 2 would be good for online racing in most cases, but option 3 would be OK too in some situations.
Option 1 would be the best for league racing in my opinion, but option 4 would be viable too.
Quote from Gunn :@Scawen: making these seperate options might be a good way to go. Apart from offering more variety, having these as seperate options might help racers to migrate from arcade to a more serious mode of online play.

I agree that keeping things separate is the better solution whenever possible. You never know when or why someone will want to enable one option but disable the other.

Scawen - Can you tell us if shift+S is included in the "no reset" option?

PS> It's nice to see you visit this subforum once in a while.
-
(zoolhawk) DELETED by Bob Smith : ancient bump for no reason? no thanks
-
(h3adbang3r) DELETED by Bob Smith : ancient bump for no reason? no thanks

Car resetting fixxed
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG