The online racing simulator
I mean, did the fastest one win the Scirocco ?
Yes. I think it's Jay.
# Last Activity: 21st July 2010 19:01

At least he is having fun with Scirocco, he doesn't need one in LFS
Quote from Stimpy88 :I think the childish back and fourth between you two should really stop now!

Now, my turn...

I wanted to say that I think that the devs have lost respect for their paying customers, and all these people going on about them owing us nothing is utter crap, and is only being said to bait Trolls.

Back in the beginning when LFS first started, the devs did care about us, and it showed. They knew it was a tough proposition to ask us to pay for S1, but LFS was so unique, and so good that many of us said we would be willing to pay, and so we did. Updates came thick and fast, and LFS got better for it. The community grew, and then S2 came by, and we payed again, because we could see the devs vision, as they still shared it back then!

Now we have been a few years since anything meaningful has been done to LFS, and it's starting to suffer for it. It looks dated, and sounds not so great anymore, LFS is in desperate need of some new cars, some new places to race, and maybe some physics updates too, but it's still not beyond repair.

As it stands at the moment, if the devs don't return to the idea of respecting paying customers, and returning LFS and it's community to the way it was, then I think I will not be paying for more updates, which is a real shame.

Here's to better times...

First post after 7 years.. This must be a new record. And I'm afraid of that you will be labeled as "whiner" after those very years.
Quote from ADX.14 :First post after 7 years.. This must be a new record. And I'm afraid of that you will be labeled as "whiner" after those very years.

Yeps, not really in to the forum, but felt like saying something after getting the email from LFS.

Oh, and I don't give a crap about the people here (this thread), just the devs, and that is who my post was intended for.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I don't need to meet you to know you are one, i've seen you, listened to you (well i say listened but it was more like a few quick scans, you bore me) and i made my mind.

If you send me a reply like the one you did then I'm not exactly going to be nice am I? The problem is yours not mine.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Listen guys, Scawen asked for you to try keep some level of respect...

And people asked for some new content...
Quote from hackerx :And people asked for some new content...

Problem is that this is Scawen's forum. But LFS is not the people's game/sim.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah, it sure looks like that!

Of course not silly, another six months of silence here and a lot lot lot lot of requests for updates.

Its called; circles.

This whole Sirocco thing... Sirocco acting like a Sirocco, killed all development. And it will continue to do that until sacrifices are being made.

Like, ditching the Sirocco for example

We aren't waiting for the Scirocco, silly. It's the physics update that takes so long to do well.
People still unhappy
Quote from Stimpy88 :I think the childish back and fourth between you two should really stop now!

Now, my turn...

I wanted to say that I think that the devs have lost respect for their paying customers, and all these people going on about them owing us nothing is utter crap, and is only being said to bait Trolls.

Back in the beginning when LFS first started, the devs did care about us, and it showed. They knew it was a tough proposition to ask us to pay for S1, but LFS was so unique, and so good that many of us said we would be willing to pay, and so we did. Updates came thick and fast, and LFS got better for it. The community grew, and then S2 came by, and we payed again, because we could see the devs vision, as they still shared it back then!

Now we have been a few years since anything meaningful has been done to LFS, and it's starting to suffer for it. It looks dated, and sounds not so great anymore, LFS is in desperate need of some new cars, some new places to race, and maybe some physics updates too, but it's still not beyond repair.

As it stands at the moment, if the devs don't return to the idea of respecting paying customers, and returning LFS and it's community to the way it was, then I think I will not be paying for more updates, which is a real shame.

Here's to better times...

Victim of its own success, perhaps. Time will tell.

The way the devs were "back in the day" was charming and refreshing, for me at least. I didn't know racing games could be games that changed and improved, sometimes based on things I'd said!

That was part of the initial appeal for me. I think it has definitely lost some of the strength that came from that bonding of software, community and developers into one. And whilst, yes, the community is still here, and people are still playing- the close-knitting with the software through the developers which was (or at least seemed to be) there "way back when" has diminished. To me it's a shame and it only leads me to believe that a lot of the time it was/is because they just don't have anything to say any more, or had something to say, but knew we didn't want to hear it. I mean, they could have had S3 wrapped up and LFS2.0 on the way with a new tyre model and money in the bank, if they'd wanted. It was only content, after all, and we'd all seen for ourselves how "quickly" they could produce that "back in the day".

All of which does not alter LFS S2 at all, mind, it's still great in its own right.
Quote from Kristi :Wasn't always like that

You know how I meant it and yes, THAT was always like that.
Instead of battling on the forum about this and that, why don't you just see who is the fastest racer/cleanest racer/nicest racer?

That's what it's all about. Arrange a session where you can all have a go at each other! Im sure you will even start to like eachother and keep contact for a long time into the future.
Very good to see some news about progress
Thank you so much Scawen to tell us whats going on. I understand it`s not easy work at all, when you want make so realistic psychis then it take`s time and sometimes much time.
I BELIVE WHEN IT`S READY - Then its so good and unbeliveble realistic.

It`s worth to wait i am very sure !!!

Thanks for the update Scawen, there is some interesting stuff to think about in it.
Anyway it would be nice to know if you have all thedata you need from your virtual tyre and how is progressing the implementation of these value.
Nevertheless, you are fighting a huge physic problem here with not that much of real value to compare with. I guess it is worth a couple of PhD in mechanics/dynamics...
i was just watching on youtube rfactor and rfactor 2 videos. Hmm..the car handling and moving is not like it is in LFS. Little bit fail handling not realistic at all. Few months ago i was trying to play rfactor but maximum 2 days and i reinstall this game. LFS is 1000x better.Lfs is not just better then rfactor - LFS is nr 1 Car Simulator game ever made ! I hope maybe sometimes lfs had rain and when car crash the damage was more realistic i mean high speed crash and body destroy.But psychiks is all the bes in the world in LFS. And these 3 man`s (Scawen Roberts - Eric Bailey - Victor van Vlaardingen are Genius. Dream come true
When the update does come everyone will complain it isnt good enough because they are too used to the current physics (which have many flaws) so I think it is good LFS is continuing physics development rather than content.
Well Scawen can carry on with phisics developpment as long as he wants but i still dont understand why we dont see more content coming from Eric regularly
Just more of the same old same old. Long story short: "we're working on it" progress report. We get it on the forums, but now they're just wrapping a shiny bow on it. Yes it's nice to (FINALLY) hear that there is progress being made, but one immediately notices no mention of a date! Sorry for the rant, I'm still hoping for something soon.

I've moved on to Gran Turismo 5 and have enjoyed it so far, but it's not Live for Speed. There's just something special about the community. I like this community more than GT5. I like the way the game works and all the features of it.

If Live for Speed were to have the car content of even 700 cars real or not, but I'd prefer real. Add on a dozen more tracks to get started and release more as they become completed along with cars. All that and the updated physics? I'd be in heaven.
Quote from _celldweller :
If Live for Speed were to have the car content of even 700 cars real or not, but I'd prefer real. Add on a dozen more tracks to get started and release more as they become completed along with cars. All that and the updated physics? I'd be in heaven.

What can I say, starting tonight you will dine in hell
Thank you for progress report! 2011 should be good for LFS
Any Screenshots of the new tyres in action
Quote from _celldweller :Yes it's nice to (FINALLY) hear that there is progress being made, but one immediately notices no mention of a date! Sorry for the rant, I'm still hoping for something soon.

Well actually we don't know if there's progress being made. Scawen said while there were progress, other parts didn't work right. And there's no date, but the hope of getting some new content is unfortunately still somewhere in the distant future as Scawen said - 'this thread is going to be here for a long time'...

I might pay the small fee for S3 or I might not, it sort of hangs how the iRacing tyre model will improve in the near future. And in the meanwhile there's also the excellent Piboso Kart Racing Pro beta which has me hooked.
Thanks for keeping us updated, Scawen. Looking forward to the final release.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG