The online racing simulator
Five a side football in autocross?
I have a quick question about the autocross editor.

We were tossing up the idea of replicating Top Gear by making a five-a-side football games with say GTI's. It's pretty easy to set it up in autocross, but would there be a way of not making stuff disappear when it is moved? Currently we are using tyres as the ball, but as soon as you hit them, they disappear.

Is there a way of doing this at all, or should we just give up and do something productive with our lives?
(not sure if this is in the right forum area)
use the UF1 as a ball!
UF1 usually works well..But i think a bit more powerful cars would be have to used, becouse then it is not so slow with GTi-s.
been suggested so many times its kinda suprising that we dont have a ball :hide:
Using the MRT as the ball and getting a bunch of players in FXR's is the best combination i believe.
Me and a friend tried it and it worked suprisingly well.
havn't had an actual game yet. i want to though.
Heh I also want to, must be fun.
gstack - excellent idea!!! And every single instance of car-soccer in Top Gear was extremely funny.

I might take a shot at a layout, but I'm not very good at that (yet), so if someone else decides to try, go ahead.

BTW, the MRT might also serve as a good ball. Poor little MRT!!
I can remember, "back in the day", the MRT was used as a ball very successfully (as people keep mentioning it, I thought I'd better confirm it). I also believe we managed to get a game, of sorts, pre-S1 with the GTi as the ball.

I think we'd all be in agreement, that a place-able ball would be a nice little distraction from racing, and an interesting task to help perfect flexible physics As for implementing the rules, just create 2 commands to move and place, and one to reset (according to a predefined position in a lyt), and get an InSim app to do the rest.
Forget soccer, a girls game. Car Ice Hockey Now that'd be awesomeness.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Forget soccer, a girls game.

Are you sure?

EDIT by Scawen : removed the picture on receiving a post report by someone who doesn't want to see that kind of picture. If you want to post something like that, please post a link with a warning. IMG tags are not recommended. You are welcome to edit your post and delete my text.
I'd like to see a ball as well.

It would need to operate as its own instance. Because the physics objects on different computers are not guaranteed to move in exactly the same way (and that's one reason why they are deleted).

The easiest way to implement it would be as a "car". Of course with no wheels and with the physics of a ball. The point is, it must be a physical object responsible for its own existence and movement. It would also be best run on the host, so I am starting to think this option, if implemented, should be limited to non-dedicated hosts.

It's not very easy because several changes must be made. It's really not just the creation of a ball object and ball physics - that is just the easy and obvious part. But could possibly be done in a few days of work. Does anyone know the mass and size of the Top Gear ball? Just as reference in case I feel like implementing it one day...
#12 - joen
I have to admit this could be a nice distraction and a lot of fun
#13 - Don
According to Aygo specs, it's height is 1465mm and judging by the pictures @ DoN's url I'd say the ball has a diameter of 1300-1350mm

Anyways, +1 for the idea!
i would love to see that!!
i'd say its about the size of Hamster on top gear
#18 - XsX!
what would be so nice
#19 - nilo
Ball!
Great to see this might actually happen. Should be fun.
#21 - Don
If this happen once (might be possible as Scawen looked into it :tilt, I'm IN
This has been suggested many times so i'm ecstatic to see that it might actually happen!
and we need proper handbrake for Norris's 180
Crazy Brits. illepall

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG