The online racing simulator
Progress Report December 2010
News from www.lfs.net :

Dear LFS Racers,

We hope you have had a good year.

The stable Z28 has been the latest version for a long time now, while we have been working on things for the long term future of LFS. As many of you know, the tyre physics system is being updated so all the cars will behave that bit closer to reality. It has proved to be a challenging and unpredictable project, involving a lot of studying, mathematics, testing and rewriting.

Sometimes, we had a version that felt good to drive and it seemed that soon we would be able to release it to the community. But then we found situations where the simulation produced incorrect results, leading to further investigations into the way tyres perform in various circumstances and why they do so. One thing tends to lead to another and for a while it seems that the more you learn about tyres, the more you realise that there is so much more to find out!

Scawen has written a little more about tyre design and simulation in case you would like to get a bit more technical.

The VW Scirocco and Rockingham have seemed quite close to release for some time now, but we decided to wait for the updated tyres because these things from the real world will be best experienced with the most realistic physics system. Eric has been working on some more S3 content but he would like to get nearer to finishing before we show any new pictures.

Victor has recently produced a special program "LFS Record" which can help you to produce smooth movies from Live for Speed, using advanced camera control. It is still in a beta stage at the moment. The program has a lot of features - too much to describe here, so if you do make movies or would like to have a go, take a look at the LFS Record thread on our forum.

- LFS Developers
First, thanks Scawen, looking good.
Second, awesome!
if it's close - possibly another 2 years maybe, then ?
i think thats a good idea to release all updates at the same time
Really good to read the report Scawen! Merry Xmas!
http://www.lfs.net/?page=report_dec2010 Wow Nice report again.

It seems like it's very hard to understand all the specifications and variables of the tyre itself. Really impressive.
-
(Tomba(FIN)) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Merry Christmas to all!
#9 - sjava
Nice report,finally some good info
#10 - CSF
Oh here goes the ass licking... when will the rage begin?
Thanks for info, interesting reading about tyres there. Have nice Christmas and hope to hear from ya soon again.
Good with a report So about New Year? xD

Was an interesting read
Thanks Scawen and Co.

Edit - Wow.... Some of you guys are real arseholes... You moan for a report, he writes one (And very interesting tyre read), and yet you still moan...
Quote from DevilDare :Thanks Scawen and Co.

Edit - Wow.... Some of you guys are real arseholes... You moan for a report, he writes one (And very interesting tyre read), and yet you still moan...

we =/= report moaners
we= s3, no= trolollololool
Quote from Scawen :
Scawen has written a little more about tyre design and simulation in case you would like to get a bit more technical.

Writing in 3rd person?

Thank you for the progress report and I hope we'll see a new (stable) patch soon. Have a Merry Christmas!
Good to hear

Merry Christmas to LFS team, and you guys & girls on this forum of course!
-
(ATHome) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Tomba(FIN)) DELETED by Scawen : spam
No spam please, Tomba or others. This thread is going to be here a long time.

We've spent some time preparing reports, it would be great if we don't have to spend the rest of Christmas Eve removing spam and giving infractions to angry people.

Thanks.
#18 - Zay
Nice report, happy to hear that!
good to know that LFS is still alive...
I think this is what most of us wants from the devs. If the devs feel like the patch is not really to be released, I think most of us will be fine with it. What we asks is just the occasional updates on the development to know something is being done and we are not just waiting for nothing. We understand how difficult it is to develop a game like this, and we really appreciate the effort put into LFS. Thanks Scawen, Eric and Victor.

ps. It is currently 12:37am here in Australia, so Merry Christmas everyone.
Thanks Scawen, nice report.

Good luck on future progress, and to Eric, good luck on making us sweet love.

Merry X-mas all!
lol
yeah. Happy xmas everyone.

This at least was a big improvement. Most of us are quite happy with this, if this keeps coming at a regular basis. Keep up the work, guys.

EDIT: Post 1400. Im 1337.
Scawen, you can hopefully understand that it is quite easy to be fed up with this little after over two years after the scirocco had been announced. I am following this game actively for over 6 years so i think i can legitimately say that it is still a great game, but it could be so much further without question.
Thanks Scawen for the news, and have a Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG