The online racing simulator
Browse For Speed
(68 posts, started )
Quote from CrazyICE :hmmm...
seems to me that i've got many dejavue the last time...
hmmm...

strange, me seems that I already know those features from another app...

well, i told you this would come, didn't I?

@topic:

looks great, i will definately test it at the weekend!
#52 - wabz
Version 0.4 released! Download still under 100kB!
Version 0.4 is out! The most noticeable change in this version is the ability to query Demo/S1 servers and much improved filtering. Changelog from 0.3:
  • Added ability to list and query Demo/S1 servers. These servers can also be added to favourites.
  • Added and improved filtering options. Public/Private/Empty/Full/Cars filtering works both server and client side, and ping/track filtering is done client side.
  • Fixed friends being deleted if the query fails initially (if lfsworld is down for example)
  • Fixed configuration updating.
Upgrade instructions: (from any version) Simply unzip into your existing folder, overwriting any files.

Enjoy!
EXCELLENT VERSION GUYS!!
By far v0.4 is the best and most stable version yet. Hours of testing this has really paid off, and the program works near flawlessly.
If you've ever wanted to know where a friend is playing or if he's not and instantly join him then this is the program for you.

Also the ability to scan and join Demo servers and S1 servers, what an added bonus.
Again, this is an excellent program and i reccommend everyone try it at least once!
Very happy with 0.4 here Great!!
Z06Vette
#55 - wabz
Yes. There are three states for each car checkbox - unchecked, dimmed, and checked. Unchecked means the server must not allow the car, dimmed means you don't care, checked means the server must allow the car.

If you do the car choices before you hit refresh, it requests these car choices from the master server, so you will usually get much fewer total servers to query. You can also filter the cars after a complete list has been obtained - this is done client side.
One small improvement is needed: ability to save password for a server without joining it.
#57 - wabz
Request for Translations!
Browse For Speed 0.5 will have multiple language support. This is great, we think, but Australians are well known for only being able to speak one language (and poorly), so we need the community's help.

We would like to distribute 0.5 with whatever translations we can get before we decide to release it (though it will be possible to add translations afterwards simply by putting a file in the lang folder). If you would like to be the author (and maintainer) of a translation, please contact me (email, msn, prvmsg, whatever), I will add your name to the list in this post with which language you are translating to (so that work isn't duplicated) and send you a copy of Browse For Speed beta 0.5.

Translating involves copying/editing an xml file. There are about 150 (mostly small) strings to translate. You will be credited for your work (your name/details will show up in the configuration section when your language is chosen if you wish).

0.5 will have the following added features:
  • Basic (but powerful) admin interface. Lets you send/receive messages to a server via insim.
  • Ability to start arbitrary number of programs before LFS
  • Bunch of minor things (keyboard shortcuts, copy server hostname etc)
nice tool. works fine here.
Quality app

Any chance of auto-refreshing your favourites on startup ?
am i the only to have this problem?
after joining a server, when i alt-tab to windows, i cant get BfS to show on screen again, nor can i close the app (right-click -> close), i have to use task manager to kill it.

(i use win xp with sp2)

other than that - great program
#61 - wabz
Why do you want to do this? The program halts while you play LFS. This isn't a great design, but it helps avoid other issues. It will become responsive again when you close LFS. I really don't understand why you'd do this though - you can't make the existing LFS.exe join another server, or something. If you do have a good reason, we'll change this behaviour though....

p.s. Since the thread has gone to page 3 and our request for translations is likely to be unseen, please see http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9146 if you want to help out with translations.
one example would be to check whats happening on different servers without leaving the one i'm currently on (i.e. if it's full). i admit, it's not something that is badly needed.

ps count me in for the translation
Haha, Well done Lads!! Nice program.

Haven't seen you guys around for a while :P
#64 - wabz
Version 0.5 - My video card died, only coding can I do...
Version 0.5 is out! The stability of 0.4, with some great added features:
  • Added translation system. 0.5 is already distributed in English, Estonian, German, Hungarian, Polish and Spanish. It allows anyone to plonk an appropriate xml file in the lang directory and be able to have a translated Browse For Speed. Several languages are included with this release. If you would like to be a translation maintainer, see this thread
  • Added admin interface. This is currently a basic system allowing you to send and receive messages to/from your server, as if you were in-game. Supports direct connections and connecting via the insim relay system.
  • Added ability to start arbitrary number of programs before LFS.
  • Ability to add to favourites by IP address
  • Many miscellaneous improvements (keyboard shortcuts, Non-responsive favourite servers will display as such, improved cfg section and some things requested in this thread - doesn't become unresponsive when LFS opens etc)
Just after 0.3 was released we received a huge code refactoring changeset from Hollywood, an attempt by him to change the spelling of Favourite to Favorite. FOILED! We are still in the process of merging in his many good changes, and he can create an American translation if he wishes Thanks.
Congrats guys, this program is just getting better and better!
Love the new feature to allow all external exe lfs mods to be loaded up before joining a server (eg. momoLEDS mod and smoke mod)

The new admin function i'm sure will be extremely helpful to be many people who run dedicated servers.
And of course the AWESOME multi-language feature which really broadens the horizon of the program.

I'm excited to just think about how this program could become better than it already is.

LONG LIVE BFS!!!!
#66 - wabz
Polish currently on top of the 'whack looking language' chart
Since 0.5 we have received two more translations - Czech and Turkish, and Italian is on the way. They are available at our translation page and will be included in the next release. That's 8 languages in about as many days - Thanks!
hello and thx for this software.
but why when i refresh to get a complete list of servers, i have only 8 servers max?? no filter activated

Quote from Benjoli :hello and thx for this software.
but why when i refresh to get a complete list of servers, i have only 8 servers max?? no filter activated

BFS hasn't been updated for patch Z, unfortunately.

Browse For Speed
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG