The online racing simulator
LFS is boring [Not]
(106 posts, started )
What are you complaining about? I've been playing the DEMO for three years! (Though I'm currently in the process of finally getting an S2 license, it takes a while when using Moneybookers)
Quote from degraaff :What are you complaining about? I've been playing the DEMO for three years! (Though I'm currently in the process of finally getting an S2 license, it takes a while when using Moneybookers)

non sequitur
Quote from dadge :rinse and repeat

One more empty server. I don't see how this is any use.
Quote from Breizh : I don't see how this is any use.

you get to play any combo you want. if the combo is a good one, then drivers will join. that's usually how it works.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : i duped, shut up :P
Quote from jagy :..ll buy iracing anyway

good, we're tired of your lying anyways.
Quote from dadge :you get to play any combo you want. if the combo is a good one, then drivers will join. that's usually how it works.

Not realistic. You know the saying. Peace sells, but who's buying?

Now I've done what I think is the fair thing: made my point clearly enough and constructively (problem and solution are found in the thread). I didn't post & run, stayed around to frankly answer most refutals. If no one else can think of any useful suggestions of how to fix this (the utter lack of public server variety - as of last eve/night US/EU time there was still an overwhelming majority of demo servers with the rest being about equal parts drift/cruise/tired ol combos) or add anything else that's insightful or useful in some way, I'm going to rest my case.

There's some large number of possible track/carset combos in LFS, and in public servers you have something like >95% of them demo or cruise/drift or a completely overused combo.
Quote from Breizh :Not realistic. You know the saying. Peace sells, but who's buying?

Now I've done what I think is the fair thing: made my point clearly enough and constructively (problem and solution are found in the thread). I didn't post & run, stayed around to answer most refutals. If no one else can think of any useful suggestions of how to fix this (the utter lack of public server variety - as of last eve/night US/EU time there was still an overwhelming majority of demo servers with the rest being about equal parts drift/cruise/tired ol combos) or add anything else that's insightful or useful in some way, I'm going to rest my case.

i think there has been a few good ideas for you to try. about hosting your own server, i'm serious. that's how most servers start out. combos are made and the popular ones are kept. when ATC ran a server we always had XFR@AS2. it was really popular for a time but as tastes changed, our server became empty more often.

all you can do as a server is provide what you think will be popular. although you can't make anyone join, you can guide them into your server. host a league, invite drivers. you only need a few drivers in a server to entice other drivers to join in. we once called our server "in here" and that got great results.

as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it".
I have to agree LFS is dead and very boring, same thing. I check the main site about every3 months and last big big update was back in 2008 August and it's nearly 2011. I know people who will say well they only 3 guys doing the code and that well how about getting more people in on LFS to help you out. I doubt it's that hard. People paid for the game not for lack of updates. I just enjoy xbox more now. pc games are coming to their death and bare in mind i was a true pc gamer since likes of Duke Nukem, Quake and Doom.
Mavey it's already mentioned, but what about racing leagues?
About two months ago, I logged on and found a server/car combination that was acceptable. But was immediately booted off because I hadn't earned enough "points" or some crap like that. I paid for it, let me race. Anyways, couldn't find anything else as it was the ONLY track going at the time besides a one car race in South City. So I logged back in with a Demo car and was immediately banned for "speeding". What the hell is this crap? Why does no one want to RACE using a RACING SIMULATOR with a name like Live For SPEED?
Quote from bw_krupp :About two months ago, I logged on and found a server/car combination that was acceptable. But was immediately booted off because I hadn't earned enough "points" or some crap like that. I paid for it, let me race. Anyways, couldn't find anything else as it was the ONLY track going at the time besides a one car race in South City. So I logged back in with a Demo car and was immediately banned for "speeding". What the hell is this crap? Why does no one want to RACE using a RACING SIMULATOR with a name like Live For SPEED?

Have u done your serverlist in the best way?

Here I have asked for real racing only with all type of cars.
Attached images
server list.jpg
Quote from Ken Johansen :Have u done your serverlist in the best way?

Here I have asked for real racing only with all type of cars.

And all you get is blackwood, AS3 and that´s pretty much everything...another thing that is quite sad ...demo server is on the top of the list ordered by connected people

imho the best way is to join some leagues...and from time to time have a good race where there are rules in effect and you dont have to worry so much about your safety... it is not everyday racing and it is not different combo every few races but you can have clean races with other participants of the league on a private server where you are training... and doing one combo for a longer time makes you better driver (just my opinion) than changing combo every few minutes and not reaching up to limit of the car on the given track
Quote from bw_krupp :About two months ago, I logged on and found a server/car combination that was acceptable. But was immediately booted off because I hadn't earned enough "points" or some crap like that. I paid for it, let me race. Anyways, couldn't find anything else as it was the ONLY track going at the time besides a one car race in South City. So I logged back in with a Demo car and was immediately banned for "speeding".

Hi, I understand the frustration of not being able to race on a combo that you like. But do consider the following; the people who are paying for hosting that server have decided to use that points-based system. One of the reasons that points-based systems are popular is that people race for points... racing for points isn't my cup of tea either, but at the end of the day I do have fun and have some great racing.

If people are actually racing at their server, good for them. Its not as if there is a lack of servers (just search again without the "empty" filter) just that there aren't much racers online...

As for being banned for speeding - maybe it was a lag related issue? (some InSim applications have security features that kick/ban people for exeeding a certain top speed (that can't be achieved by drafting) - due latency issues this might be misinterpreted as a "hack" and ban automatically.

Quote from bavorak :And all you get is blackwood, AS3 and that´s pretty much everything...another thing that is quite sad ...demo server is on the top of the list ordered by connected people

People keep on complaining on the forum but dont join in the racing. At the moment there are not enough people who are active in public server racing to fill in the all the various combos; I'm just happy to have the cargame.nl servers (S1/S2/demo and GTR) so that I could have a bit of varied and decent racing.

That said, the AirAttack FBM/GTi and the Zion racing demo servers still provide some of the best racing action. Holding a S2 licence dont mean that you can't have some fun in the demo servers...

Other than that (if you're lucky to find them occupied) you can race against some of the best drivers in the Ready2Roll/Rasta4Racing (& Genuine Racing) severs.

A big thank you for the people hosting and admining the said servers. Thanks for the racers who actually race and not moan about how boring LFS is!
what i like to do when i read that someone is bored of lfs is, check that persons stats on lfsworld. it doesn't take long to see that the people who are bored with LFS have only really used 5%-10% of the game. they ask for variety but according to their stats, they have only raced the FXR @ AS3. when they talk about how empty the servers are, I check to see when that person was last on LFS. imo, you'd be amazed with the amount of hypocrites on this site.
#64 - e.M
people are just like monkeys, they heard about new stuff and now they cry about it. I bet if there was no annauncment everyone would still be happy with lfs. although no updates for 2 years may would seem strange
Heh check my lfsw then - after such a long time i'm also bored with no new content but i'm not complaining. If i don't find any server with decent combo ( almost never) than i just go on my own host and work on my worst pb's. It's almost as challanging as racing for me. There is always a solution to Your and my problems.
"i'm not complaining but i'm also bored" erm ok.........
Quote from kamo2000 :If i don't find any server with decent combo ( almost never) than i just go on my own host and work on my worst pb's. It's almost as challanging as racing for me. There is always a solution to Your and my problems.

I like that attitude Plus it was nice to see you racing at the [DRUNK] BL1r/LX4 server!
The physics on iracing suck! Go on youtube and check out their crash physics. It's retarded. The tire model is horrible and you don't even own the content. You just pay huge money to use it. 12 dollars per car and 15 dollars per track plus 100 dollars for a one year membership. Crazy!!
so glad i've got f1 2010 its almost real excellent6 sim
Quote from gizzy890 :so glad i've got f1 2010 its almost real excellent6 sim

Me too Will keep me busy till LFS gets its patch
Quote from Silverracer :I like that attitude Plus it was nice to see you racing at the [DRUNK] BL1r/LX4 server!

Yea one combo that's not driven million times a year - i'm there
I always use mates@track to find servers/combos I like.

Live for Speed boring?? :chairs:

Shame must be bad to be talentless :uglyhamme

edd
Quote from gizzy890 :so glad i've got f1 2010 its almost real excellent6 sim

Image related.. Really? Excellent sim?
Attached images
WTFAMIREADING.JPG
Quote from Haupman :The physics on iracing suck! Go on youtube and check out their crash physics. It's retarded.

ok this really isn't a valid point when you look at lfs' crash physics
Quote from ChiliFan :ok this really isn't a valid point when you look at lfs' crash physics

Not quite - LFS' collision detection sucks in certain situations (lag, when a tyre comes into contact with certain corners of objects or another tyre). Other than that, what happens to the car itself when rolling etc is remarkably realistic, aside for lack of air resistance when spinning round a single axis at high speed.

From what I've seen in iRacing videos, the cars do some weird stuff while rolling etc.

LFS is boring [Not]
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG