The online racing simulator
Problem with X/Y/Z co-ordinates one some tracks
I seem to be having problems with the insim protocol, again.

For some reason, on SOME tracks (KY2 and WE1 included), when someone first joins the race, the XYZ locations go CRAZY, for the first, 10-15 seconds. Whereas, on SO4 and FE4, they do not.

This a bug, or some stupid mishap on the server?
So, a three year bump to say, I wonder if this happens when your the first person in the server. And it does not happen when there is only one person could it be because it's the value of another client's Vector data that passing through into the MCI packet.
I never did find a cure for this. I just ignored the data for 8 seconds and didn't receive any more problems from it.
I wonder if that's still the case.
i've never seen anything like that happen on the remote anyway.
Done a few tests on it today and I couldn't replicate it.

When this happened last, I was still using UDP for the 'connection'. Maybe the host was being strange with the packets, not sure! Either way, I cannot seem to replicate it now!
I'll third that with UDP connections, it no longer happens, at all!
whats that command to find the X/Y/Z for tracks? i forgot it :P
Quote from elmasfumao :whats that command to find the X/Y/Z for tracks? i forgot it :P

What your talking about is LFSLapper, this is not an LFSLapper forum. Ask there.
Not lfslapper i got confuse, I mean what you have to do to find the X/Y for a Reg insim. I forgot how to do most of the things
Quote from elmasfumao :Not lfslapper i got confuse, I mean what you have to do to find the X/Y for a Reg insim. I forgot how to do most of the things

It's in the MCI packet.
Let me guess Download In lfs Site?
Quote from elmasfumao :Let me guess Download In lfs Site?

... No, the document your looking for is already in your $lfs/docs/InSim.txt, just search that file for IS_MCI and you'll see what I'm talking about.
yo Dygear you got msn?

If you do add me so we can talk about this So we wont fload this.

elchulolindo05@hotmail.com
Quote from elmasfumao :yo Dygear you got msn?

Yes, but there is absolutely no way I'm going to give you support over it. For one thing, I'm not an indentured servant, secondly you've completely missed the point of this forum. This section is here for programmers to help programmers, it is a forum to ask one question, and to get one answer. Before you ask a question one should check to see what it has not already been asked. If it has, then add to that question or accept their answer as your own. The internet as a whole was meant to be a write once, read many times sort of place, that has fallen to the way side because people are just lazy!

Your question, the very same question that shows up in this thread is the same, the exact same as many different threads found on this very forum. The sheer lack of courtesy shown and lack of respect for the other user's time on this forum is both shocking and appalling and you should be ashamed of yourself. You should be searching for your question first, and the should you find that no one has asked the question then you make a new thread. If you find that some one has asked it then you should read the thread and see if they have a solution. If they don't then you should add to that thread letting people know you have the same problem. Things like this will allow for subject matters that are problematic to come to the fore front.

This takes time, but have you considered that it can take less time for you to search for something yourself and then get the answer, then it might take for me to log on, see your message and look up your answer? I might of just logged off when you asked your question, 16 hours later after I have gone to sleep woke up went to school and then work and then come back to check the forum only to see your question. 16 hours might of passed, in that time you could of found the answer by your self! I bet you, that if you did look it would take you no longer then 16 minutes to find your answer. That's 60 times faster then waiting for me to find the answer for you. Consider what your time is worth for a second, and then consider what my time is worth. Your only hurting yourself, and your stopping yourself from gaining a valuable skill, that skill would be self reliance. Consider what that might be worth.
Quote from Dygear :RAWR :gnasher:

I think something like this should be stickied, or maybe these boards should be locked for every user until they answer a question about programming or insim

I think that a "BEFORE YOU ASK" sticky, if there isn't already one, is a good idea.
"My first insim" doesn't really get the point across, I think.

umpkin:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG