The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we have the old voting system?

Closed since :
Yes, we should have the old voting system.
No, I like the new voting system more.
That would be still awesome.
I don't mean that you have to lead that, just only some suggestion.
I really could imagine Lynce could make such things.
I'm going to start some questions.
#27 - 5tag
Wow, what a shame it is that the new voting system will be gone again.

And by the way I don't see a video competition working out really.
How come I missed this thread till now

Oh well, TBH the new vote system wasn't that much bad IMO, it was a good opportunity to judge everyone's work and not only the one you like the most. It also made it earlier to track sabotage and reduced the influence of people just voting for friends.
Hi, i just thought i put my 2cents in, although i'm not an editor and attended only once, but i think the "problem" isn't the voting system; merely the interesst.
Someone who's interested, will invest a few minutes in doing a proper judging, otherwise it surely is easier just voting for the best (which would be always lynce xP)
So i'd suggest, since there are pretty much all basic themes already been covered, to do a competition just every month (in the end or beginning). I mean it's getting repetitive and kinda boring, inevitably. By having more time, the quality can rise easier and more voters can make up an opinion about a round.

Hope this makes sense... sounded better in my head xD
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :It also made it earlier to track sabotage and reduced the influence of people just voting for friends.

Yes, I also thought it would be like this, but it wasn't. When I saw the votes each week there were quite many people who are clearly voting only for the friends or are asked to vote for them, so it's the same as with the old voting system, maybe it reduced just by a bit, but not that much.

Jazzon - But then people will get very inpatient and will get bored because they have to wait for so long. Trust me, I have had competitions running a month, it was very irritating to wait for so long. And as far as I know that thingy that the pictures will be more qualitative etc. is not true. The quality didn't increase. Themes are getting repetitive because people are becoming less imaginative, so they can't think of anything good, which is sad. But there are still lots of topics that could be brought up. But since this is just my opinion, everyone is allowed to tell theirs. So if anyone agrees with Jazzon, then please say it. So if at least 6 people agree that we should have the competition 1 month long, then I will make a poll and we will see what the majority will choose. But as long as nobody agrees on this, nothing will be changed.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :How come I missed this thread till now

Oh well, TBH the new vote system wasn't that much bad IMO, it was a good opportunity to judge everyone's work and not only the one you like the most. It also made it earlier to track sabotage and reduced the influence of people just voting for friends.

exactly!
-
(JazzOn) DELETED by JazzOn
Is there a prize?
No, there are no price. If you want to sponsor the prize, go for it and then there will be a prize.
Hello,
I made a new poll to see if the majority agrees with the suggestion made by jensbrix. It is a suggestion to make the poll anonymous which would decrease the unfair voting for your friends or teammates and make the voting more fairer. So here it how it goes:
Quote :You send your entry to me by a PM, when I make the voting thread, I mark the entries as #1, #2, #3 etc. After voting ends, I tell to who those edits belong to.
Note:
You are not allowed to include your name or nickname on your picture, on car's numberplate etc. It is also not advised to use skins from which people could easily guess whose edit it is, but it won't be forbidden, it is only advised not to do that. You are also not allowed to post the name of the picture owner if you know it before the voting ends.

Of course people are still able to tell their friends to vote for them and relieve which edit is theirs, but not everyone does that and mostly people just vote because they see it was done by their friend or teammate etc. So then not everyone could guess so much by who the picture is done.

Here is the poll: http://poll.pollcode.com/P2pr (Sorry, but I can't edit the poll in this topic + I don't want to make another thread, so you just have to click to that website and choose the answer.)
I can't vote, Or don't know how, So just count mine in as "No"
You just press next to the answer and then button vote. Or isn't it working for you?
It's not working for me, I clicked everything, No dice.
Ok, I made a different poll, it should work now, link in one of the posts above.
Making it anonymous aint gona solve the "friend vote", there is no way to solve this, Believe me, i`be done the same system for a anime wallpapers countest some years ago with and without anonymous and didnt fix the "Friend vote"

Also ppl sending you constantly pm to you, gona be a pain in the arse sooner or later

Other problem ( For some ppl ), how are gona be the ths now?, cuz if is anonymous that mean the "WIP" with the pictures aint gona be posted, so "For some ppl" we cant Help with tips and give our support to the WIP picture to improve they work

Hope you understand my english =/
I have done this in our local competition so getting PM's wasn't pain in the ass for me, that's not a problem, but I agree that it won't 100% solve voting for friends. That's why I said, it will only decrease the unfair voting and solve it totally. It is pretty hard to decide what everyone wants, they ask one thing, when you do that, they start whining that they don't want that anymore and they want it different. It's really annoying, but I'm just trying to see and improve this competition for others, not myself. For me it is easier as it stays the same as now, believe me.
I voted no as like you have said it will not eliminate people voting for people they know, whilst it may help in reducing friendly voting it will also involve a lot more hassle for you.

As, correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot use the forum attachment system for uploading pics via a pm. Meaning all the pics will have to be hotlinked from another site. This could also cause problems with links not working in the voting thread, also over time the old pics will be deleted by the hosting site or by the user which will mess up the older threads if someone wants to look back through them and also the hall of fame thread.

Just my 2 cents, Thanks either way AndRo for taking the time to try and sort this out the fairest way for everyone
GAVD999 - I actually agree with you, there will be more a problem than useful if you think that way. For me it's good as it is now, I don't want to change anything, it's simple and fast to do + I don't really have any problems others voting for their friends when you can see that the picture would have still won. But I have to agree I am starting to get annoyed about all the whining each competition.
could have a webspace dedicated to it. where people who enter fill out a form with pic included and all of the originals to.
Leave it as is it now, the ppl who ask for his "Friends" to vote he/she picture It is because they have no confidence for they work

When i vote, i vote for all in general, The scene, the angles, the ilumination, the little details, the effects used in the whole work, the effort they put in the pict etc etc etc

I`m neutral to all the participant and should be the same for all, but sadly, we are so few that we do this ( Honest voting / we can count with the fingers of the hand), that is a shame that someon ask to a friend/s that vote for his pic to win.

Sorry for say it, but my thought was rolling in my head.
OR:

Upload pics here then:

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

then have the poll like that
Well, yeah, but how can I be 100% sure the web space would be there the whole time in future because I'm not going to host any and I can trust anyone. If they stop playing LFS etc., they would probably close the hosting website and would probably forget about it, so I don't think that's the best idea, it's kinda like someone already said above. After some time pictures will still not be seen.

Anyway, if it won't clearly say YES in the voting by quite many votes in front, then we won't change anything and leave it as it is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG