The online racing simulator
Season 2011: Rules

Season 2011 Rules now available. As with last year, we'll do up a "Cliff's Notes" version. Only 13 pages, but 2 are cover / Table of Contents, and the last page is only about 25% of a page :P

GTAL 2011 Regulations

Remember, the NDR Sporting Code is in effect with this.

Update to the rules : 15-November-2010

ADD: III.3.a) No Driver may be on more than one team roster at any one time. No Driver may race for more than two teams during a season. A Driver may make only two moves between teams during a season: From the original team, to a second team, then back to the original team. Exceptions may be made in the case of team break-ups or mergers.

CHANGE (In blue): VIII.1.b) The race will be started with a rolling start behind the Safety Car. Drivers are to remain in grid order for one lap, single file, until the last turn or other point, at which time the field must form into double-file. Row-mates should be generally even with each other, remaining at least with 25% overlap. Rows should be spaced between 3 and 5 car lengths apart. The leader and all other cars after forming into double file must maintain approximately pit lane speed (10 kph variance permitted) until the green flag is shown, at which point all cars are free to overtake.

Please also see updates to the ... porting Code on this date
Deko will drivers be able to run a "Ostgard" schedule and switch between teams?

That's the only thing I didn't see stated in your VERY organized rule book.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Deko will drivers be able to run a "Ostgard" schedule and switch between teams?

That's the only thing I didn't see stated in your VERY organized rule book.

Drivers are not required to stay with one team, rotations are possible.

Perhaps I should add some specific language covering this :o
All Teams!
Pls tell ALL your members to read the rules from A to Ö twice!
It's all there ... and if everyone has read it Twice we all going to get a GREAT 2011 GTAL season!
Rules are crystal clear if you you can spare 30 minutes reading it all twice!

PS.
If you don't got Ö on your keyboard ... just read it A-Z!
DS.
Glitches
I'm reading it now, so I'll post any mistakes/glitches I find there:
3. Each round will be three days long. Days 1 and 2 are Sunday and Friday, with qualifying sessions, Day 3 is race day on Saturday.
I would expect it to be, Day 1 Friday Q, Day 2 Saturday Q, Day 3 Sunday R.

1. The series runs with GT2-class restrictions.

I thought the name is GT9, because in other Leagues GT2 still refers to the old restrictions. Or will it change everywhere? I don't think so.

TO BE CONTINUED (Hopefully not)
Quote from JackCY :]I would expect it to be, Day 1 Friday Q, Day 2 Saturday Q, Day 3 Sunday R.

Indeed, that's what you would expect

If you take a look at how the previous season went it would make a bit more sense I admit. So here's how it works: Q1 is the Sunday before the race (=the previous weekend) (not after obviously. Would be an interesting concept.) Q2 is the day before the race. Race in on a Saturday.
Quote :
1. The series runs with GT2-class restrictions.

I thought the name is GT9, because in other Leagues GT2 still refers to the old restrictions. Or will it change everywhere? I don't think so.

GT2 isn't copyrighted by anyone so I can run a league with the 50% intake restricted UF1 and call it GT2 if I like. CTRA ran GT2 which was completely different from our GT2. Why should we change the name?
yes that was my 2nd weird idea that you have Q1 for the next race right day after the previous race, than wait a week and Q2 + R

GT2/9, just asking, don't know
Quote from JackCY :yes that was my 2nd weird idea that you have Q1 for the next race right day after the previous race, than wait a week and Q2 + R

GT2/9, just asking, don't know

No, the gap between a race and Q1 for the next race is about 1 month.
I better stop writing anything. Yes I had in mind that the race is every weekend.
I dont get one thing from rules...there are 2 qualifications...and what is their purpose? why two of them? will the first one somehow affect the second one...
I was trying to look this up in GTAL 2011 Regulations and there was no explanation of this...I guess...if I am not blind
Quote from bavorak :I dont get one thing from rules...there are 2 qualifications...and what is their purpose? why two of them? will the first one somehow affect the second one...
I was trying to look this up in GTAL 2011 Regulations and there was no explanation of this...I guess...if I am not blind

It's just two chances to get your best qualifying performance. Your fastest time from the sessions will be the one that places you on the grid..
That's how the format was in MoE last year.. and since this is kinda a feeder series.. It makes sense I guess to use the same format as a major league
Prostě máš 2 šance ... v neděli tejden před závodem a pak ještě v pátek den před závodem. Počítá se nejlepší čas kterej zajedeš v jedný z těch 2 session.
Hmm?
můj velký knoflík...
Quote from bavorak :I dont get one thing from rules...there are 2 qualifications...and what is their purpose? why two of them? will the first one somehow affect the second one...

Qualifying 1, on Sunday, and Qualifying 2, on Saturday, are there to allow teams suficient chance to qualify. The fastest time of each team from the two sessions sets the grid time.
I have a question concerning the Rules point IV Advanced Drivers.

"If the driver is listed on the initial application for the team, the driver will automatically be considered, and this decision will not go against the appeal count"

Just for clarification: Does this mean if the driver is included in the initial application, he cannot be "accused" of having driven MoE / IGTC and we do not have to ask for an exemption?
I don't know how you can be "accused" of having done MoE/IGTC, you either have or you haven't. Let's run through the procedure:
  1. Anyone who has done MoE/IGTC is banned.
  2. If you wish to contest this then you can appeal.
  3. If that driver is on the initial application, then we'll look at them automatically and you can still appeal later.
Ok?
Quote from boothy :3. If that driver is on the initial application, then we'll look at them automatically and you can still appeal later.Ok?

That's what I meant Thanks for clarification.

I put "accused" in quotation marks to show I didn't really mean accused but couldn't find the word I was looking for
Some other Glitches
GTAL2011:
Quote :IX. Safety Car
2. ..., and gently show
down
and be alert for any situation on track while proceeding around to catch the Safety Car queue.

I think they should slow down.
Quote :2. a) 3.
3. Cars exiting pit lane may be overtaken by cars still on the track after before it crosses the second safety car line;

should be before

Quote :IV.
4. Chat is prohibited during any session. In qualifying, there will be one fastest session lap
removed for chat on a per line basis. In the race, a DT penalty is issued. Repeat offenses may
merit an SG penalty.

written in different font

NDR sporting code:
Quote :g) NDR Probation (NP or O7): Identical to Series Probation, except applies to all NOR-sanctioned events.

NOR --> NDR?
---
Please take it as a correction, I just thought you would like to know the possible errors.
Quote :4. There is a special Guest Team, assigned number 00, which will consist of various advanced
drivers. This team will be assigned and encouraged to help all full-time teams prior to each
round. Car 00 will not score points, and points will be awarded without considering position
of this car.

Will be they available here on forum to give advices for each round? Eg. setup advices, racing line advices, strategy, etc.
Or what is the meaning of that team?
---
$SC is a:
6. Miscellanyo NOT under any circumstances Shift+P or Shift+S during the race without authorization from Race Control. If you are beached or upside down, please use the $SC bind to alert us if we have not already called the yellow. We will tell you to spectate shortly thereafter.

OK what if I get stuck in sand and can't get out without help (XR, maybe FZ also), can I request help somehow?
---
If I get it correctly on race start I can overtake immediately after green flag, not required to wait for Start/Finish line.
When SC is deployed and race restarted, SC pulls over to pits, Leader sets the pace, then accelerates, green flag is shown, BUT no overtaking until crossing the S/F line?
Quote :a) No overtaking may occur after the Safety Car is deployed and before the start/finish line
at a restart, except in the following cases:

Quote :b) The Green flag will fly when the leader has started to accelerate on the start/finish
straight.

A bit weird to me, it should be the same for start and restart, are we required to wait on restart after SC for S/F line? Or not?
#22 - CSF
Quote from JackCY :Will be they available here on forum to give advices for each round? Eg. setup advices, racing line advices, strategy, etc.
Or what is the meaning of that team?
---
$SC is a:
6. Miscellanyo NOT under any circumstances Shift+P or Shift+S during the race without authorization from Race Control. If you are beached or upside down, please use the $SC bind to alert us if we have not already called the yellow. We will tell you to spectate shortly thereafter.

OK what if I get stuck in sand and can't get out without help (XR, maybe FZ also), can I request help somehow?
---
If I get it correctly on race start I can overtake immediately after green flag, not required to wait for Start/Finish line.
When SC is deployed and race restarted, SC pulls over to pits, Leader sets the pace, then accelerates, green flag is shown, BUT no overtaking until crossing the S/F line?

A bit weird to me, it should be the same for start and restart, are we required to wait on restart after SC for S/F line? Or not?

Bloody hell you ask a lot of annoying questions.

1: They act as a guide team for the others. They will be full of experienced drivers who we hope the GTAL teams can learn from watching etc. The guest team will be available on server most times, and are happy to take questions and give advice.

2: $sc bind when stuck. This gives the admin team a notification, we send out the SC and an RB4 comes and gets you out, just like in the test race. But you probably have not bothered to look at that again have you.

3: No it isn't weird, it works well and will stay.

So on start it's don't wait for S/F line and after SC restart wait for S/F line.
So after SC restart I have green flag, but I can't overtake until S/F line.
Correct?
---
$SC, Yes I found it, but it says:
Quote :We will tell you to spectate shortly thereafter.

So it's like I'm stuck, $SC, alright you can spectate... race is over for you.
So there is actually tow coming to help.
---
Quote :Bloody hell you ask a lot of annoying questions.

Yes, better to ask before race than complain after.
#24 - CSF
Quote from JackCY :So on start it's don't wait for S/F line and after SC restart wait for S/F line.
So after SC restart I have green flag, but I can't overtake until S/F line.
Correct?
---
$SC, Yes I found it, but it says: So it's like I'm stuck, $SC, alright you can spectate... race is over for you.
So there is actually tow coming to help.
---
Yes, better to ask before race than complain after.

1: Correct.

2: Only if you are rolled over or unable to continue with massive damage. If you are simply stuck, we push you out.

3: Of course.
FTR deko made this ruleset whilst high so it probably won't make any sense. We just couldn't be arsed to rewrite it all together, we merely cut out all the flying elephants. It would have taken ages to add all the u-letters in every 'colour'-word.

Season 2011: Rules
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG