The online racing simulator
Quote from boosterfire :To me, Scawen is the most unusual developer. In a usual corporation, he'd be the guy nobody would ever hear about, but that would come up with a few genius ideas every once in a while. The hidden key to great success. To be honest, I think his skills at what he does are awesome, but his managing skills are lacking, abysmally so. This is what you end up with...

i think he just needs a PR guy to keep us impatient people at bay... that way he can get back to coding, and we don't have to sit in the dark and get him mad every time he reads the forums.
Even if he said "Oh guys look, This week has been a hard week, Nothing has really been done"

We're not asking him to produce NFS shift a week, And even if there was nothing positive said, If he told us every Saturday what was up, And what happened in the inside of LFS we would all be happy.

A paragraph every Saturday can't hurt.
Quote from boosterfire :.. he'd be the guy nobody would ever hear about, but that would come up with a few genius ideas every once in a while. The hidden key to great success. To be honest, I think his skills at what he does are awesome,...

LFS is the best realistic Game, and LFS will be more better when his main attation would be to release new Tracks ... We have enough Cars and the Physics or Graphics are "ok".
For his Publicreports it could be enough to say "Hey Guys here is a new Track" and then go back to the rework of the physics.
So maybe i'm wrong but modelling a track its the task for Eric or ?
I would like to know why the release is taking so long.
Is it because the developement is such hard or is it because of some business issues?
Quote from Martin Deutschland :I would like to know why the release is taking so long.
Is it because the developement is such hard or is it because of some business issues?

Hi, its the development bit. Click on Scawen's name (you can find his opening post at the begining of this thread) and click on "Find more posts by Scawen". Have a look at what he had posted regarding the development...

E: Or you can click on the number of posts next to the thread tittle and click on number next to Scawen's name to just see his posts on this thread (currently 15). http://www.lfsforum.net/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=63604
In my(!) opinion anything but a release this year is not acceptable..., though I know this does not speed up development. But Scawen should release at least a test patch with all features and use (for now) a simple physical solution for the cases, where the new tyre physics do not work as expected. Though I guess it would be difficult to combine the new tyre physics with "workaround physics" for special cases.
Quote from LFS_Adam :In my(!) opinion anything but a release this year is not acceptable..., though I know this does not speed up development.

don't accept it then, lol. And indeed... doesn't do much except get labelled as spam

Quote :But Scawen should release at least a test patch with all features and use (for now) a simple physical solution for the cases, where the new tyre physics do not work as expected.

it's out - Z28

Quote :Though I guess it would be difficult to combine the new tyre physics with "workaround physics" for special cases.

most likely...
Quote from JazzOn :
it's out - Z28

You know exactly what i mean with "all features"...
It makes no sense to make public something you know that has some bugs, and you are still working in it. It would even make Scawen loss some time doing it.
Quote from TehPaws3D :We're not asking him to produce NFS shift a week, And even if there was nothing positive said, If he told us every Saturday what was up, And what happened in the inside of LFS we would all be happy.

Certainly not. Are you really that naive? You and me would be happy but there are enough whiners who would then complain about what is being done or not done.

It was the same the last time. People moaned and whined for a progress report. Scawen gave one and people still moaned and whined because they were not happy with the content of that progress report.
Even if the patch will be out tomorrow with the Scirocco, Rockingham, an new car and the new physics, there would still be people complaining about something.

If you are selling anything in a large scale, there will alyways be someone who complains without any real reason.
Quote from ATHome :If you are selling anything in a large scale, there will alyways be someone who complains without any real reason.

Yeah that's why most developers are men so they can grab their nuts and say "**** you haters!"
I'm not very active on the LFS forum, but keep checking them every day or so.

I must say, many of you speak just too much, but indeed, it is taking very long now.

An update, positive or not, would be helpful.
Quote from ATHome :[...]the patch will be out tomorrow with the Scirocco, Rockingham, an new car and the new physics[...]

The Patch will be released tomorrow?! wooohooooo!
-
(Velocity.) DELETED by Velocity.
Quote from Velocity. :And i will sh1t meself,become the pope,take control of the conservative party and win the lottery

Call me pope sh1tty pants millionaire Cameron the 2nd

Now that's an incentive.
Quote from -V-Max- :I'm not very active on the LFS forum, but keep checking them every day or so.

I must say, many of you speak just too much, but indeed, it is taking very long now.

An update, positive or not, would be helpful.

If you read the thread or simply searched for his posts you would see he has given several updates over the last 4 months.

If you read between the lines... Still experimenting, no ETA, not working on it full time as it's a difficult challenge and motivations a problem. Eric MIA, no new content announced.

If the last 5 years count for anything, there hasn't been the usual subtle hints that leads up to a release. Basically anything this year is extremely low. Check back in 6-12 months or when you get an email. (if you've registered)
A good sound in the game makes a big difference! This should be one major improvement for S3! It gives much more atmosphere to the game.
ppl I can just say s3 WILL NEVER COME OUT AND SEE THE SUN!!!!!
my only concern is that by the time the patch comes out it will be too late

other then that, I have no problem of waiting, but I still dont get why is it so hard to say once a week, "hey ppl Im still here, still working on it", I think that would make the wait easier

my 2c
Quote from JPeace :I think we should (yes again, people keep saying these things) be patient, because, lets face it, the Devs use this a business and its not exactly failing is it? Yes people who have been playing from 2003 are being drama queens and calling this the end of the world, but its not harming LFS at all.

What a load of bull.

What do you know about that?
Quote from SFynx :but I still dont get why is it so hard to say once a week, "hey ppl Im still here, still working on it", I think that would make the wait easier

Why should he waste his time by saying something that obvious?
Quote from zeugnimod :Why should he waste his time by saying something that obvious?

Why are you wasting your time by saying something obvious? ;°
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG