The online racing simulator
What Program Do i Need to edit a car? :)
(17 posts, closed, started )
Hey Can someone help me?
It's already on your computer. Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. Type this in:

format C:

This unlocks the editing mode.
You may wish to provide some more context for your question. What is it about a car you wish to edit? What cars do you wish to edit; you've made this thread in off-topic so one would assume it's not LFS related?

Without more information you're only going to get sarcastic answers like Forbin's.
What is Command Prompt? Sorry my english is a littel bad
I'am new on this forum and on Danish forums we do it in Off-Topic Sorry
Quote from Forbin :It's already on your computer. Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. Type this in:

format C:

then write the command "were denied access because you do not have sufficient privileges. You must start the program in elevated mode.
Forbin was being an ass. Don't do what he said. :P

You need to answer Bob's questions if you want further help.

p.s., Bob, clear some inbox space!
Quote from Bob Smith :You may wish to provide some more context for your question. What is it about a car you wish to edit? What cars do you wish to edit; you've made this thread in off-topic so one would assume it's not LFS related?

Without more information you're only going to get sarcastic answers like Forbin's.

want to change the look and the investment necessary and such and it is mostly on XRT and RB4 and FXO
#9 - PoVo
Texture mods, or the whole 3d model of the car?
Quote from PoVo :Texture mods, or the whole 3d model of the car?

The 3d model
Editing the 3D Models (.vob files) in LFS is not possible, and won't be discussed on these forums.
Quote from Stefani24 :Editing the 3D Models (.vob files) in LFS is not possible, and won't be discussed on these forums.

lol!
#13 - Uke
Quote from Forbin :It's already on your computer. Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. Type this in:

format C:

Quote from MartinDWermuth :What is Command Prompt? Sorry my english is a littel bad

Quote from MartinDWermuth :then write the command "were denied access because you do not have sufficient privileges. You must start the program in elevated mode.

Almost win, so cloooose bawahahahahah
Quote from Bob Smith :Without more information you're only going to get sarcastic answers like Forbin's.

Facetious? Well, I do say, this accusation is quite preposterous. I was merely attempting to relieve this chap of the burden of possessing a functional computer, lest he again insult the work of one Eric Bailey.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Forbin was being an ass. Don't do what he said. :P

I prefer "donkey," thanks.

Quote from Inouva :Almost win, so cloooose bawahahahahah

Yeah, I had a pretty good idea where this was going. Judging by the fact that the OP's common sense of computing is severly lacking, I'm willing to bet his skills at modifying the game art are similarly lacking, making this an ultimately pointless thread, regardless of any moral or legal issues.
One does need to consider about the people who first hear (see?) about LFS from the sheer number of youtube vidoes and screeshots/edits done with edited .vobs. Its to be expected that people will be asking about how to change the shape. Especially if they've not been active in this forum, and not aware of seeming ban of anything related to .vobs. Funny as it might have been for some, the OP could have lost (maybe their parents/brothers) important files due to a comment like that - assuming that English is not his first language.

Quote : ----------
-- Tips --
----------
Please be aware that people of any age and from many different cultures visit this forum and post their opinions. Also not everyone is equally fluent in the English language which is used on this forum. It can therefore happen that messages may be misunderstood, depending on how you read them. Keep in mind that people usually mean well, so when in doubt, give people the benefit of the doubt and see their post in a positive manner.Doing so will make our forum a nice place to freely discuss anything you want (fully or remotely related to sim-racing), without the need for moderators to intervene.

That went out of the window.

------------------------------

Quote from Stefani24 :Editing the 3D Models (.vob files) in LFS is not possible, and won't be discussed on these forums.

Quote from Uke :It's forbidden to discuss vob editing here! Sorry.

In all fairness, editing the 3D models is possible via 3rd party programs. However, posting these (direcly or posting links to access the mods) are not allowed in this forum.

Yes, I know this is a rather grey area in this forum. But do keep in mind that the LFS Forum Privacy / Disclaimer / Agreement state the following.

Quote : 4) Any "mods" - modifications to the Live for Speed exe, must be discussed with a moderator before being released on the forum. If a mod is approved by a moderator, it may then be released in the appropriate section of the forum. Please do not contact a developer as we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them. Any mods which change the shape of a car model, or which allow online cheating or circumvent HLVC, will be rejected.

Maybe its time to update the agreement? Something along the lines stating that any discussions about .vob modifications, screenshots, links to videos with cars with edited .vobs will not be tolerated.

I'm fine with the above. But people, as quoted above, say its fobbiden - is it really? If I were to edit a .vob, for my personal use - could I ask for help regarding that, or not?

All I found is the following,

Quote from Bob Smith :It's not in the EULA, so you are allowed to create such content. The devs do, however, wish that you do not release any such content that you create. Hence it is against the forum rules to post such content here, and we will remove forum priveledges for those who repeatedly breach this rule.

^Interesting thread, that. Been trying to dig up posts, but couldn't find anything "official" fobidding discussion/posting images/movies related to edited .vob.

Certainly not trying to stir things up - just wanted a clarification.

Thanks for reading, and please do point out if I've missed anything "official".
The current stance is, we are not tolerating discussion of content editing either. Why? It's using the official, developer funded forum to support more additional content for free that would otherwise be the devs source of income, so it's breaking their business model.

This can of course change, but only if the devs tell us. I see this as an eventuality, as we'll either get tools to do the job ourselves, or the LFS project will have gone so long without new content it will be considered dead. I don't think either is happening anytime soon, so I don't think there's anything else to say on this matter now.

MartinDWermuth - hopefully this has answered your question now.
This thread is closed

(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG