The online racing simulator
Quote from adamlfs :Has S. "I need a poo" Williams fix his rather bad connection.. yet!

Its very hard to make a pass on him in that first 3 stints I had.

You're not the only one who's afraid of that :P When I was gonna pass him, he dissapeard. Then... out of the corner, he just popped up RIGHT behind me xD I was scared to death :P

But I think he has. At least, he got to know that he lagged, so I guess he has tried to fix it. Im sorry
Results
the next days the last penalties will be added and the final result published
there should have been written provisional but it's hard to tell people what a provisional result is or why it takes 1+ weeks to get the final result. But we hopefully don't have do edit the news .
it just takes more than one week, because there was a chance to hand in protests within the first week of the race
Just a question.. is there similar race to this which lasts for 24 hours like "real" LM?

or... maybe next year here?
we are only doing our 16 hours races.

the last 24 hours race like "real" LM took place 2006 i think.

We won't have a 24 hours event.
Quote from Michalxo :Just a question.. is there similar race to this which lasts for 24 hours like "real" LM?

The Masters Of Endurance are holding a 24H race once a year, but since there are only 30 slots and since a lot of teams are interrested, only the upper elite can have a go.

There's also LTC organising a 24H one off event next week end(here), although I have no idea how it'll be racing-wise... But the standards are gonna be a lot lower than in the 16 Hours' for sure
Quote from Michalxo :Just a question.. is there similar race to this which lasts for 24 hours like "real" LM?

You should also keep an eye on the Desire of Patience Tour 2010/2011, they will have a 24h race with the GTR class, NGT class and LRF next year again, but as Yann said the Masters of Endurance 24h is of course more prestige and definitely one of the hightlights of the year in LFS.
Any server up yet? :P
servers will come later this day
Just a suggestion to the rules.

I would prefer reset on during the race and if someone flips he can reset and gets a Stop & Go Penalty for this by the server admin.

That's really something I should have suggested earlier I know but it came to my mind yesterday. I mean wouldnt it be horrible if there is a team leading in GT1 for 13 hours without any Shift P or time out and then a fcking curb destroys everything, so with a stop & go they would have the opportunity to recover from their mistake and still be able to win the race.

Only my opinion, would be nice to hear what you think of it, commandermas?

Edit: Same rule was also in the last season of the LFS Endurance Series and it worked perfect there.
-1 on reset.

1st - Car might roll over and stay in the middle of track -> causing incidents.
2nd - The car would have to wait so long... It won't allow you to reset if there's a car coming.
There are always some issues with live penalties, you always need atleast 1 admin per server the whole time and what happens if an admin misses an reset?
Insim reports resets, so could be built into the tracker. But resets are a shit idea so don't bother.
reset is a bad idea and will be misused

i will have a rulechange, so there will be less penalties for shift+s/p, just look into the rules
Any news about skintemplates yet?
Just in case people are having problems with AIRIO and defining the 16H cars here's an example of how to do it:

CustomCars=FX3|FXR,32,0 FX2|FXR,23,0 XR3|XRR,34,0 XR2|XRR,24,0 XR6|XRR,23,0 FZ3|FZR,28,0 FZ2|FZR,20,0 FZ6|FZR,19,25 FZ1|FZR,0,25 FZI|FZR,0,23 FXT|FXO,3,0

This has a few extra things, the standard GT2 and GT3 cars, as well as the FXO+3%, just to show the order you need to do things. The more restricted version of each car needs to go first, so GT3 -> GT2 -> 16Hours GT2.

Then add the following groups to your CarCategories= line:
GT6|FX2+XR6+FZ6
GT16|FXR+XRR+FZ1+FX2+XR6+FZ6 (This will obviously show GT1 and GT2 times together for some reason. Boothy's idea, blame him.)

You may also wish to add FZ1 to your GT1 category. FZ1 is the 16Hours defined FZR-GT1 car with 25kg ballast.

Hopefully this helps more than it confuses.
Why has to be the rear wing's bottom and sides green?
EDIT: I see, classes.
correct
By the way, I think some teams might attemp to qualify with slow time to get in the slowest server so they won't have much battle and this will increase their chance to win. I don't really like this way and if it was me who decides, would definetly disallow it somehow. Just a suggestion.

You can compare qual times with race times. I mean, if some team did slow time in qual and they will run clearly faster in the race, they might be DQed or something. Something similar, some kind of penalty...
i am working out something against this, as i saw it happening last year. But thank you for this idea, i will think about that.
or maybe do something like poleman in 1st server, 2nd in 2nd server, 3rd in first server...
Quote from MoMo92i :or maybe do something like poleman in 1st server, 2nd in 2nd server, 3rd in first server...

+1

Was my first thought as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG