The online racing simulator
LFS on XBOX 360 Live
(19 posts, closed, started )
LFS on XBOX 360 Live
I did a search and didn't find anything on it so I thought I would post it up.

Just wondering if Scawen and crew have ever thought about putting LFS on XBOX as a arcade download, When you download it you get the demo as normal and you unlock the full game as you normally do, I for one would love to be able to play it on the 360.
no

LFS if for PC and only PC
bye
Quote from Trev084 :I did a search and didn't find anything on it so I thought I would post it up.

Just wondering if Scawen and crew have ever thought about putting LFS on XBOX as a arcade download, When you download it you get the demo as normal and you unlock the full game as you normally do, I for one would love to be able to play it on the 360.

Go get forza ill play with you.
:hyper: Oh my God. Please do NOT ever think about LFS on a PS or Xbox of what ever.
Quote from FireMike15 ::hyper: Oh my God. Please do NOT ever think about LFS on a PS or Xbox of what ever.

Whats the difference between G25 on PS or G25 on PC
Quote from John5200 :Whats the difference between G25 on PS or G25 on PC

The difference is 99% of console games are casualized to death just to get published. You could say the same about a FPS - what is so different from playing with mouse/kb on PC and XBOX 360? The fact is 90% of console users have a game pad. And most would be upset to buy a game and find out how difficult it is.

You can pretend there is a difference, but there is a reason the sim racing, or any simulation genre, is 'stuck' to PC; PC users don't expect casualized games.
I Cant imagine to insert a LFS DVD into a PS or Xbox or download it on a Console. Thats horrible.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :no

LFS if for PC and only PC
bye

Wow you have been a member long...

Quote from Bmxtwins :Go get forza ill play with you.

Have forza 1, 2 & 3. Gt is trev084

Quote from FireMike15 ::hyper: Oh my God. Please do NOT ever think about LFS on a PS or Xbox of what ever.

Why not?

Quote from John5200 :Whats the difference between G25 on PS or G25 on PC

Dunno, Only have the momo.

Quote from blackbird04217 :The difference is 99% of console games are casualized to death just to get published. You could say the same about a FPS - what is so different from playing with mouse/kb on PC and XBOX 360? The fact is 90% of console users have a game pad. And most would be upset to buy a game and find out how difficult it is.

You can pretend there is a difference, but there is a reason the sim racing, or any simulation genre, is 'stuck' to PC; PC users don't expect casualized games.

Half the time I couldn't be half assed to play the PC, Who the hell plays with a mouse/keyboard these days anyway?

How would you casualise it by putting it on a 360?

Quote from FireMike15 :I Cant imagine to insert a LFS DVD into a PS or Xbox or download it on a Console. Thats horrible.

Really? My 1st ever gaming experience with LFS (s1) was on a magazine issued demo disc something like 8 - 9 years ago and a 360 is a PC with different firmware.

Anyway I will wait and see what the NON NOOB members have to say, Not kids that have been here for 3 years and less.
#9 - Woz
I doubt you will see LFS on an XBox tbh.

LFS would probably need some major redesign in areas as developed for a PC. The XBox is close but not that close

Also the 360 might struggle with the Physics, not sure on its CPU but LFS is CPU bound more than GFX bound.

HTH
Quote from Woz :I doubt you will see LFS on an XBox tbh.

LFS would probably need some major redesign in areas as developed for a PC. The XBox is close but not that close

Also the 360 might struggle with the Physics, not sure on its CPU but LFS is CPU bound more than GFX bound.

HTH

Some real answers
A couple of reasons why LFS is a PC title and will remain one for the foreseeable future:
  1. InSim
  2. OutSim
  3. OutGauge
  4. Decentralised, community maintained server structure
  5. As Woz pointed out, performance would almost certainly be an issue. The XB360 is, in theory, capable of processing 6 threads simultaneously, LFS's demanding physics, however, are single-threaded.
On a semi-related side note; you've been registered for 5 years, yet you only accumulated a total mileage of 262 miles, much less than most active forum members within the 3-year "noob-period" you defined :rolleyes:
Quote from morpha :A couple of reasons why LFS is a PC title and will remain one for the foreseeable future:
  1. InSim
  2. OutSim
  3. OutGauge
  4. Decentralised, community maintained server structure
  5. As Woz pointed out, performance would almost certainly be an issue. The XB360 is, in theory, capable of processing 6 threads simultaneously, LFS's demanding physics, however, are single-threaded.
On a semi-related side note; you've been registered for 5 years, yet you only accumulated a total mileage of 262 miles, much less than most active forum members within the 3-year "noob-period" you defined :rolleyes:

Yeah I can't work it out either, I have not raced online for a year or so due to my computer stuffing up but still do single player races but hey it's not the miles its how you race.

BTW I was referring to the replies I was getting from them, Maybe take into account the amount of miles I put on S1 too hmmm?
Quote from Trev084 :Yeah I can't work it out either, I have not raced online for a year or so due to my computer stuffing up but still do single player races but hey it's not the miles its how you race.

BTW I was referring to the replies I was getting from them, Maybe take into account the amount of miles I put on S1 too hmmm?

Oh yeah?, racing against AI anyone can win,even my cat without 3 legs and astma can win to the AI of lfs, try to race in a crowded server with 26 cars in a multiclass race without hitting soemon, i dare you.
Quote from Trev084 :Wow you have been a member long...
Half the time I couldn't be half assed to play the PC, Who the hell plays with a mouse/keyboard these days anyway?

How would you casualise it by putting it on a 360?

As far as mouse/keyboard any person who plays serious FPS games (on PC) will play with a mouse/keyboard. If you look at my comment you will see I was talking about FPS games when I made that. As far as LFS players, few use the mouse/keyboard - but there still are people that do. Real-time Strategy players also use mouse/keyboard.

As for casualizing on the 360, it will happen regardless if it should or not. Which is why it won't go on the 360... Because 90% of the users would have the XBox 360 Gamepad, which LFS is uncontrollably hard when using a gamepad. I am not saying without time, and practice that a player can't learn to drive with it; they certainly can. But the game would get trashed for being too hard.

Look at Darkest of Days, a game I helped develop. On PC things were fine, a ways into the project the grand idea to add it to the Xbox 360 was made, and then things like gamepad aiming required larger hit boxes and other things to make it playable, and the reviews still suck for the 360 because it isn't casualized enough. You can argue that people would want to play it because it is a simulation, but you are wrong. Sorry to say it that way, but the sim racing community is quite small in comparison to the arcade racing, or general gaming communities.
Quote from Trev084 :stuff

Hah, doubt that will happen, I bet next you will ask new car/track, and tire physics, haha, doubt that will happen also.
Quote from Inouva :Oh yeah?, racing against AI anyone can win,even my cat without 3 legs and astma can win to the AI of lfs, try to race in a crowded server with 26 cars in a multiclass race without hitting soemon, i dare you.

What you don't think I have, I don't race against AI, Muck around and play with the cars settings since my computer crashed and took all my setup files with it.

Quote from blackbird04217 :As far as mouse/keyboard any person who plays serious FPS games (on PC) will play with a mouse/keyboard. If you look at my comment you will see I was talking about FPS games when I made that. As far as LFS players, few use the mouse/keyboard - but there still are people that do. Real-time Strategy players also use mouse/keyboard.

It is a racing simulator, Why would you play it with a mouse and keyboard, Have you got a mouse stuck to the gearstick and a keyboard to the wheel in your car, ****in homo.

Quote from SidiousX :Hah, doubt that will happen, I bet next you will ask new car/track, and tire physics, haha, doubt that will happen also.

Grow up **** tard, I asked a simple ****ing question, I am not a half wit that plays this game because I can't drive in real life so I want it to be as close to the real thing as possible, Someone asks to have side mirrors that works and he is a legend, I ask for something that would make the LFS community greater and raise more revenue and I get flamed, ****in Americans and thinking they know everything about the world, You are a bunch of cock smokers.

I PAID MY WAY TO HAVE AN S2 LICENSE SO I THINK I AM ENTITLED TO AN IDEA.

Admin close this thread, No one will endorse it.
Quote from Trev084 :What you don't think I have, I don't race against AI, Muck around and play with the cars settings since my computer crashed and took all my setup files with it.

That not excuse, you have several sites that provides setup for anytrackcarcombo.,Still measuring you against AI is like play other games in easy mode or n00b mode
Quote from Trev084 :
It is a racing simulator, Why would you play it with a mouse and keyboard, Have you got a mouse stuck to the gearstick and a keyboard to the wheel in your car, ****in homo.

Yes it is a racing simulator, well done! But the fact of the matter is people, for whatever reason; cost, availability etc DO play LFS with a mouse and keyboard. Personally I do not, I have a nice setup, but don't pretend for a moment that people don't. If you want wheel exclusive racing move over to iRacing. I don't understand why your immature name calling and comments need to come into play when I made a valid point. Certainly a wheel is more immersive to the player than a mouse/keyboard; that is obvious to anyone.
Quote from Trev084 :****in homo.

Grow up **** tard, I asked a simple ****ing question

****in Americans and thinking they know everything about the world, You are a bunch of cock smokers.

I love you, you are so much better than the noobs who signed up in the last 3 years.
This thread is closed

LFS on XBOX 360 Live
(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG