The online racing simulator
New computer, want my skins back
Hey guys i have got a brand new spanking computer, any ideas how i can get back my old skins? Please help.
#2 - kaynd
The skins you have uploaded in lfsworld are still there. Log in, go to "my on line car skins" click the eye on whatever car you want and when the skin appears, right click on it and "save image as". Any other skin is still in your old hard drive.
Old hard drive is goooonnneeeeee. Ok then cool, also my other problem is in lfs/data/skins theres no files... it's just a skins_readme file...??? any ideas? Thanks
Because LFS uses files from skins_dds - skins is just for .JPG skins, which LFS convert.
#5 - kaynd
In that read me file, the first sentence you read is :

"This is the folder where you should place any skins you make or manually download."

Have you placed skins there since you installed LFS at your new pc?
If you haven't how do you expect to see anything else than the read me file?
Quote from nightojnr :also my other problem is in lfs/data/skins theres no files... it's just a skins_readme file...??? any ideas? Thanks

Ideas? Thats how its meant to be... did you actually read the "read me"? Its meant to be read, you know..

And as kaynd mentioned any skins that you uploaded to LFSW will still be there. Log in to LFSW, and from LFS Desktop go to My Online Car Skins. There is a small link called "Download 512px / 1024px skins". Click the 1024 px skins link and you can download all your uploaded skins.

Any skins you had in your previous Harddisk are... gone.
Ey, If you still have your old pc:
then you can find then in the lfs folder : LFS_ROOT_FOLDER/Data/skins ( folder )
you maybe even want to copy the LFS_ROOT_FOLDER/Data/skins_x folder across (i got all the skins you downloaded from other people.)

If you dont have your old pc anymore, then you will need to get your (own) skins downloaded from lfsworld and safe it in the LFS_ROOT_FOLDER/Data/skins (folder)

How you still got your old pc, that the best way to go
Quote from nightojnr :Old hard drive is goooonnneeeeee. Ok then cool, also my other problem is in lfs/data/skins theres no files... it's just a skins_readme file...??? any ideas? Thanks

Thanks correct...

the lfs/data/skins folder is a folder where you can put your .jpg skins, when you boot up lfs it converts it in to a .dds file. when the skin is a .dds it can be displayed in lfs.

so if you havent made a personal skin or saved a personal skin in the lfs/data/skins the folder will stay empty
Quote from nightojnr :Old hard drive is goooonnneeeeee. Ok then cool, also my other problem is in lfs/data/skins theres no files... it's just a skins_readme file...??? any ideas? Thanks

Skin files are no different from any other JPEG image

If you didn't back them up elsewhere, you're not gonna get it back

You will have skins saved at LFS World, but these will only be 1024*1024 resolution, which doesn't look that good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG