The online racing simulator
sa| Something Awful Racing
(53 posts, started )
niice
good luck!
LLWS 2010 Round 6: We Take the Lead
FOX at Blackwood GP for 1 hour | February 12, 2010

This race was a very important one for the squad. After it was all said and done we were finally ahead of Concept Racing in the team championship. Simon Murphy, the drivers championship leader, qualified 7th, Randy Young 12th, Travis Mehlinger 15th and Spencer Rose a low 22nd. In the race we all climbed up, some more than others. Simon finished 4th, Randy and Travis finished 7th and 8th, and Spencer 15th.

Our main rivals, CR, had a very poor race by contrast, with Roger Salama finishing 17th and Reint-Jan Hoiting and Adam Pettigrew both DNFing. This allowed us to jump from a 9 point deficit to a 26 point lead going into the final race of the season.

Simon Murphy leads the championship with a 47 point advantage over closest rival Adam Pettigrew. To quote Jonathan Palmer, "Simon Murphy only needs to set a qualifying lap of any time to clinch the title and not earn an DQ. If Murphy does not attend or gets a DQ, Adam Pettigrew must win."

Bring on the Kyoto 200!!

To read Travis's personal race report for this round, click here.

GTAL 2010 Round 4: Our First Podium!
GT2 Class at Westhill International Reverse for 6 hours | February 27th, 2010

This was also a quite important race for us, but we only knew this after it was finished! After some rather poor luck at South City with a disconnect on lap 9 right after a safety car, we put a lot of effort into this race. Eric Smith did over 1000 laps of practice!

Eric earned 6th place on the grid with a 1:35.01, but was gifted 5th when CoRe's Ken O'Keefe showed up late for the grid, and was yet again gifted 4th when Xcite-LRT-Racing's M. Garbolewski had an unfortunate disconnect before the pace car was pulled in. In Eric's stint he spent much of his time following Sonicrealms and T7R in 2nd to 4th place. He eventually caught T7R towards the end and spun Tommy Østgaard in the first chicane earning us a drive through penalty. Eric handed over the car in 3rd after the pit stops filtered through, though with the DT that would have to be earned back.

New Dimension Racing's Chris Wilkinson inherited the DT after he took over, but only dropped to 5th after the pit stop and DT were complete. Chris joined our squad after doing well in the second test event and realizing how much he missed GTAL. We're quite happy he chose to drive with us as he drove two brilliant stints, handing the car to Travis Mehlinger in 2nd after the pit stops were all sorted.

Travis Mehlinger's stint started out with some brake problems. His brake pedal had uncalibrated itself caused him to drop a few places before he could adapt to his new braking sensitivity. After that trouble our podium dreams looked a bit slim, but some poor luck to other teams put us back up in 3rd. E-Team had a run-in (literally!) with International Team CAPO, and EER had a late disconnect from 2nd.

We finished 3rd! Our first podium in GTAL and a far better result than we had achieved in any of the previous rounds. In the end we led 24 of the 218 laps, with each driver leading at least five laps, never dropped below 6th, and to quote Eric, "It was fun."
Nice guys

SA's new logo added to our site
Wow, I read it all
Brilliant pik and the whole team.
Well done guys. I was more worried about Eric catching me than tommy in that race
grats guys, well deserved (just dont spin us next time, and it'll be better for both :shy
Gratz guys.
Congratz ! it was a close GTAL race ! This is really a nice championship where lot of teams can win.

Good luck for the future
Quote from Tomhah :grats guys, well deserved (just dont spin us next time, and it'll be better for both :shy

Don't reverse into us next time <_<

(I swear he did I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES :tilt
rofl! I thought no one saw that it xD
Nice result, fellas! Congrats!
Thanks Lee & everybody! Maybe we can do it again at Fern Bay.
Scrappy Standards League

We are is starting up our first league. We will run the XFG and XRG cars at eight different combos in a two on - one off schedule. Each event will consist of one qualifying session, a sprint race, and a feature race.

You can read more here on our site and sign up here.
Quote from pik_d :Scrappy Standards League

We are is starting up our first league. We will run the XFG and XRG cars at eight different combos in a two on - one off schedule. Each event will consist of one qualifying session, a sprint race, and a feature race.

You can read more here on our site and sign up here.

Lol,havent you heard that XFG Championship is going to start soon?
Quote from prOmo_LTU :Lol,havent you heard that XFG Championship is going to start soon?

lol, havent you read that this is XFG/XRG league?
Quote from oldnavy :lol, havent you read that this is XFG/XRG league?

This is exactly why we're running it. Too many XFG only leagues.
Quote from pik_d :This is exactly why we're running it. Too many XFG only leagues.

Couldn´t agree more
just like there were too many FOX leagues a few months back.....

i wonder what's next?

LX4/LX6 maybe?
Actually GTS Motorsports has a LX4/LX6 league starting up soon.
2010 SNXL Round 1: Randy and Spencer follow a True Turbo Freak to The Podium
XRT at South City Chicane for 20 laps | March 7th, 2010

Two of our drivers entered the season opener of RSRadicals' Saturday Night XRT League with confidence. We had led the lap time chart right up until the race. As we expected Sonicrealms Racing's Magnus Björndal proved to be in a league of his own here, but we had only ourselves and Clockworks Z.Weiss to worry about after he sped off into the distance.

The half hour race was a fairly quiet one, The top 4 finishing as they started, Magnus, Randy, Spencer, Z.Weiss. Due to Magnus's teammate Jason Matthews showing up and finishing 7th the teams championship is a close fight with Sonicrealms currently in the lead. Next race is the same combo as the Kyoto 250, and the day after as well, Kyoto Ring Oval. With Randy participating in the Kyoto 250, look for him to do well in Round 2.

LLWS 2010 Round 7: Something Awful Takes Four of Six LLWS Titles and Wins The Kyoto 200!
FOX at Kyoto Ring Oval for 200 Kilometers or 70 Minutes | March 12, 2010

Not just a win, but a 1-2 finish as well as Simon Murphy closing the Driver's Championship in qualfying and the squad closing the teams championship in the most effective possible way! First a summary from Randy Young on the race, then a more wordy version below.

"Wow, SA 1-2.

My win was mostly luck combined with crafty teamwork. The luck was staying out of any incidents and lots of faster drivers receiving drive throughs for pit infractions. That put me up at the front with pik who did a brilliant job backing the field up enough to give me a clear run to the finish."

Not all was sunshine and rainbows at the start. The team had some trouble even before qualifying. Travis Mehlinger had some more PC troubles after the last GTAL round. He was forced to qualify without sound and had to restart his computer between that and the race to get it back! Qualifying didn't do anything to raise our hopes of a good race either, the four of us qualified between 18th and 23rd out of 25 drivers.

Disaster struck on lap 3 of the race with a lag incident taking out Travis and causing the first of six safety cars that we would see throughout the race. Then under safety car our drivers championship winning driver Simon Murphy timed out, leaving just Randy Young and Spencer Rose to complete the remaining 62 er... 52* laps.

Luck started to swing our way around the halfway point. Our two remaining drivers had been in the mid pack, but the first safety car in the pit window saw the two of us gaining spots as we pitted. We would gain more spots after 11 drivers would pick up either a drive through or stop-go penalty for incorrectly entering the pit lane under SC and/or overtaking SC.

After all the drivers with penalties served them Randy and Spencer found themselves in a 3 way draft battle for second place. Our guys eventually out-drafted J.Sedgwick and were chasing down M.Saidl for that top podium spot when another safety car did the job for us.

On the restart Randy, Spencer, M.Saidl and J.Sedgwick broke away for a short time until the final safety car of the race froze the field with Randy 1st and Spencer 2nd. As Randy put it, "[Spencer] did a brilliant job backing the field up enough to give me a clear run to the finish." In a heated battle for second M.Saidl came down on J.Sedgwick in the final corner of the final lap, losing them both time and race positions. Spencer was able to catch M.Saidl's draft and secure second place for Something Awful Racing's first ever League 1-2 finish.

With the conclusion of the LLWS 2010 series our team has taken the Driver's, Teams, Owners and Qualifying Championship. Randy just missed out on the Chase cup to Sonicrealms Racing's Sascha Riegler, and Simon Murphy was the driving force behind the United Kingdom winning the Nations Cup. An absolute massive congratulations to Simon for winning the Driver's Championship and Qualifying Trophy! Winning 3 of the 7 races and finishing 4th in two more, he put on stellar drives all season long.

*The race ran to the time limit, not the full race distance.
Keep it up. GL in the 250.
5th overall in our first endurance league
Well done sa ! I think that next year you can fight for the championship again
awful start!
gratz.

sa| Something Awful Racing
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG