The online racing simulator
Round 2 AS2 - Post Race Discussion
That was quite the race also I had no chance to get near the podium thanks to the 36kg in my trunk
#2 - dadge
Round 2 AS2 - Post Race Discussion
this was a very good round for me.
early last week i did some testing with the 45KG ballast and got within 0.70 of my pb. i estimated that the 45KG was adding at least 0.50 to my lap time. i used this as a guide for my practicing.
i felt that with previous sprint races, i could make it into the top 6. imagine my surprise when i matched my practice time and was 23rd .
quall was amazing. 27 cars split by just over 1 second.
to reduce the weight of my car, i only took 30 laps of fuel and aimed for a lap 30 pitstop. the start of the race went well for me as i was able to maximise from the mistakes of others. in no time at all i was 3 places behind 3jump who was in 2nd place in the championship so he'd be my main competitor (as usual with 777 drivers lol). 3j really brought his game today. he was able to pull away from me about 0.10 per lap. i cought up with franky and we slugged it out for a few laps. both of us agreeing that we were holding each other up. but none of us willing to give up the position and work together lol.
on lap 32 i pitted and took on 8 seconds of fuel. this put 3j about 15 seconds infront of me when he had his pitstop. at this stage, i decided to look after my tyres and hope for a few crashes up ahead.
near the end of the race, i noticed Havoc was catching me up. i knew that it would be a close finish with him so i went on the defensive for the last 2 laps. i got a great drive out of the last corner to finish only inches infront of havoc.
all in all, it was a good race. can't wait for the results to see if i have ballast. all i do know is that if i do have ballast, 3j will have more hehehehe.
not often i get to catch someone....thanks for being clean when i got there.
great racing :P
My race was rather quiet. Early on I was fighting P.Santos for 5th place, but Gang took advantage of our scrap and stole the position. After a few more laps of switching positions Santos (purposely?) disconnected. Shortly after Gang made a couple of mistakes allowing me to catch up and challenge him for the spot. We were switching position for several laps until he went into the pits on lap 11.
From there on, I was all alone. The group infront had created a large gap and were lapping far quicker and more consistently than me.
On Lap 35 I had a tangle with Torpaa. Shortly before I had lapped him, then coming out of the last turn I ran a little wide, allowing him the get in my stream and take me on the straight. I assumed he was going to stay infront of me, so I tucked in behind him onto the raceline before T1. But we both had different ideas, just as I moved behind him he broke early to let me pass, maybe I could have avoided him - although this time we had the same idea and both tried moving to the right and we collided. Both of us went sideways and I slipped onto the grass, fortunately we both recovered well and neither of us lost TOO much time.
After that K.Piropo was right behind me and lapping a lot quicker. Rather than risk losing more time in a fight that wouldn't have ended well for me, I entered the pits. Leaving me all alone again..
It was all going well for me, I was sitting in 4th after Gerdoner got a flat and finally lapping consistently.
Then on the final lap, just coming out of T1 I run out of fuel. Game over.
I intended to start with 61%, but it seems I forgot to add that extra 1%.

It was a fun race anyway, hopefully I'll be around to join the next race.
Oh crap, completely forgot about this and the other series I'm in as well.

Sorry for going AWOL on you Franky.
Good and bad stuff happened in my race. Unfortunately the bad stuff was so bad it ended my race with wheels pointing to the sky.

The qualify wasn't great, but I wasn't in the mood to try to improve. Instead I filled the tank and aimed to try to follow the midfield while heavy and be fast when others are pitting for fuel.

Hell broke loose at the first laps, lots of contacts, people going off track and rejoining in the traffic. So sorry if my driving was not ok.
That made me fall too far back from where I wanted to be, so I started pushing. And that's where I was surprised. That was my first serious race in a long time (it's hard to find relaxed leagues and with pleasant drivers these days), the second one with the wheel, and I drove well! Consistent, minimal errors, reasonable pace (for me) in a track I hate and in a car I never drove. Guess I even got in the top 10 around lap 40. Then the only error cost my race. :/

Hope to be able to race the other rounds, I'll definitely come back.
#7 - Hahmo
Good race for me..

I got 0.5 off from PB in the quall, still only 19th or so..
In the race few contacts with Epic racing lads but ay, it was still fun :P
#8 - Bee
Qualifying was brilliant for me, setting a competative time despite being a last minute entry so I was quite pumped going into the race.

However, I lost all kinds of consistancey past the opening ten laps and soon found myself falling back. Had some great laps with the Zoom lads, Havoc and ATC Dodge, hope they didn't mind me racing them hard! But then sadly just over halfway my connection decided to go on the fritz and that was the end of my race, a shame but to be fair, I was prob heading for back of the pack anyways.

Never the less, a very fun meet and glad I gave it a shot, cheers all!
#9 - dadge
yeah, Dodge is a nightmare to pass. unlike ATC Dadge
Quote from dadge :yeah, Dodge is a nightmare to pass. unlike ATC Dadge

This ATC dadge blocked me like experienced driver (which he really isn't) what i was amazed about. Nice pass btw, blocked me that i had to take outside and franky passed me easily.. Teamspeak with franky, ay? :P
Well, what can I say? Did some laps offline prior to the event and lapped ~ 0.3 seconds faster and way more consistent then I did online. Probably because I didn't have to check the mirrors all the time when I was driving offline So I wasn't that happy about my pace, but at the end I thought "Well, let's just bring home 4th place"... and then my tyre failed on me. I knew I was hard on the tyres but I hoped I can just make it or that it'll blow in the last corner. But no, it was T1. 3 spins and a pit stop later i came out of the pits just behind Jason with whom I had the only battle for position during the whole race. Was nice, and I guess if I had a few more laps I could have got him, but the race was ruined anyway
When will be the official results posted?
Results!!!!
Results are up!

Was a great race, i enjoyed myself, i hope you all did too .

Full extended results (With penalties applied - These are the final results)
http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... 3.43.59_results_race.html

Penalties

Current Championship Standings

Replays available:
Race: http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... S2/60_Lap_GP_AS2_Race.mpr
Qualify: http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... S2/60_Lap_GP_AS2_Qual.mpr

im going to overhaul the site to make updates easier, so that wont be updated until late tonight.
Oh, so quick!
E: 20+ sec to jokelainen from what?
E2: Checked replay.. never learns "do not cross the pitines.."
yep. done it 2 weeks ago too! this should knock it into him though :P
well, after telling him the news
"f word spammed 100x times"

He will learn eventually

If you would be kind change the combo to the right one on the server
E: Thanks!
hehe, at least it was not just him this time, Should make him feel a little better .

Combo changed
yay... an even heavier car

Grats to my teammate for being fast and ruleproof
if you get at least 1 point in every other race you run, and both of you end up with equal points at the end of the series... he would BEAT YOU for getting 0 points at round 1. lol.

That would be funny

Tell u what we will do for you though 3j. as we know ya.

We will not give you 45kg of ballast OK!.

What we will do instead (in your case) is give you just another 9KG to go with the 36KG you already own .

Enjoy :P
So bad
I hope next will be much better
what happened to you Gang? you were doing really well. then suddenly totally went... rubbish. i was folling you down the back straight and you kind of just decided the grass on the left needed mowing...
Well, with just few laps left i was getting closer to him few seconds every lap, finally when i passed i saw that his car was totally rammed..
Knocked out a quick results piccy, for old times sake...

Seems your stats messed up after the penalties were applied, Franky. It put Jokelainen behind Naraeho but he was actually 2 seconds quicker..?
Attached images
Results.jpg
/me facepalms myself!

corrected that now there in the same team. im sure they wont mind :P

Thanks for the pic cropsy. really brings back the old times

also needs you need to edit the pic now though :P
Quote from Cropsy :Knocked out a quick results piccy, for old times sake...

Seems your stats messed up after the penalties were applied, Franky. It put Jokelainen behind Naraeho but he was actually 2 seconds quicker..?

i had to read that a few times. i thought it read "i knocked out a quick one for old times sake" mind in the gutter as usual i guess.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG