The online racing simulator
GTI: New Lights, Dash Logo, Console, & Doors
New - Chrome grille and lights update - file & screenshot updated in this post

New 2 - The requested right hand drive version file can be found at post 22:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=139623#post139623

Smoothed out the JPEG artifact crazed dash. Redid the airbag lines on the dash, new door panels from a earlier model M5. New center console stereo center, new dash logo, more prominent black outlines in the rear tailights, Charger headlights, and other minor touchups. For the hands shown on the steering wheel, see my "hands instead of gloves" thread (3 skin tones available in it)

^^ I noticed in the screenshot above the grille looks pretty pixelized, it is actually quite clear in game. Both were captured from high resolution textures.

For my exhaust tips shown in this skin - go to my other thread:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=139053

Dash works with either digital or analog settings. And now there is a RHD version for download (see top)

Extract the .zip's and put the files in the DDS folder inside your LFS files folder under data.
Attached files
XF_Interior2.zip - 769.4 KB - 3053 views
XF_Interior1.zip - 1.4 MB - 2755 views
#2 - bal00
Quote from bal00 :Looking great! Fixed the links btw.

You must be using a browser that doesn't support thumbnails. They appear fine, they are clickable thumbnails, no fixing needed.
WOW, Superb work mate! I especially like those door panels.
I'm not a huge fan of the "GTi" text on the dash, but the stereo and HVAC controls look really, really good. And those are some of the best road car door panels I've seen. Excellent work!
#6 - Phill
nice nice work!

btw, that exhaust looks really nice and polished?! mind sharing it?
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
I think he meant sharing the texture of the exhaust on the skin. I think I'll be using these for a good while. Good job!

Edit: Also, I think it'd please the crowd if you'd make a reverse of the GTi Inline 4 for the RHD people.
great work
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
#9 - bal00
Quote from overclocked412 :You must be using a browser that doesn't support thumbnails. They appear fine, they are clickable thumbnails, no fixing needed.

Displaying images inline is deactivated by default in this forum, so people who didn't change this (like me) will only see links to the thumbnails.
good job, the door panel look great!
ty
Those door panels are SO much better. The devs should use them as default.
nice job.XD
@ overclocked412
Really nice job ! Thank You for that mod, and THIS picture is really great, it reminded me of some feelings / to be accurate, the feeling when we are returning home on sunday evenings from my grandma , and the sky looks so damn good ! /
Realy nice!
More , more ! ^^
I like the doors.

Interiors do need a big overhaul, I wonder what Eric has up his sleeve...
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Great work! I feel like I'm driving the 2nd generation, 2006 Gti instead of an older version. The GTi logo on the dash really gives it that fresh, new gen feeling.
New Update with better improved headlights and chrome grille.

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/8882/newpic3hq.jpg
I noticed in the screenshot the grille looks pretty pixelized, its very clear in game, both were captured from very high res textures. (Let the high res LFS revolution live on! .)
Attached files
XF_Interior1.zip - 1.4 MB - 546 views
Did you improve the wiper arm too?? Or plan too?
Yes, but that is not something I have control over. Even in the stock non modified GTI, the leg goes into the dash, you have to take that up with the creators...
Really really really nice frontlights, but XFG looks like almera now.. Anyway, the best lights that i saw!! The door panels pretty cool too.

Cheers
REally nice thats it what i m looking for
Looks good
That was a useless bump.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG