The online racing simulator
Better signs for Blackwood
(106 posts, started )
Does anyone know which .dds files correspond to the sunny and evening skies for Blackwood? I'm having trouble finding them!
#27 - Jakg
not in the dds folder, in the pic folder, although i would like some better skies for BL!
Better Blackwood Ver1.0 released
Quote from Electrik Kar :Better Blackwood Ver1.0 released

Great,
I like especially the new "big" tyre with advert and new start/end "Blackwood".This is the best one with such a texture.Keep your good work.

I am going right now to install this replacement.
Many thanks.
-
(sil3ntwar) DELETED by sil3ntwar
Jakg

Wheeew... It's tough work trying to obtain high quality hemispherically friendly skies you know! (for free) Took a bit of working out too... :detective

Tell me what you think... This is just a bit of an experiment, but i'm happy with how things are working out atm. The evening sky now has more of an evening/sunset vibe than before. The clear sky is flooded with sun... Have a look below

Devil007

Cheers mate!
Attached images
clear.jpg
skies.jpg
the clear sky looks pretty good!
any chance of releasing it soon?
Great work youve done with the ads. The skys are looking good too
Your evening sky looks wicked. Your clear sky looks interesting.
you'r making it all so pretty, i'm well...you know

great work
Oh wow that Blackwood sign is 100% quality stuff :up: Great job on that!!!
I like that red evening sky.
#37 - Jakg
/me REALLY want that sky!
@Elektrik Kar,

Whats the resolution of your updated skies?I know that its only worth if the sky texture is minimal 2048*2048 resolution(as prooved Don`and Kid`s sky textures).

The daylight one looks nice but looking just at the screenshots dont say still too much.The evening one looks a bit too dark right now.Hope you will be able release another update soon.

As We can see there is 0 perfomance drop with updated hi-res textures.Hope Eric will have something official for final S2...he will have to have something for S3 thought.
Devil007,

Yes, they're 2048X2048. And yeah, I'm still working on both textures atm (just got home from Turkish course), trying to get them fitting as naturally into the game as possible. I'm experimenting with layering two different sky maps on top of each other, using a layer mask in Photoshop to blend different cloud elements together, ie- on the 'clear' sky, I want to add in some more cumulus (big fluffy ) cloud types from another texture, while still retaining the nice cirrus (long wispy) clouds. And in the evening sky, I want to lighten things up (as you suggest), tone down the cloud cover a bit and have a nice sunset, as atm the sun is too high in the sky to actually be seen. Basically have the skymap more accurately reflect the lighting in the game, that beautiful sunset gold.
Hang in there guys!

And thanks for all the great feedback. This is a great community to be involved in.

Now all I need's a licence! heh.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Devil007,

Yes, they're 2048X2048. And thanks for all the great feedback. This is a great community to be involved in.

Now all I need's a licence! heh.

Great,
np for providing the feedback to you.I think this is the best way to get nice looking result.Sorry If I give you too much feedback .I would like to work on the same as you and you could saw already I made a tests but I lack really some free time as I end lately in the work now so I am happy at home to have at least a rest.

Your work is apreciated,at least from my side as I am looking to have another updated textures from you running in my LFS.

Man,go for S2 so you can update as much as you can.I would love to have more hi-res textures from you
Here is a quick visual update of the blackwood evening texture; for anxious souls, and hopeless romantics... resent:
Attached images
eveningatblackwood.jpg
Loving the texture pack, nice one mate The evening sky also looks excellent, nice work! Now if only more people would race in the evening..
#43 - Jakg
where can i download those skies?
I think, its still WIP; so you cant download it yet.

Looking nice btw.
Electrik Kar you are a teaser
I want that red evening sky when its done.
It looks awesome
Quote from DEVIL 007 :As We can see there is 0 perfomance drop with updated hi-res textures.Hope Eric will have something official for final S2...he will have to have something for S3 thought.

Eric? He's waiting for us to finish texturing the tracks properly... Then starts sending us updated versions of his tracks, and asks us to texture them . I wouldn't mind that at all, gives him more time to model the tracks.
Alrighty. I put in a marathon effort to get the evening sky finished by tonight. I didn't want you guys to go away empty handed! I think you'll be pleased, it's actually come up better than I expected

If anyone can tell me how to upload a 12 meg file, you'll be first to have it

And here's a picture...
Attached images
sunset.jpg
Not Rapidshare, my ISP never works correctly with them illepall Megaupload works quite good for everyone though
Thanks silentwar,

uploading now...

Better signs for Blackwood
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG