The online racing simulator
Interested in G25/G27 racing only?
(10 posts, started )
Here's a chance to gather some G25/G27 fans (again) on a server that I can host on limited occasions. However, it would be fun to race with LFS fellas that are using the same hardware!

Rules are:
1. Use Logitech G25 (or G27)
2. Use full manual clutch (no auto-clutch)
3. Use H-box shifting (no paddles or auto-shifting)
4. Use Wheel compensation = 1.0 (dont know if this is a good rule yet?)

Additional conditions:
1. Host will only allow cockpit view, so full attention to mirrors is implicit.
2. Clean racing implicity.
4. Drive as you would IRL!

So, basically, it should attract you who are in it for the realism. This is only a test to see how many would be interested. I know there are other wheels out there that could do the same (Fanatec? ACT labs?) but dont know how they compare in-game.

If you are interested in this experiment and want a password to the server, let me know through a private message:

1. Your username
2. and what the label on the last row on the underside of your G25 says.

I know, very complicated, but I miss a filtering option in the on-line server settings ! If you comply with the above and think this is something you would like to try, I'll return further info to you!

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Hope to see you,
Ingolf (aka Broms)
My usernamen: libben

and my rig.

I am interested but I don't want to unmount my G25 from the desk now...
Ok, libben and Flame CZE, good to see some interest. I'll post the login details in private message. I will open up the server thursday 28th, around 15:00 (GMT +1) for a testrun. If you have no possibilities at that time, I'll see you on track later on.
I should be already back from school at this time tomorrow, so I'll try to join you.
I'm not having a g25/7 but what about other Wheels with h-shifter and three-way-pedalset. E.g. guys could have built something like this on their own. Would they be allowed to join or not. Again this is not counting for me, but I have an interest in knowing such things^^
@TFalke, well yes!
My main point is to gather fellow racers that prefer total realism over world-record breaking lap-times .

I'm not seeking exclusively for people with G25/G27, but rather people who uses, and enjoys, the full potential of LFS, i.e. no auto-clutch or sequential paddling... 3 pedal use and an H-shifter is the way to go!

@everybody else:
Today I set up a server with the name "G25 only full realism" or something similar. Initially, 3-4 racers joined, all claiming they had G25 and we had a few good, safe races with surprisingly similar driving styles. However, after a while (1 hour or so) people dropped in stating that "their brother had a G25" or "I have one, but I dont want to install it". So it became quite pointless. Race was eventually ruined by crashing cars all over. Server was public, so I saw no problem with it really. Didn't expect anything else.

This is just an experiment for those who like the idea of driving "IRL-style" including safety and situation awareness as well as a realistic wheel setup.
I bought a G25 4 months ago and snce then I never used paddle shifts again (no, I never drive GTRs or Formula cars). I came here fomr the oher thread about realistic controls and I'm very intersted in our server. is it still running?
is the server up ?

iam in when ever it is
Ok, guys, good to see further interest. Silverarrow, I'll check your LFSlapper options quite soon... looks exactly what I'm looking for, but have little experience in those scripts. Still got to learn a lot regarding server options

Also, I'll set up a server tonight (01/30) at 23:00 (GMT+1). PM me if you dont have the password already!

Server closed due to lack of interest... (23:30 GMT+1)

Open up again sunday 31/1: 23:00 (GMT+1)

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG