The online racing simulator
yeah, now THAT i call a kitchen!
Welcome to the first kitchen developement progress report thread. Nothing quite like expanding your interests.

And we got what we wanted to hear anyway:
Quote from scawen :
So there won't be any significant progress to mention any time soon. It's more research and testing for some features and well known parts of LFS that need to be improved for S2 final.

So that'll be sound, tyre physics and leather-clad pit girls then then? Excellent.

Quote from WorldFamous : It's only a matter of time before we're all exchanging torque wrench setups.

I better get to work on an "easy twist" setup pack then.
researching pit girls must be fun but what will your g/f think!
Quote from Scawen :Well apparently life is like coding

still need to work on those priorities. Please rest a bit more till you get that sentence just right. then start working on getting it wrong all over again
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Bob Smith :So that'll be sound, tyre physics and leather-clad pit girls then then?

lol, I know theres only one feature that I'm sure we all think is integral to S2's overall performance, sim quality and eyecandy there...

Edit:
:up: on the kitchen report Scawen, nice to know you're [all] taking it easy
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if you want a progress report load lfs.exe

thats your progress report.

the whole freakin lfs is a progress report.

anyone wants to get busy, how about counting the amount of public builds since 0.04 ? all patches etc.
then get that number and check the amount of times people like kunos or isi games or simbin or westracing or iracing post about their games.
youll see that even just with actions and no words lfs crushes everything else as far as progress showing...
besides, scawen, as aim already set the goals for S2 so its not like he would say anything really new. its work thats left ahead not creative writing.
Although, just like u , i'de like a oneliner here and there, just saying "physics are progressing nicely" and "please excuse the mirrored texture" and maybe dreaming, who knows, one or two max renders from eric, with the caption "digital image taken from live for speed".

BRAWL

ps: this post is dedicated to richard towler. get well, sick bastard.

I must say that is very well put, totally agree.

I'm just glad to hear that the devs are actually relaxing and enjoying their holidays, that's good news. Everyone needs to rest.
From what I gathered, LFS S2 final will be so full featured, it will include a kitchen sink.

Hah hah hah....

When will we get screenshots of the kitchen?
screens? WE WANT VIDS!
@ "progress report"...

Scawen, just wondering, but what bike do you own? And what does it need for its MOT?

Sorry for being nosey, but i too have to spend a sh!t load of cash on my bike. It needs new piston/rings and a new clutch, aswell as new brake pads..

Would be cheaper to go and buy another bike, but my last decent one got nicked by some peice of sh!t. :mad:
Quote from RudiTurbo :When will we get screenshots of the kitchen?

ROFL screenshots
You mean photos?

anyway, I'd vote for video either
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Scawen, just wondering, but what bike do you own? And what does it need for its MOT?

Here's some screenies of my ZX-6R. These pics are several years ago - it looks the same now but more scratched. It's 10 years old, 78000 miles on the clock, 100 bhp, 180 kg, very nice.

Nothing wrong with it this year for the MOT, just needed a clean, i'm sure it will pass, haven't done many miles since last year! Brakes are all good...
Attached images
bike_1.jpg
bike_2.jpg
Kitchen progress report...
Two more OT pics for you. Slow progress trying to be able to switch off mains water supply.

One, this pavement tap won't turn, even with these two spanners on my socket set extension... if i turn any harder i think the pipe will break! :mad:

Two, this is the hole i've dug out today, it was filled in with stones and mud up to the level! The last few inches have taken a long time - i can only get a pinch of dirt each time. But now i can see a tap!

I hope i can turn this tap (stopcock) when i try tomorrow! That will be great because i'll be able to fit a nice new stopcock on the rising main in the kitchen... and finally can start on the worktop, sink and cupboards.
Attached images
no_good.jpg
arm_in_hole.jpg
Nice bike, you need a belly pan on it though me thinks to finish the streetfigher look.

Im guessing you crashed it, as it seems to have lost the fairing..

Thought you would have some brand spanking ducati or something, guess your not that rich after all.

As long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters though!

[edit] Man this is cool - A day in the life of scawen roberts.. LMAO.
The GOD himself!! :bowdown:
Very nice reports Scawen!

Nice guys that you are having some relax from LFS-related things.
haha scawen looks like my oldman :lol:
This is the best thread since the start of this new forum

great fun to read some post of your real life Scawen. It gives a personal touch to LFS
Quote from Scawen :One, this pavement tap won't turn, even with these two spanners on my socket set extension... if i turn any harder i think the pipe will break! :mad:

Two, this is the hole i've dug out today, it was filled in with stones and mud up to the level! The last few inches have taken a long time - i can only get a pinch of dirt each time. But now i can see a tap!

I hope i can turn this tap (stopcock) when i try tomorrow! That will be great because i'll be able to fit a nice new stopcock on the rising main in the kitchen... and finally can start on the worktop, sink and cupboards.

good luck for the betatesting.
is that marijuana i spot ?

thanks for the pics, makes the wait so much easier.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :is that marijuana i spot ?

In the first pic?

Dont be silly, if there was any dope in the front garden, all the kids would have dug it up a long time ago.
Your hands are dirty!!!! Well, gloves. I have the same gloves :P

Seriously, for the tap. Try WD40 or similar product. "Penetrating Oil" is what you're looking for. Leave the tap over night with plenty on the joints and pivots etc. In the morning, with luck, you might be able to turn it.

Another methods to try (either before or after the WD40 method) is to get some Pipe Freezer. This stuff is used by plumbers to freeze a section of pipe, so they can cut it out, without worrying about turning off the mains. Yuo can either use this to carry out the work in the house, or spray it on the joint. In much the same way that heating a nut and bolt works, so does freezing it. I assure you it won't cause any damage.

You might however (cause some, or recieve some when you slip and cut your knuckles).

Hope this helps. If not post again (or PM me - just fancy that, a PM from a Dev!!!!! I'd never close my PM box again...).
Haha, Scawen the hard working man! Thanx for the pics, put a big smile on my face!
Quote from L(Oo)ney :In the first pic?

Dont be silly, if there was any dope in the front garden, all the kids would have dug it up a long time ago.

i was being silly, but it was obviously aimed at pic 2
Lol, awesome pics.

Scawen you need to eat more. I'll buy another S2 license so you can go to an all-you-can eat buffet. But then again I don't want to slow down your agile coding fingers. Maybe just an S1 license then so you can go to KFC and get some greasy chicken.
ROFL everytime I see a pic of scawen he looks totally different:
one in highscool boy style when he was working at Lionhead, then like a lion, and now like a rocker

Enjoing this thread, keep the stuff coming

And good luck with the pipe!
This thread is closed

How about a KITCHEN progress report?
(510 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG