The online racing simulator
Leds not working on G27
(36 posts, started )
Leds not working on G27
Hi everybody,

Does anybody knows any way to make work the G27 LEDS on Live For Speed? It works well on rfactor but I cant make work it on LFS. Maybe is necessary any kind of patch? is not released yet?

Thanks all
are you using Z or Z28? i don't have one, but word has it they work in the newer versions.
I think I am using yet the Z25 :chair: due to problems whith the installer of the Z28. Maybe that's why it doesnt work

When I upgrade to the last version I'll tell you if it works

Thank you
I'm using Z28, but leds not works, so +1 for 1st question.
Same here. I updated to Z28 but it does not work
So, nobody knows?
i have been trying to figure out a way to get them workin, but im not the best with the programming.
i did find 2 things in the logitech SDK for the LEDs.
i just need to figure out how to get the RPM data sent to wheel

#ifndef LOGI_LEDS_H_INCLUDED_
#define LOGI_LEDS_H_INCLUDED_

#define DIRECTINPUT_VERSION 0x0800
#include <dinput.h>

namespace LogitechSteeringWheel
{
CONST DWORD ESCAPE_COMMAND_LEDS = 0;

CONST DWORD LEDS_VERSION_NUMBER = 0x00000001;

struct LedsRpmData
{
FLOAT currentRPM;
FLOAT rpmFirstLedTurnsOn;
FLOAT rpmRedLine;
};

struct WheelData
{
DWORD size;
DWORD versionNbr;
LedsRpmData rpmData;
};

class Leds
{
public:
HRESULT Play(CONST LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE8 device, CONST FLOAT currentRPM, CONST FLOAT rpmFirstLedTurnsOn, CONST FLOAT rpmRedLine);

private:
};
}

#endif // LOGI_LEDS_H_INCLUDED_

#include "LogiLeds.h"
#include "crtdbg.h"

using namespace LogitechSteeringWheel;

HRESULT Leds::Play(CONST LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE8 device, CONST FLOAT currentRPM, CONST FLOAT rpmFirstLedTurnsOn, CONST FLOAT rpmRedLine)
{
if (NULL == device)
{
return E_POINTER;
}

WheelData wheelData_;
ZeroMemory(&wheelData_, sizeof(wheelData_));

wheelData_.size = sizeof(WheelData);
wheelData_.versionNbr = LEDS_VERSION_NUMBER;
wheelData_.rpmData.currentRPM = currentRPM;
wheelData_.rpmData.rpmFirstLedTurnsOn = rpmFirstLedTurnsOn;
wheelData_.rpmData.rpmRedLine = rpmRedLine;

DIEFFESCAPE data_;
ZeroMemory(&data_, sizeof(data_));

data_.dwSize = sizeof(DIEFFESCAPE);
data_.dwCommand = ESCAPE_COMMAND_LEDS;
data_.lpvInBuffer = &wheelData_;
data_.cbInBuffer = sizeof(wheelData_);

return device->Escape(&data_);
}

I'm new here, just I'm surprised, LFS is opensource?
No.

That code posted is the Logi SDK for the LED's.

ABK: Is there a C# SDK there? If so, once the new LFS external comes out, it should be easy for someone to kick one out.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :ABK: Is there a C# SDK there? If so, once the new LFS external comes out, it should be easy for someone to kick one out.

im not sure, very new to all this
here is the SDK if you want to look
Attached files
Logitech_SDK_For_PC_1.00.002.zip - 819.8 KB - 582 views
Anyway, it's not complicated to move from C++ to C#
Did anybody get that work? How? I dont know anything about programming
Quote from Wirreslink :Did anybody get that work? How? I dont know anything about programming

I've also got the G27, but couldn't bring the LEDs to work.. Im not good at scripting, too...

If anyone could help out.. now is the right spot.. hehe
Honestly, after looking at that SDK posted, it effectively requires you to re-implement your controllers with their simplified DInput methods... something I doubt Scawen will do.

Although, theoretically we could finally implement the limited wheel turn.. Although it'd haffto be by someone a bit more skilled than I.
AnyBodyKilla,

where did you get this SDK and am i allowed to use it?

Edit: Found it, its included in the gaming software package.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Honestly, after looking at that SDK posted, it effectively requires you to re-implement your controllers with their simplified DInput methods... something I doubt Scawen will do.

Although, theoretically we could finally implement the limited wheel turn.. Although it'd haffto be by someone a bit more skilled than I.

How did you get that idea? To me it simply looks like sending hardware commands to the wheel.

Here, that's how it looks with C#/SlimDX:

Now if I had a G27 I might've played around with that a little, but alas, I don't
Attached images
joyEscape.png
Hm, then maybe I don't know how to read... or I read too much, becuase they provide a shit-tonne of functions for actually implementing and reading from devices (Logitech or not).

Although, I don't see why now you couldn't (that you have this) send the wheel property stuff to implement the wheel rotation stuff. It's there, I'm just too noob to do it

Even though I spent the last few months dealing with.. *shock*.. USB HID devices.
im trying to get the LED's working but haven't been that successful. i did get them to receive data from LFS but it wasn't right. they light up to the red line before it suppose too lol
it turns out since as new as i am, im not sure i can get this to work. I ended added input by the pedal ingame but not the rpm lol. well that said if anyone would like to help learn on how to get the data out i think i maybe able to pull something off:something
I really believe that this feature will be added in next LFS patch, coz there only one normal way.
sorry for the bump, but wouldnt it be really easy to get an insim program to just output the data to the wheel, and have that do the lighting up

you can get RPM's from insim, so i dont see the difficulty honestly
Quote from logitekg25 :sorry for the bump, but wouldnt it be really easy to get an insim program to just output the data to the wheel, and have that do the lighting up

you can get RPM's from insim, so i dont see the difficulty honestly

shouldn't have to though... the rest of the wheel is supported by lfs, so i think the solution should be that lfs includes proper support for the wheel.
I wonder, is it possible to control the leds in the same way on the DPF too? I don't really have much time to study the API, but if it's possible, I might give it a try at some point. At least it will finally orce me to learn some Win32 API
Wirres, I think that we have to wait.

Early in 2011 haha
as anyone suceeded?

Leds not working on G27
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG