The online racing simulator
Ok, where are these animations ? As you can see in the pics ,the hands grab the wheel in z25 and z27 the same way.
Attached images
hands.JPG
hands2.JPG
Quote from Ger Roady :Ok, where are these animations ? As you can see in the pics ,the hands grab the wheel in z25 and z27 the same way.

Yep you're right, thanks for double-checking and reporting
Quote from Ger Roady :Ok, where are these animations ? As you can see in the pics ,the hands grab the wheel in z25 and z27 the same way.

The animation files are in the data\move folder. Z25 or Z27 LFS.exe makes no difference, only the .ban files.
aha...........................
Quote from KanseiDneova :I downloaded the Z25 to Z27 installer and when I did that I ran the installer and extracted to the same folder. Update was successful but now I get 2 LFS shortcuts on desktop and 2 LFS folders in the program files menu, labeled Live for Speed and Live for Speed (2). I'm running Windows XP SP2 64 bit here. Both shortcuts run Z27 just fine.

This sounds strange - are you sure you did not install the full version twice? Because the (2) shortcuts should only appear if you do another full install. This is the first time we've heard that a patch install somehow got into that "double install" support function designed for the full version.

EDIT : We now have another instance of this - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1315538#post1315538
Quote from Scawen :The animation files are in the data\move folder. Z25 or Z27 LFS.exe makes no difference, only the .ban files.

Are you sure you included the correct files with Z27? Because the animation still looks like it's for a smaller wheel
Quote from Napalm Candy :Continuing with some translation problems.. really is a person who translates?

You have to wait to the next patch, Dexterr is working in a new/better version that you didn't see yet
Quote from Scawen :This sounds strange - are you sure you did not install the full version twice? Because the (2) shortcuts should only appear if you do another full install. This is the first time we've heard that a patch install somehow got into that "double install" support function designed for the full version.

I got 2 shortcuts when updating too (I checked box to create shortcuts because I thought it wouldn't create these another time if they're present). And got it both times, when updating from 25Z to 26Z and from 26Z to 27Z. I use W7 x64
can you check if there's a file called InstallLFS.info in your LFS folder? And if so, can you open it with notepad and tell me what it says?
Quote from Victor :can you check if there's a file called InstallLFS.info in your LFS folder? And if so, can you open it with notepad and tell me what it says?

Sure, it says:

Live for Speed (2)
LFS (2)

thanks and that's the only (installer-installed) LFS you have?
Quote from Victor :thanks and that's the only (installer-installed) LFS you have?

Yes, but earlier I had one installed in other dir, then uninstalled it and installed this one.
Only a question:

LFS installer detects from where we are, isn't it?

Then Spanish (español) language must be selected by default for Spain, instead of international spanish

By the way, international spanish really is machine traduction
Z28 test (two fixes)
Here is a Z28 exe, fixing the two LFS.exe issues that were found.

- Could not join S1 or S2 host after unlocking from Multiplayer screen
report by alxf1 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1315322#post1315322

- Multiple host passwords are now stored for local network hosts (by ip and port)
report by adamshl : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1315093#post1315093

If this works well then we'll be ready to try a hopefully final Z28 installer with some fixes Victor has done today.

EDIT - file removed - an updated Z28 is now available : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1315740#post1315740
Quote from Scawen :The animation files are in the data\move folder. Z25 or Z27 LFS.exe makes no difference, only the .ban files.

Quote from morpha :Are you sure you included the correct files with Z27? Because the animation still looks like it's for a smaller wheel

Maybe Scawen didn't saw your post, or the "changed" animations are not visible with any Z-Patch
when i install this z27, i must unlock my lfs, and i lost one from three voucher codes?
Quote from morpha :Are you sure you included the correct files with Z27? Because the animation still looks like it's for a smaller wheel

Quote from Ger Roady :Maybe Scawen didn't saw your post, or the "changed" animations are not visible with any Z-Patch

OK I've found out what's going wrong. The "old" RA in in the public version uses the lx animations.

The "new" RA with a new setup for the new physics uses its own animations.

So those animations I included have no effect at all. Sorry for the confusion.

It's not an easy change to make because the driver sits higher in the new version as well. For now we just need to delete the animations from the patch.
Quote from SanSebi :when i install this z27, i must unlock my lfs, and i lost one from three voucher codes?

Unlocking the game client has nothing to do with voucher codes (the ones used to purchase a licence). If you somehow used an actual voucher for unlocking a different LFS account, you're doing it wrong. Unlocks and vouchers are completely separate, and you get more unlocks every week up to a maximum of 2.
Quote from SanSebi :when i install this z27, i must unlock my lfs, and i lost one from three voucher codes?

Do you know that every friday, your unlocks available increase (up to 2) ?

So you will never run out of unlocks. LFS is not a product that you can only unlock 3 times.

I increased everyone's unlocks to 2 when Z27 was released.
Limited as in infinite?
Quote from Ger Roady :I am a little scared to lock my lfs because of the limited amount of unlocks.

OK, I have increased your unlocks to 3 again so you can test that fix. Thanks.
Hmm in German it says " Only one unlock per week possible !

In English it says " Only demo content will be avaible !
Attached images
unlock.JPG
unlock2.JPG
Can you tell me what that should really say in good German? I think it should be corrected, but mein Deutsch ist nicht gut.
"Diese Live for Speed Installation wird auf den Inhalt der Demoversion beschränkt!" would be the most accurate I can think of.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z27 (installer test + minor updates)
(105 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG