The online racing simulator
LED Outgauge. Build your OWN!
(141 posts, started )
Sorry to wake up this "kinda" old thread, but I need help.
I've decided to have a go at this. The hardware build is correct (at least I believe so) but when I plug it and start LFS... nothing happens.
Since I can't download the software on this thread I tried to use Juxas' (http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... mp;highlight=led+outgauge) program but as I said above nothing happens. It's like LFS isn't sending the information it should be sending.
Anyway, what I'm asking here is if somebody could please re-post Gegry's software on Rapidshare or something so I could have a try on it, or if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong (if I need another program besides this one). I've spent quite some time on this and I don't want to throw it all away.
Thanks! But I have another problem now...
I've tried the "Test all leds" and they're not working... I believe it's something with my building so it's back to the drawing board.
Try to set settings in BIOS like ECP+EPP...
i'm working on Z25 compapitility
The Bios is set like that, just checked.
I'm out of ideas of why it isn't working, I've tested my hardware and it seems to be working like it should, tested the program and it is getting data from LFS. I'm really out of ideas as why it wont work.
Anyway, I'm attaching pics of my hardware if it can be of any help:
Attached images
IMG_3190.JPG
IMG_3191.JPG
I'm using XP.
I've tested an old HP Deskjet 600 printer to test the port, and it worked perfectly. So I'm fairly sure now that my problem is with the LEDs (I got them from my crappy steering wheel). But thanks for the feedback Gegry .
But that controlling windows, try to use that software what i linked.
Sometimes need to unlock LPT port in Windows XP!
Finally discovered what was wrong: the LEDs.
I know that because I bought new ones aaaaaaaaand they work!
I don't have a camera here atm, but hopefully tonight I'll get you pics .
hahaha epic
i working on analog gauges, anyone can help me?
Hey Gegry1992, Its possible to you to make the program capable to read a txt, and there the config of every car, so the led config changes automatically for each car ?
Yes But i need to rewrite
does this thing work with the new patch ?
No , its outdated
Is it compatible with the Momo's leds?
I want to do that, but I don't have LPT ports. Can you give some data to make with a USB and a microcontroller?
i'm working on
Quote from Gegry1992 :i'm working on

Bump

How it all going??

Any update's for Z28.....Would be great to use this again(It's unfortunately collecting dust on top my cupboard )

P.s...If only I knew how to make this kind of software myself
20% atm its too hard for me i need help for microcontrollers
Why do you need microcontrollers for this? Are you trying to implement support for usb? I've had some programming in C and ASM for microcontrollers (mostly pic's) in my school, but I don't think I remember much of it though.
Yes i need microcontroller for 100% compatibility
LPT port is very unstable and peoples 90% dont have it
Hi,

great Tool an nice Idea of connecting the LEDs directly with LPT-Port. Is there already a working LPT-Version for current Patch or are you concentrating on the USB-Version only? As far as i'm concernend i would prefer a LPT Version because i don't have to many USB-Ports and LPT-Port is unused. So maybe there are two Versions possible?

Regards

KampfSchneggy
it wouild be nice to get a mychron4 to work with lfs and iracing and stuff
anyone got an idea how to make that work ?

LED Outgauge. Build your OWN!
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG