The online racing simulator
Multi-monitor crash
(6 posts, started )
Multi-monitor crash
Just trying the new patch with multi monitor setup. I have my display set to "Dual View" which means I get my desktop extended to the left onto another monitor.

I'm using Full Screen in LFS. I switched on the option to use 2 monitors in LFS' options but my main display just showed a distorted image (like squashed onto the one monitor). So I switched to Windowed display (ALT-F4) and stretched it between the two. Immediately I got a crash to desktop.

My graphics card is an nVidia 8800GTS, driver 191.07 WHQL under WinXP Pro SP3.

Any ideas how I get it working in LFS?
Extending the desktop is not enough. You need to set it so that you only see one monitor in Windows. It's called horizontal span in the driver settings I think.
Ah I see. I think I'll leave it then because that will mess up the other software I use.
Nice try though. Pity it isn't flexible.

(edit) - I just tried it, indeed my setup with the likes of Adobe Lightroom etc. are messed up with the Horizontal Span and its a pain to get back. So I'll stick to one monitor with LFS. Perhaps the devs might consider adding more modes.

In fact the MOST annoying thing when changing modes is that all my icons get messed up and slung over to the left hand side of the screen. AAARRGHH!!!!!! :scared:
i read that with Vista or Win 7 you can't span your screens. Do you have a solution?

I have a 19"-24"-19" setup but I only get it working on the left screen+a part of the middle screen, the rest remains black, also does LFS respond very slow, or not at all, when I go to window mode the game crashes...

I have softTH and also the latest nvidia drivers, maybe someone can paste his config file here aswell or PM it to me

I have Win 7 64bit
Quote from Liquid Li0n :I have softTH and also the latest nvidia drivers, maybe someone can paste his config file here aswell or PM it to me

Here is mine.
It's for the 1.09 rc1 version. Get it here if you haven't already.

Sidescreen resolution is set to 1280x1024.
I also changed uploadMethod to d3d (default is blit) and forceAffinity to 1 (multi-core support, default 0). Otherwise it has the default settings.
Attached files
SoftTH.zip - 1.6 KB - 170 views
I tried it with the cfg file and became further. In game i choose the 2232x768 resolution, with was not good but it was 3 screens, but I couldn't click anything so I had to kill LFS

I also tried to stretch the windowed mode over 2 screen (3 makes it crash) and that is nice to see but not the real thing, especially not because you see the titlebar etc...

Could it be because my left screen is connected to the other card and the middle and right screen to the same video card?

But 2 screen is already enough for me. So what do I need to do to activate it in-game and full screen, because when I use window mode, an extra option, "screen widths" appears, when I adjust it and do shift+f4 to go full screen, it is only my middle screen thats active and the option is gone.

I added a screenshot for you to see
Attached images
3screensactive-1screendisplayed.jpg

Multi-monitor crash
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG