The online racing simulator
STATEMENT: Using Advanced Drivers Under Other Accounts or Permission
Hello all:

We are investigating a serious breach of GTAL 2010 regulations following evidence brought to our attention following the Test Race 0a.

We have reason to believe and evidence to support that a team used a driver who would be considered an "Advanced Driver" while that driver was using another account which gave an illusion of no experience.

We will consider any "Advanced Driver" on a case-by-case basis to determine whether or not they may race. But circumventing the rule in this manner is simply inexcusable and a pure breach of our regulations.

When we come to a final decision on penalties for this, and all relevant parties have had thier say, we will post more details on this.

Regards,
New Dimension Racing
That is one of the saddest things I've heard. I wish you luck with deciding what to do and being able to figure things out; I can't imaging a penalty too harsh for this form of cheating.
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by dekojester : extraneous discussions
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : extraneous discussions
Such stuff makes me speechless.
Tommy, I told you it won't work out.
Just kidding, its frustrating that people is cheating in things like this.
-
(J@tko) DELETED by dekojester : extraneous discussions
***hmmm***
Quote from NO KILL :Just as a short notice, due to big working load in private business. GSR have given away account to demo racers before, so please don't judge before all facts has been presented.

What the hell are you on about?
Quote from [no]Kill :Just as a short notice, due to big working load in private business. GSR have given away account to demo racers before, so please don't judge before all facts has been presented.

We have information available to us that is considered full facts. We have used this to make a provisional assessment. This is served as a warning that we do not tolerate these actions and that we are investigating the matter. We did not post who the teams were for a reason. We do not appreciate you assuming we're already lynching those who we believe are responsible.

The matter is undergoing internal discussions with involved parties at this time. We are awaiting the facts as the other side sees them. We have one side, and we have data that supports a certain conclusion. We await word from who we are awaiting it from.

We will not post an official conclusion until all sides have been heard from and considered. We are taking this matter seriously, and appreciate it if everyone else does as well.
-
(z-ro 8) DELETED by dekojester : extraneous discussions
Addition: Thread will be closed until further notice. We will open if we need to.

I have cleaned up extraneous joking posts.
Hi.
As you all know by now, the big fail in the GTAL test race.
I can't say it anyway else, but heck. I did it. :/
I did it to have fun with some friends, but as it was a GTAL race I couldn't race since I had raced MoE and IGTC before. But I didn't know before tonight that there were alowed for guesst team :S Sorry about that.

I ain't that good at this, but I just have to say that I really ****ed it HARDCORE up, and made a goooooood handfull + many more really dissepointed I think.

I got what I've deserved from my pre-team and I know why.
Now you all know that it was me, that drove in GTAL.

"Just give it to me":chair:
Hello: We regret to inform everyone that after investigations, and following those confirmations from the suspect driver, that we will be imposing the following:

An Indefinite / Permanent Exclusion from ALL New Dimension Racing Events

On:

Griffin SimRacing Team
Ken Sørvig-Johansen ([NO]Kill)
Bård L. Heitmann (bluejudas
)
Kjetil Brusveen (buzzn)
Kim Andre Gjerde (Gjerde and go_carter)
The [NO]Ben account used

For the severe transgression of several rules and codes of conduct during the Test Race:

Using an Advanced Driver without permission
Using an Advanced Driver under a different account
Using a driver not on the teams official roster
Unsporting Behaviour
Committing Actions Detrimental to the group of New Dimension Racing, the Sonicrealms Racing Team, the simulator Live for Speed, and Online Simulated Motor Racing in general.
Conspiring to commit a breach of the above
Falsification of evidence and false statements regarding the situation.

In addition, the Griffin SimRacing Result from Round 0a Is hereby nullified (DSQ).

New Dimension Racing does not tolerate these actions, and we sincerely hope to never have to repeat this process ever again.

We would like to extend our gratitude to Sonicrealms racing for bringing the discrepancies noted by them to our attention to commence the investigation. There were discrepancies noted outside of the test race, including IRC usage, and server usage. We matched IP addresses, IRC host masks, and with the aid of a Sonicrealms driver, were able to find matches in driving style that supported the decision of the advanced driver being used.

It should also be mentioned that no member of Sonicrealms Racing had any involvement in the decision to use the advanced driver: That decision is solely in the hands of the drivers listed in this exclusion notice.

We thank Mr. Gjerde for his statement and confession.

Regards,
Jonathan and the rest of the NDR team
-
(pik_d) DELETED by dekojester : spam
Bård L. Heitmann (bluejudas) Didn't know anything about this so please keep him out please. No more then the once that I drove into this is gonne get punished.
Quote from Gjerde :Bård L. Heitmann (bluejudas) Didn't know anything about this so please keep him out please. No more then the once that I drove into this is gonne get punished.

The exclusion is for all members of the team as listed at time of occurance. There is an avenue in the NDR Sporting Code which states that exclusions may be appealed. Please instruct any personnel who were not involved to submit an official appeal to contact@newdimensionracing.com stating their LFSWorld Name, and their justification for why their penalty should be overturned.
Sonicrealms Racing would like to make it clear that we had no knowledge at all of this prior to the event, and do not tolerate cheating at all by any of our drivers.

We have removed Gjerde from the team and we are as disappointed as the whole community about this. I would hope that our diligence is finding the evidence required and bringing it to the attention of NDR will hopefully go some way to reassuring the community that SR stands for the highest morals and will always try our best to uphold our ethos of clean and fair racing.

As most of you know, we have been going since the very beginning of LFS, and we have worked extremely hard to build our reputation, but situations like this can seriously damage any teams reputation, so I would hope that if any teams thinks twice before trying to cheat, that at least some good can come from this sorry affair
That's sad, and I don't really understand those people who try to cheat, but if I remember correctly, wasn't Gjerde quite fast himself? Why would he need a better driver?
I just don't see any fun, if you don't really earn the points yourself, and then there is no point to race, really.

Anyway, good luck!
Gratz to organizers for finding this out and solving the problem.
-
My appologize to NDR and LFS comunity (Buzzn) DELETED by Buzzn
Quote from jasonmatthews :Sonicrealms Racing would like to make it clear that we had no knowledge at all of this prior to the event, and do not tolerate cheating at all by any of our drivers.

We have removed Gjerde from the team and we are as disappointed as the whole community about this. I would hope that our diligence is finding the evidence required and bringing it to the attention of NDR will hopefully go some way to reassuring the community that SR stands for the highest morals and will always try our best to uphold our ethos of clean and fair racing.

As most of you know, we have been going since the very beginning of LFS, and we have worked extremely hard to build our reputation, but situations like this can seriously damage any teams reputation, so I would hope that if any teams thinks twice before trying to cheat, that at least some good can come from this sorry affair

If it makes you feel better, I've always thought you were an upstanding team, and my feelings haven't changed. Gjerde's conduct is his own, and to me, it doesn't reflect on SR in any way whatsoever. I very much doubt that your team's reputation will be tarnished.
Quote from tmehlinger :If it makes you feel better, I've always thought you were an upstanding team, and my feelings haven't changed. Gjerde's conduct is his own, and to me, it doesn't reflect on SR in any way whatsoever. I very much doubt that your team's reputation will be tarnished.

+1

It's good that you made the statement, but we all know SR wouldn't pull a trick like that.
Mr. [NO]Kill:

I suggest that you please think before you post posts like you had posted, before I deleted them. You are welcome to post here in reaction, providing you keep the posts clean and without attacking anyone or calling anyone an idiot, etc.

Regards,
dekojester
Sad to see people still cheat. I think looking at it the LFS community is the most friendly community there is nowadays in public forums. Why in the world you wanna do that ?. Whats the benefit out of it ?. Its supposed to be a game were we enjoy our selfs after a hard day work or study, well at least I am. People need to take LFS a bit less serious and start enjoying the game for once. Sure racing for victory is what we do but try to enjoy that.

Anyway our view regarding SR will remain. SR is a great bunch and didnt desirve this at all. Its a 2 man deal and thats it. SR shouldnt be involved as far as we are concerned. Shame for the team who has been kicked from all NDR but a fair judgement. Maybe this will set a example what becomes of cheating. 2 people been put out of a team, a team has been put out any NDR event. All this because you had to win ?.
wtf, have I cheated!! That is great, my friend robbed a bank so the police decided to arrest me just in case I am a bad guy Instead of banning all people in GSR you just have to ban drivers if they drive under the GSR team flag. And if you want to ban individual drivers it should be done based on facts not just because they happen to be in a team that has other members that cheated!!

But of curse its your league and you are entitle to ban people on your own term. You could ban people if they have the same color on their car as the one who cheated

btw, I did not even know that GSR was in GTAL The last year or so i have just been involved in rallyx and developing an rallyx insim application

~b
An example have been stated. Next step Alcatraz :inq::smash::bullwhip:
Quote from bluejudas :wtf, have I cheated!! That is great, my friend robbed a bank so the police decided to arrest me just in case I am a bad guy Instead of banning all people in GSR you just have to ban drivers if they drive under the GSR team flag. And if you want to ban individual drivers it should be done based on facts not just because they happen to be in a team that has other members that cheated!!

But of curse its your league and you are entitle to ban people on your own term. You could ban people if they have the same color on their car as the one who cheated

btw, I did not even know that GSR was in GTAL The last year or so i have just been involved in rallyx and developing an rallyx insim application

~b

As I perhaps should have stated in the exclusion statement post, that all persons listed on the teams roster at the time, specifically team Manager and Vice-Manager (which you were listed as) were included in the exclusion.

As was posted earlier, if you did indeed have no idea whatsoever of the plan and were not involved at the time and can offer us some proof as to that side, we will more than likely amend or lift the exclusion. To do so, you must send an email to contact@newdimensionracing.com stating such.

We do not enjoy having to ban people, we do not like it. I personally find it a bother and a distraction from actually running the races. But, unfortunately, there are some who decide that contravening the rules is the way to go, which sadly forces us to occasionally have to add someone to the probation or exclusions list.
The fact is that CD didnt do this.

But yeah, I can be a "vitness" that Bluejudas hasnt been active within GSR for any time, during the last half year (well... the whole time that he have been in GSR :P).

So Bluejudas dont have anything to do with this really. Im from Norway, and as know these guys, so I know this ^^

Just my words. The punishments is well deserved though, and Im happy that NDR takes cheating this serious. Good work.

-Tommy
Quote from dekojester :

We do not enjoy having to ban people, we do not like it. I personally find it a bother and a distraction from actually running the races. But, unfortunately, there are some who decide that contravening the rules is the way to go, which sadly forces us to occasionally have to add someone to the probation or exclusions list.

What I don't like is that some people can think that I am a cheater!! It would be more clean to shame the people that was actually involved and ban the team on a general basis. I don't like being called out as a cheater when I am not! I am sure it was not your intention, but when I am listed in a post and are banned, people may think that I have cheated!! I obviously don't like being shamed like that when I am not involved in any way!! If you have any evidence proving that I have cheated then you have to be working for the same CIA-team that proved that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction :P

~b
-
(peterules) DELETED by peterules : pointless post tbh
Allrighty, that's enough of it from you.

I'll close this now.

I cannot believe that someone can be as vitriolic as the recent posts have been.

I will let this all process in my head and deal with it later....after I've had sleep.

I will never, for the life of me, understand how some can be this way.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG