The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :If the dds is a fail the interior would be white too.

its just the same old bug, which happens very rarely, and dissapears after restarting lfs.
Quote from N.OzolS :its just the same old bug, which happens very rarely, and dissapears after restarting lfs.

Yup
Quote from geeman1 :Then people without H-shifters wouldn't know what the gear is.

Bad luck , based on the info about the cars of lfs and the year they are based

they dont have a gear indicator, is the same about the red light to shift up

and dont come to the "H shifter" is ridicules that argument
in z22 i got a weird bug in south city:S the wheel goes trough the asphalt

some pics...
Attached images
lfs_00000026.jpg
lfs_00000027.jpg
lfs_00000028.jpg
lfs_00000029.jpg
lfs_00000030.jpg
Quote from Inouva :Bad luck , based on the info about the cars of lfs and the year they are based

and dont come to the "H shisfter" is ridicules that argument

In real life you can place your hand on shifter to know what gear you are in, in LFS you can't, that's why gear indicator is needed.
Quote from Napalm Candy :Anyone had tried or has the same error that I mentioned some post ago?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1295057#post1295057

-Start a new race with a FBM and another different car (like XFG, or what you want, not FBM)
-Put on the FBM using TAB, modify the custom view (not the in car view)
-Press TAB two times to go again to FBM view
-The changes made in custom view of FBM don't save, and show the default view for FBM custom view.
-The problem occurs when change beetwen one diferent car of FBM, and only the problem it is related with FBM
- Command /view save, don't solve this 'bug'.

I tried as you said, with two AI cars: a XRG and a FBM.
I changed the custom view of the FBM, leaved the options, pressed tab twice, and the view was the same, so no problem here...

Does anyone except you have this bug?
Quote from geeman1 :It could be that large amount of successive UDP packets messes up your router, which causes everything to lag after that. Does everything else lag too after you run Z22? You could also try if some other similar thing in other programs causes the same. Any game with a server browser should do it, they probably use a system similar to Z22's system.

Tried rFactor online - totally Ok, ping is super low. And with LFS it' ok tooo.But I can feel that the problem will be back again.

How can it be fixed?
Quote from Inouva :Bad luck , based on the info about the cars of lfs and the year they are based
and dont come to the "H shifter" is ridicules that argument

The shift light is different. You don't need it to know when to shift, it was only there to help out. No matter what hardware you own, you can still know the right shift position.
But with gears if you don't have a h-shifter there is nothing to tell you what gear you are in.
Z25 release candidate
Hello Test Patch users.

First thing to say - thank you very much for your help over these past weeks.

As you know I am about to go full time into physics, to try and get the Scirocco and new physics release as soon as possible.

We have decided to give new users (and other LFS users outside of this testing section) the benefit of all the updates we have already done, between now and when the Scirocco is released.

That means, we are making a new full version and we expect its name will be Z25 and hope to release it very soon - preferably this evening.

I've done just a couple of changes from Z24 to Z25, there are new car selection screen pictures and also there are 3 different sets of view settings now.

Quote from readme.txt :There are three separate sets of settings that are used depending
on the screen size :

Screen width 3.75 times the height -> wide mode (default 3 screen)
Screen width 2.5 times the height -> medium mode (default 2 screen)
Otherwise normal (single screen) mode is active (default 1 screen)

These three sets all have the same available settings but different
default values. This is so that if you have a wide screen setup
then LFS will still look good when you reduce it to a normal window,
because at that point it will automatically use "normal" mode.

You can get the updates in the first post of this thread.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1291570#post1291570

If you feel like it, you might like to simulate a clean install. That is, install a full version Z and DO NOT run it! First install the Z to Z25 patch. Now you have something that is equivalent to a full version Z25 install. It would be good to see if that goes well on your computer.
Cool. Thanks. I'm all excited, now I can't learn.
Damn you bose
Im not really clear on whats happening tbh.
^ Same...

Quote :That means, we are making a new full version and we expect its name will be Z25 and hope to release it very soon - preferably this evening.

But you just released Z25...?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Im not really clear on whats happening tbh.

Me neither, but anyway, nice to get updates!

Z25 will be the 'official' patch until the Scirocco / new physics patch will be released. Which mean it will be on the front page of lfs.net instead of just here in the test patch section. That means there needs to be a check that there are no problems with it.
Quote from J@tko :^ Same...

But you just released Z25...?

Yeah.. that makes me confused as well . That was quick .

Edit. Got it Geeman1 thx ... that might be it .

what? that's what I thought too...

do I need to change my signature or what...?
I completely get it

Scawen wants to release a new "patch" for all users who don't use testpatches and who wait for new updates. It will be called Z15 and here in this topic, he wants us to test it.
-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
So...will Z25 be the last Z patch?
I am confused...
So do we get the new physics and stuff tonight then? Or he wants us to test Z25 alot before he releases a patch with the physics and stuff?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So do we get the new physics and stuff tonight then? Or he wants us to test Z25 alot before he releases a patch with the physics and stuff?

I think he'll start working on the physics after he releases this Z25 patch. The Z25 patch will be just like other official patches and it will contain all features in Z25.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So do we get the new physics and stuff tonight then? Or he wants us to test Z25 alot before he releases a patch with the physics and stuff?

What do you think yourself? Ofcourse not.

Or wait, now im confused...

edit-What flame said

That's correct . Scawen could You include a higher res. pictures on car selection screen?
Quote from SilverArrows77 :I think what Scawen is saying is new full version, as in default version of LFS, will be z25 now, and that will be what people download now (from lfs.net etc), when downloading LFS...and that this is basically end of current test patches now, work done, and time for him to go on with the physics stuff and VW...

so full z25 will be default LFS release until then, to give everyone the advantage of all the work thats been done in test patches already

...i think

That's how I interpreted it.
Your still not making it clear for me. And which one of them above? i gave two interpratations there.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z22 / Z25 (online compatible)
(492 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG