When trying to clean my pots, I b0rked my Clutch potentiometer. Now its useless

Haven't had throttle or brake spiking in awhile though! Guess less dust with it being in the open instead of in a small plastic case.
#27 - CSU1
...*looooong shot*

G25 - 1.PC starts up > 2.bios screen > 3.USB device callibration > 4.Windows starts and loads drivers.

Cold? If all those little capacitors and transistors in the pedal circuit are cold might there be a resistance difference between the two states 3. and 4.? ... wouldn't take much on this very sensitive circuit...

Test it, unplug the pedals at boot and then plug em in when its all running?

1/10000000000000 I'm right
Well, I've finally got rid of the throttle spiking while floored, I took apart the pedals plastic case and then the red cylinders which contains the springs, that released the pot.

With the pot loosen, I turn it both sides from top to top for about 30 seconds each (I had throttle issues but while I was there I decided to go for the full maintenance rutine ).

Rearrange the whole pedals, srpings, cables, screws, and voilaa, 16hs of Aston in perfect state with no spiking and flawless operation (don't look at my timings, can't improve but no reason to blame the hard, its just me )
My first G25 was fine for almost 2 full years until the shifter broke. The new replacement just started spiking today at full throttle, I get spikes at 100% with the throttle cutting off a little bit and jumping like I hit a rev limiter...
Anyway, it's still in warranty but it doesn't do it all the time so I can't quite convince the ignorant idiots at the store it actually has a problem What can I do without voiding the warranty?
I've been having this issue on/off for quite a while now, but I'm stumbling at the first hurdle...

... I don't have the correct sized Allen key to get the pedals off. Anyone know what sized Allen key I need to go and buy?

I manage to stop the spiking for a short while with a can of compressed air, but it's not foolproof, and I still get small spikes. Arseloads of dust inside the pedals, but as I can't get the plates off, I can't open the case properly to get rid of it all.

Not only is the dust stopping me from accelerating properly, but I'm highly allergic to the stuff too, and for the last few months I've been coming up in huge rashes on my legs whenever I play LFS
Quote from Azzmagoo : it doesnt matter wever its and ecu or logic gate resistor, they can store memory.

now tell me what here can store anything

best way to clean a podi is some WD40 if possible, not all can be opened. Another thing effecting the signal are the cables if there is some movement, maybe resoldering can help here.
Not only dust, but carbon deposits can accumulate. My seq (UP) pot is spiking. So I get double shifts going down gears in seq mode. Can't attemp to fix unless I void warranty, but it is intermittent (1 every 20th shifts) so it's impossible to prove to the retailer.

Waggling it furiously FOR and AFT in gate mode cleans it, but it just comes back after a few days.

Luckily LFS has debounce up to 250ms. All other car games are essentially ruined.
Hey guys!

This is my 3rd G25, first one gear-box problem... second it burn, don't ask me how cuz I don't know... both saved by warranty, now I have the 3rd logitech g25...

Last week it starts spiking the throttle (same thing append to my old Logitech MOMO)..

I made a search about this problem and was here in LFS forum I found that people solved the problem...

So with carefull I started to clean the Logitech MOMO and after that the wheel run very well like brand new!

Thinking that the G25 was more complicated I dedicate about 3 hours carefully cleaning it.

After that the work was worth it the wheel was back again on Racing!!Yesterday I make a one hour of Kyoto National and the stering wheel goes like new again!!

I would like to thanks all the people that contribute me and others to solve the problem. Without you guys my Virtual Racing was over!!

Thanks!! Keep up
G25 about 15 months old. My accelerator started spiking about 2 weeks ago. Input jumped around profusely when applying about 2% throttle and even twitched when not being pressed at all.

Needless to say, became useless for gaming.

Removed the pedal case (easy to do and there are youtube vids to explain how to do it). Then I sprayed a touch of electrical contact cleaner ($10) into the potentiometer slots and give the pedal a good wiggle. All sorted now.

I wouldn't suggest using WD-40; some plastics will soften when exposed to that lubricant.
Quote from JasonJ :G25 about 15 months old. My accelerator started spiking about 2 weeks ago. Input jumped around profusely when applying about 2% throttle and even twitched when not being pressed at all.

Needless to say, became useless for gaming.

Removed the pedal case (easy to do and there are youtube vids to explain how to do it). Then I sprayed a touch of electrical contact cleaner ($10) into the potentiometer slots and give the pedal a good wiggle. All sorted now.

I wouldn't suggest using WD-40; some plastics will soften when exposed to that lubricant.

I had the same problem with my pedals a couple of months ago.

Took them apart and removed all dust and cathair, then sprayed them ALOT with 5-56 (same thing as wd40 tbh, but doesnt do anything to plastic). Now they work like new
I have the same problem, my G25 is a bit more than 2 years old and never had any problem... the throttle started spiking about 2 days ago, I watched the brake too, and it do the same, but only a bit, so, Is there any manual with pictures to clean it of dust and dirt? It would be more helpfull . It looks a normal issue on G25 wheels... by the way, I can't understand how can people broke the shifter or pedals... maybe "Sparta" effect...

Greetings.
Take apart G25 pedal unit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9L7NB6jVk
Make sure you have a good screwdriver and allen key to fit correctly.
Stop at 1:16 (you don't need to remove the pedals to clean the potentiometers. The video shows him removing the cable tension screws at 1:18. Mine didn't have that assembly nor should you need to remove it. Just make sure when you go to reassemble you put it back the same way. It's designed so that when you pull on the cable it won't tug the internal components. The cable should go in an S shape before it exits the case. Make sure when you reasemble the pedal unit that you get the lead cable in the correct place otherwise the case might crimp it.)

And how to clean the potentiometers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukA8Qy-M4fY
(To rotate the potentiometers like in the video just use your hands and compress the pedals fully about 20-30 times or so to rotate the potentiometers)
Ok thank you . Now I need to buy the precision cleaner. I'll write here again if the problem dissapears cleaning it.

Greetings.
Goodluck, any hoby/electronic store will have a small can of contact cleaner for cheap.

You will find it easier than you think.
My pedals stopped working on my G25 the other week. got my confirmation email from Logitech today saying that my replacement G27 has just been shipped and shall be with me soon. So if I don't like the feel of the G27 I can put the new shiny pedals onto my G25
Quote from rich uk :My pedals stopped working on my G25 the other week. got my confirmation email from Logitech today saying that my replacement G27 has just been shipped and shall be with me soon. So if I don't like the feel of the G27 I can put the new shiny pedals onto my G25

Sorry for asking but they shipped another unit just by hearing you say the G25 is broken? You didn't have to send the G25 back?
I had to take a photo of the G25 but that was it. They really do have great customer service.
ahhh?, so you don't have to send a picture of a destroyed G25 no more? Like with all the cables cut and what not?

This shows how much profit they be making on a g25. Probably costs them 10 pound to make and sell 'em for 100

Where's the sense in all this? I technically voided my warranty because I took apart my pedals to 'clean' the unit thus saving them shipping me a new G27. Yet now technically I'm not entitled to a replacement if something blows up major in the main wheel unit because I did them a favour?

You can't tell I 'cleaned' the pedals as the screws for the unit are intact and look like new, but technically I voided it. Weird company.

Can't say I'm not jealous RichUK, I wouldn't mind a free G27 and still keep my G25. I only need one at home - it would look good at the office in the IT dept. and make for some good 'team building' sessions. Or I could just tell the boss that windows updates required some 'drivers' so we're just working on that.
Quote from JasonJ :ahhh?, so you don't have to send a picture of a destroyed G25 no more? Like with all the cables cut and what not?

This shows how much profit they be making on a g25. Probably costs them 10 pound to make and sell 'em for 100

Where's the sense in all this? I technically voided my warranty because I took apart my pedals to 'clean' the unit thus saving them shipping me a new G27. Yet now technically I'm not entitled to a replacement if something blows up major in the main wheel unit because I did them a favour?

You can't tell I 'cleaned' the pedals as the screws for the unit are intact and look like new, but technically I voided it. Weird company.

Can't say I'm not jealous RichUK, I wouldn't mind a free G27 and still keep my G25. I only need one at home - it would look good at the office in the IT dept. and make for some good 'team building' sessions. Or I could just tell the boss that windows updates required some 'drivers' so we're just working on that.

That's exactly why I will not bother cleaning it, since Logitech themselves don't want me to, by voiding the warranty. I already sent them my PID's etc through the online support page and now waiting for response. Even if they want me to ship it back I will not mind, as long as they pay for the shipping and I don't have to buy pot cleaners etc.
Thumbs up for their customer care. I always buy everything from Logitech and I will continue to do so
*gets an idea in his head to get a free g27*
thats pretty strange of ligitech
*looks down at pedals that are now mounted up-side down using duct tape in a very mesy fashion*
nevermind :banghead:
Exactly what I was saying. It seems thats anyone can exploit this and say they have a non-working XXXXX, send a photo and get a new g27. How long will that policy last?

Good luck to you if you have a damaged G25.
Yes I DO have damaged G25 with spikes at the gas pedal and I would like to get it changed. IF you all start thinking like that then people with real problems like me will not get what they are entitled to. That is why I hope they will want my old one shipped back
my warranty is over anyways
Unlucky use of quoting in my previous message made it look like I was reffering to you in particular, which is of course NOT the case. I was just making a point for everyone thinking about taking advantage of such a great customer care. Then it would simply stop and that would be bad for all of us
OK, update on my problems. After Logitech didn't return my e-mails, I called them today to share my problem, and they said since I am inside the warranty period I should contact the reseller for defects check and if found faulty then refund (and not replace with a G27 because the G27 is 30 euros more expensive than the receipt I have for the G25...)
So, it's not like they are throwing G27's away like that after all. I am not very happy now, since I have to travel 100 kilometres (that's where the nearest retailer is) and 100 driving back home, with the fuel costs at 1,6 euros/litre just to let them check my G25 which they might even reject from being faulty since the spiking is something minor and the pedals are working as far as a bad tempered technician is concerned.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG