The online racing simulator
G25 profiles, LFS, how to?
(18 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Is it considered the right thing to do by matching the lock of the G25 to that of each type of cars? It feels right at high speeds, but cornering with a slow car makes for a lot of turning and fuzzy/wooly feeling with little FFB?

How to create logitech profiles ie. 720, 540, to import?

The profiler asks for an exe upon import when all I want is to switch between different FFB and lock settings in a hurry without shift+F4 desktop/profiler/settings/global device settings/over and over from car to car?
"Is it considered the right thing to do by matching the lock of the G25 to that of each type of cars?"
Yes, thats right.

Personally, I don't use the profiler.
I just match the lock in "game controllers"->"properties"->"settings"->"degrees of rotation". (a desktop shortcut comes in handy here)
No need for adjusting ff, maybe a tick up and down ingame with , and . keys, but most of the time i just use 40% ingame.
And if i'm really lazy and just quicktesting different cars, i don't adjust anything. 720° in game and in game controller settings, wheel turn compensation 1.00 and there you go.
Do you have a shortcut directly to "degrees of rotation" or do you mean a shortcut to the "Control Panel >> Game Controllers" tool?

If it's a direct shortcut to "degrees of rotation" please attach it or write what the shortcut target is please.

edit: stuff below here removed because I am an idiot.
[

]
Quote from JasonJ :Do you have a shortcut directly to "degrees of rotation" or do you mean a shortcut to the "Control Panel >> Game Controllers" tool?

If it's a direct shortcut to "degrees of rotation" please attach it or write what the shortcut target is please.

I have not. But i had an idea. I made a some batchfiles to change the degrees of rotation entry in the registry. This way one can change just by doubleclick
Ah, forgot: Profiler has to be loaded, otherwise it will not work.

Thx for the info about the scripting.
I will try to work something out. (Executing the batch wenn leaving the pits is not a good idea, because you would end up at Desktop everytime. The problem is, when changing the reg values, you have to get them recognized.) Maybe i can get my hands on the api for controlling the wheel settings (See: "Allow games to adjust settings"), should be easy to write a little change-wheel-settings tool then, that starts in the background.
Attached files
g25_rotation_batch.zip - 1.7 KB - 240 views
Quote from JasonJ :Then use LFS scripts to set wheel turn to 720 / 540(GTR) / 450(SS) / 270(MRT) etc using....
so that LFS sets it correctly when when you leave pits automatically for each car. (Edit the CAR_SHORT_NAME.lfs scripts and add that code)

For wheel turn compensation to work correctly, it is actually necessary to leave wheel turn at 720 or whatever you've set your wheel to. There's nothing to compensate for if the wheel has the correct rotation range anyway, which is what you make LFS believe if you change /wheel_turn
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
oh crap, my memory aint that good. I'll edit my other post to stop confusion,very sorry about the mistake.

Quote from rally.bua :I have not. But i had an idea. I made a some batchfiles to change the degrees of rotation entry in the registry. This way one can change just by doubleclick
Ah, forgot: Profiler has to be loaded, otherwise it will not work.

Thx for the info about the scripting.
I will try to work something out. (Executing the batch wenn leaving the pits is not a good idea, because you would end up at Desktop everytime. The problem is, when changing the reg values, you have to get them recognized.) Maybe i can get my hands on the api for controlling the wheel settings (See: "Allow games to adjust settings"), should be easy to write a little change-wheel-settings tool then, that starts in the background.

how you say?........... "OMFG YES!"

Yes, you have to re-open profiler for it to apply with the batch files. Well mine requires I close profiler and re-open it. Just running "control joy.cpl" isn't enough for mine to re-initialise.
Strangely enough it works if I right click the task icon and run it from there..

Even works if the Profiler is not running as a window in focus.
(using XP Pro SP3)

Maybe you can carry one from here?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1208335#post1208335
Attached images
untitled.JPG
First, you are not an idiot. Scripting for changing the wheel turn is a good idea, but you really have to disable turn compensation and change degrees of the hardware wheel, then.

Quote from JasonJ :
Yes, you have to re-open profiler for it to apply with the batch files. Well mine requires I close profiler and re-open it. Just running "control joy.cpl" isn't enough for mine to re-initialise.
Strangely enough it works if I right click the task icon and run it from there..

Even works if the Profiler is not running as a window in focus.
(using XP Pro SP3)

Maybe you can carry one from here?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1208335#post1208335

Profiler doesn't have to be a window in focus, the LWEmon.exe task is what is needed. So Profiler systray is enough.
I'm on Vista here and for me opening joy.cpl works. Maybe it would need some pause. It also works if i restart profiler (without closing it), takes a bit more time, though.
You could try to replace the "control joy.cpl" line and use
"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe" instead.

would be like this then:
reg add "HKCU\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\GlobalDeviceSettings\G25" /f /v OperatingRange /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000210
"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe"

Just took a look at the other thread. You were fiddling arround with this earlier, didn't know.

Edit says: This only works if profiler is configured to apply persistent profile, thats what i use, but thats bad if you normally use profiler for different settings for different games.
I meant I was an idiot for forgetting that LFS knows what wheel turn degrees to set each car to.

Anyway I tried your suggestion. I worked a little bit, but was inconsistantand most of the time wouldn't re-init.
I tried instead of replacing control joy.cpl, but adding both lines and it works now,
reg add "HKCU\Software\Logitech\Gaming Software\GlobalDeviceSettings\G25" /f /v OperatingRange /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000384
"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe"
control joy.cpl

....but I still have to close the Profiler Window, The Game Controllers Window AND the CMD Window each time. The CMD window closes by itself after about 10 seconds. At least I am closer to a solution.

When LFS breaks out to Windows when leaving the pits, this isn't a good thing. Would be bad at the start of a race. I think with these batch files I'd rather Shift-F4 out and run them from the desktop when needed.

Well at least now I don't have to manually open the profiler/controller settings and adjust them myself to make them change. The slider in the profilers setting has strange increments and I always had to mess about to get to get from 718 to 720 and 543 to 540 with the mouse. So annoying I just stuck with 720 all the time for everything.

So this is a slightly better solution, something that actually works now without having to adjust anything manually and restart stuff. Thanks for the tips.
Let's simplify this a bit.

How to change G25 Wheel Rotation Degrees by Alt+Tab out and in:

Note:
Tested with Windows Vista and Gaming Software 5.08.
Windows Scripting Host has to be enabled.
Should work with DFP, too - RegKey has to be changed, of course.

Steps:
- Set Profiler to "Apply profiles to games automatically".
- Create a Profile for Live for Speed:
"Use Custom Steering Wheel Settings" must NOT be ticked.
- Copy the attached files (batches and quiet.vbs) to lfs folder.
- For each car edit <car>.lfs file, add lines for the wheel turn and the batch file executed trough quiet.vbs. This will change the ingame wheel rotation and execute the batch for changing the regkey value quietly, so you don't get to desktop. Example for the 540 degrees:

wheel_turn 540
exec c:\windows\system32\wscript d:\games\lfs\quiet.vbs d:\games\lfs\g25_540.bat

- First time you jump in a new car (with different wheel rotation) Alt-Tab out and (Shift-)Alt-Tab in or click LFS in the taskbar. (Double Shift-F4 will only work if you click a different window (or desktop) in between)
-Done!

Let me know if it works for you,
Raphael
Attached files
g25_rotation_v2.zip - 1.4 KB - 263 views
Wouldnt compensation in options be enough ?
shure, but you don't get the rotation soft-stops then.

apropos soft-stops: would be great if they were a bit harder
Quote from rally.bua :apropos soft-stops: would be great if they were a bit harder

Yeah, the soft stops on the G25 are a bit... well... soft In single seaters and GTR cars (I use rather strong FFB in those cars) I usually don't even feel them.
Thanks for the scripts and updates. I had a quick go at it last night. Didn't have much time, but couldn't get it to work, (I thinks it's an XP thing). Anyway, I will try again with more diligence soon and follow up.
I fiddled around with this some time ago, but as far as I can tell there is no way to do this without having to ALT+TAB out of LFS, so I dropped the whole thing. ALT+TAB'ing out of any game is a big no no for me, no matter if it causes problems or not. I just don't want to have to do it

If you're okay with it, then I don't think you should look any further, as you already have the solution, don't you? What I did was just have the different .reg files on my desktop. Double clicking them - and then confirming - would change the wheel's rotation settings, so that's it. Unless I'm missing something here and you are trying to accomplish something different/more.
correct.

It's a few bat files on my desktop, so I have the control, it's faster than loading the profiler up manually. I'm happy until it's done via LFS source.
#16 - p1u
Gonna ask my question here

Anyone knows what command is for more force and less force ( , + .)

I try /button , or /press , and those did not work
Commands.txt says
Quote :/ff [0-200] - force feedback strength

#18 - p1u
Thanks.

Now i need to make script :P

edit: I found the asnwer: /press less + /press more gives the FFB values..

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG