The online racing simulator
i have a new studio 9 with 6gb of ram, of corse i can run it...i just have a completely black screen with only some lights and such in the race, perfect graphics every other itme...what could it be?

EDIT: i have a nvidia geforce gt220 which is the best graphics card that came with this, it has over 1 gb of space in it alone
Quote from RasmusL :The game is WAY too easy.. I'm already mid-tier 4 after 2 days of playing at Hard + Pro

Try getting all stars. The master all corners is a pain at some tracks, and it's part of the stars for some events. You should do the master corners first via a quick race, since you won't be able to get them all in a normal career race. Once you get them, the game remebers you've done them all in later events.
Quote from logitekg25 :Snip

Not sure if that graphics card is good or not, but Im sure it can run the game,
I have seen people say about blank screens on the offical forums

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/260.page

Have a look around there..

Some images of my S2k round Nordschleife
Attached images
gtr2 2009-09-19 18-05-33-20.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 14-02-45-54.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 18-05-43-17.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 18-08-52-77.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 18-17-18-44.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 18-08-35-48.jpg
my garage rules now i have a veyron a zonda r a scirroco works spec a bmw e46 partly tuned but drift perfect a corvette z06 works spec a muercialago works spec and i think thats it
Quote from brt900 :my garage rules now i have a veyron a zonda r a scirroco works spec a bmw e46 partly tuned but drift perfect a corvette z06 works spec a muercialago works spec and i think thats it

When I tried to do the Invitational - Veyron Nordschleife, the veryron just bounced around the track Lol , Im gonna buy a scirroco next I think , since i just have RWD cars atm
This game looks so real I love the second pic..

Drifitng my AE86, I have got used to the physics now and I think they're great
Attached images
gtr2 2009-09-19 19-47-58-52.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 19-48-07-81.jpg
gtr2 2009-09-19 19-48-13-29.jpg
Quote from brt900 :my garage rules now i have a veyron a zonda r a scirroco works spec a bmw e46 partly tuned but drift perfect a corvette z06 works spec a muercialago works spec and i think thats it

also have a e92 bmw not fully done though ran out of cash after z06 and the muerc feel like buying a v8 vantage though or another cossie or ae86
Just edited one of my pics, I think it looks pretty cool
Attached images
NFSAE86EDIT.jpg
Quote from Crommi :Should work now.

Just watched it, you drove well but would have been better if it was Interior with no hud
For those that have had the game crashing around the time the intro video plays, try this:

1. Right-click the Shift.exe or ShiftDemo.exe and select Properties.
2. Click on the Compatibility Tab
3. Click on "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition"
4. Click OK

This seemed to fix the loading problem for me on Windows 7 64bit, ATI HD4680. I spotted this in a post on the official EA forum here.
Pretty good now i just done the nfs live champion ship came 1st every event in my muercialago which is the fastest car in the game spent 3 mil on random cars i will never use so its cool
Where does it save my screenshots? Can't find a shots folder or something... Asks for EA nation acc, but I don't have any.. That's for uploading your shots to your EA nation account. But still, where the hell are the shots?
Quote from FRED :For the guys with steering lag on the PC these are the settings i have been using and i havent had any problems with lag/delay in the steering.

G25@540

Ingame:Wheel Profile 6
Wheel settings in pic

and in game vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIbJ92ax4E

Hopefully might work for some.

I saw that video and poo'd my self. Thats the quickest lap i-have-ever-seen of the ring jesus wept. Nice work man!

I've set it to 360 degrees with 0 deadzones and sensitivity 50% with the g25 it just still doesn't handle like a racing game should its more sharp turns than being smooth..
Quote from ultrataco :thanks, hope it works for you. Feel is pretty subjective, so who knows?

Works better than my old settings but I change some things in profiler.
Overall effects to 102% like in LFS haha Spring and damper to 50% and centering spring to 35%. and in game 6 of FF, 10 is too much for my taste.

Anyway driving has improved but I still can't drive properly the s2000 (On the straights I go from one side to another @_@"!!), I have a video of Nürburg lap that if I can load it on the web you can see it ...

P.D. Forgot to post that haha
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Where does it save my screenshots? Can't find a shots folder or something... Asks for EA nation acc, but I don't have any.. That's for uploading your shots to your EA nation account. But still, where the hell are the shots?

So is there a verdict from those who have played with a wheel, given that it feels a bit average ffb/handling wise, is it still worth the cash because it's a fun game anyway?
Or should i wait until it's available 2nd hand for $40AUD
Quote from senn :So is there a verdict from those who have played with a wheel, given that it feels a bit average ffb/handling wise, is it still worth the cash because it's a fun game anyway?

Try demo, it seems to be pretty much love/hate with this game. If you can get over the fact that driving physics are quite not up to sim-standards, it can be a lot of fun.
Quote from senn :So is there a verdict from those who have played with a wheel, given that it feels a bit average ffb/handling wise, is it still worth the cash because it's a fun game anyway?

Quote from Crommi :Try demo, it seems to be pretty much love/hate with this game. If you can get over the fact that driving physics are quite not up to sim-standards, it can be a lot of fun.

+1 Try the demo. http://www.nfsunlimited.net/shift/demo
Just tried the demo:
I'm impressed at how well they do the immersion, though it is annoying. Do you actually experience color blindness when you crash a car?

Physics are OK. They don't feel arcadey and are somewhat familiar to me in terms of realism (only if I ignore the massive input lag).

What is really funny though is what happens if I ram a car from the back. The car's rear wheels go up off the ground and the car then sits on the bonnet (or hood) and the car spins itself out/flips out of the race.

Lastly, that input lag needs to go. I quit the game after 3 minutes of trying to get a car to go straight.
I downloaded the demo but I can't get it to work, it goes to load I get a black screen in the top lefthand corner and then the report the error to microsoft screen pops up.

I'm running a quad Q6600 with 3 gig of ram and a GTS 8800, my son loaded the same install on his computer that has less specs and it ran, although laggy.
Any ideas?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG