The online racing simulator
New Dimension Racing
(94 posts, started )
niiiiiice
J@tko=COO
I won't say anything now... :rolleyes:
We have a thread here at lfsforum? H4X!

Oi!

Who gave you permission to post on the forum without telling me? It ain't nice to notice this thread a month too late !! :smash3d:
Nice mabe this is the way to go in the futher :P
BTW Some more announcements

Below are things that shouldn't be brought to daylight, especially by me.

• LFS Servers
An LFS team has LFS servers? Damn right. Ours change their name every two seconds, but the name always starts with NDR|

Luckily, no one is ever online so you won't have to worry about how the server is named.
  • Website
http://www.newdimensionracing.com/

As I said, these shouldn't have been brought to daylight...
  • Ventrilo server
Because Deko wants to shout at people, we have now got ourselves a 50-slot vent server. As always, we invite everyone for a nice (ahem..), friendly (ahem again...) chat.

Hostname/IP: denmark.ventriloservers.biz
Port: 3828

... or you can just be lazy and use the following link to open ventrilo and connect to our server [url="ventrilo://denmark.ventriloservers.biz:3828/servername%3DNew%20Dimension%20Racing"]ventrilo://denmark.ventriloservers.biz:3828/servername%3DNew%20Dimension%20Racing[/url]

Regards
hyntty/Timo Hynninen
Chief Content Officer
New Dimension Racing

PS. Contrary to the common belief, we do not epically fail at everything. At least I don't. Joseph does though.
Quote from hyntty :PS. Contrary to the common belief, we do not epically fail at everything. At least I don't. Joseph does though.

I'm not too bad at failing to be perfectly honest.
Chief Content Officer? Are you NDR guys making up words now, or does that really exist?
*sigh* see the NDR sporting code

Quote :The New Dimension Racing Team Consists of the following positions.
a. Chief Race Administrator (CRA): The incumbent CRA is charged with the task of
administering all races run by NDR. The incumbent shall also design all regulations.
Courses must be approved by the CRA. Autocross layouts may be implemented to
meet the CRAs requirements. The CRA may override permitted signups by another
NDR member. The CRA has final say in all event occurrences. Should the CRA be
unavailable for an event, the current CRA shall name his substitute in a public forum
post.
b. Chief Operations Officer (COO): The incumbent COO is charged with the task of
setting provisional calendars in conjunction with the CRA, and shall be the person
responsible for maintaining signups and entry lists. The COO shall be the person
tasked with leading of advertising of NDR events and leagues. Should the CRA be
unavailable for an event and not exercise the option to name a replacement, the COO
shall be the default replacement.
c. Chief Information Officer (CIO): The incumbent CIO is charged with the task of
maintenance of the NDR website, and forum. The CIO shall be the assistant to the
COO with regards to signups and entry and promotion.
d. Chief Content Officer (CCO): The incumbent CCO is charged with the task of
performing all streaming video services for NDR.
e. Assistant Race Administrator (ARA): The incumbent ARA shall be an assistant
administrator in all NDR events. The ARA may be charged with the title of Race
Director of an NDR league at the CRA’s direction. The ARA shall be the next default
substitute for the CRA in the event of the CRA’s absence.

Note that COO is now Chief operating officer.

So if you need something to happen the procedure from the above described command chain is as follows:

1) State your business to an NDR member, who brings it up to the CRA
2) The COO will give false info concerninng the matter
3) CRA and ARA will come to the conclusion that COO was wrong, and they must somehow make an uncomprehendable statement which covers up COO's fail
4) At this point CIO still hasn't finished any of the skins he was supposed to do a year ago
5) The original petitioner complains to CRA, COO and CCO
6) CCO yells at COO and CRA.
7) COO & CIO go have dinner.
8) CCO yells some more but nothing happens. Then he gets fed up and makes stupid posts on the forum.
That sums up NDR basically.
Quote from hyntty :*sigh* see the NDR sporting code

Note that COO is now Chief operating officer.

So if you need something to happen the procedure from the above described command chain is as follows:

1) State your business to an NDR member, who brings it up to the CRA
2) The COO will give false info concerninng the matter
3) CRA and ARA will come to the conclusion that COO was wrong, and they must somehow make an uncomprehendable statement which covers up COO's fail
4) At this point CIO still hasn't finished any of the skins he was supposed to do a year ago
5) The original petitioner complains to CRA, COO and CCO
6) CCO yells at COO and CRA.
7) COO & CIO go have dinner.
8) CCO yells some more but nothing happens. Then he gets fed up and makes stupid posts on the forum.

That needs to be added to our sporting code
Because I can.

A few things to mention here, because I feel like it and it needs done .

Some Shameless Series Promotion: LFSCART Light Winter Series 2010

Yeah, it says 2010, but it starts in 2009, infact, it starts in September 11th 2009. It's NDR's LFSCART Light Winter Series, using the FOX on various courses in LFS. Designed to be the feeder series into LFSCART, it will run in the LFSCART off-season span, and hopefully feed interest into both series reciprocally. Find out informations such as rules, schedule, and how to sign up at http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=265

Some More Shameless Series Promotion: MiniFBM Series 2009

Okay, so you might say, "What the F**k is the MiniFBM ?" It is an FBM, with a 25% intake restriction. Okay, fine, now you're saying "But the FBM is a lame underpowered car anyway !" to which we say, "Nah, the MiniFBM provides some very fun, close racing, but it won't do so unless you sign up now !" We've got about 16 signups now, and are looking for plenty more to fill out this season, which starts at Fern Bay Gold Reversed on 20th September. MiniFBM Series races on a mixture of autocross tracks, and some of the shorter permanent circuits. Last season proved the potential of the restricted FBM, but the restriction then was a bit too much and choked the acceleration too much, making the whole thing sluggish. So, we let it open up a bit more, but still kept the feeling that we wanted. So, check out the MiniFBM section for rules, schedule, information, and signups at http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Servers, Servers, and More Servers

So, we used to have one server, called NDR|Whatever the next event was. Well, realising that multitasking one server like that got annoying, so why not ask politely for a couple sponsored servers. So, I asked the fine folks at RaceSIM Servers if they might be willing to offer us a couple servers in exchange for some plugs, mentions, name-dropping, and subliminal advertising, and they agreed. So, our server complement is up to three (3) now.

We'll still keep the one we've got from 500 Servers, and we may even bring back on that one the wonderful world of NDR|Public Racing ! We had it on TBO back in the early months of the year, but once we started going into hundreds of events a weekend, that idea kinda went out (oh yeah, another reason to get more servers). We'll continue to keep the 500servers server going, and once LFSCART finishes, we are very much so considering bringing it back. We have a few thoughts going around that way for what to run on it, but we'll announce those closer the time.

In the meantime, our servers are currently called the following:

NDR|LFSCART 2009
NDR|LLWS 2010
NDR|MiniFBM 2009

Feel free to join in as you wish, and if you wait long enough, maybe some more will show up. I'll work on getting them all set up with Airio to add some more fun.

Oh yes, we also have our own Ventrilo server now, as long as we keep forking over a predetermined by the providing company amount a month. Detalis were posted on the last page, but since you're (hopefully) reading this, here's the info again:

Hostname: denmark.ventriloservers.biz
Port: 3828

Feel free to pop in if you're around in our servers, and one of us may be in there too. Otherwise, keep it in your servers list for whenever you participate in our events.

Entry Fees Updated

After some thoughts and discussions about the entry fees, we've added "Season Pass" type fees to the Schedule of Fees. They are overall cheaper on the whole if you plan to enter many of our events during the year, and even may be heavily discounted if you even do one season. Check out the updates here at my just a bit ago post detailing the update. But even if you don't race in our events, but appreciate all we do in LFS, from running the events to all the broadcasts we do, do consider donating to us. I collect all the donations and fees to my PayPal, and I track them reliably to ensure they get spent properly. If you wish to donate, look for the PayPal Donate button on our website or contact me for information by PM here on the forum.

So that about sums it up. Happy racing !

dekojester
Epic bumpage:

As NDR announced previously, we have assumed control of the GT Amateur League. We have now opened applications. Visit this here thread to find out how to apply, any teams are welcome, providing the drivers fit the intended amateur mold.

dekojester
Two more bits of exciting news from Need Dinne... oh sorry, New Dimension Racing.

New Dimension Racing make another signing!
New Dimension Racing are very proud to announce our latest signing, Tim "timdpr" Russell.

Tim is 14 and lives near Wensleydale in Yorkshire. In his spare time [not that he's going to have any now!!] he enjoys listening to music, playing his guitar and go-karting [with our very own Chris].

We invited Tim to join NDR for two reasons. Firstly, he's a generally awesome guy, IMO one of the nicest people on this forum, whose maturity [usually!] extends far beyond his years. Secondly, we think he has exactly the qualities needed for a fab race adminner person, so we're taking him under our wing and hoping that he doesn't let us down!

New Dimension Racing re-launch "NDR|Public Racing"
NDR are please to be able to, with the help of RaceSim Servers, re-launch our Public Racing service that was so popular back in Februrary. We've chosen the little MRT for it, hoping that we'll get some great racing, and not too many people stuck against walls.

Here's some info about it: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1255577#post1255577

See you on track

Jack "J@tko" Atkinson
Head of NDR
"Ooh I do like a bit of Wensleydale"
Good luck Tim!
congrats and good luck with your public server!
congrats
nice you publishing this thing while Tim, Chris, Deko and me are racing/admining I-SCAR
Congrats
Quote from TFalke55 :nice you publishing this thing while Tim, Chris, Deko and me are racing/admining I-SCAR

It's called collegial multitasking. A group of people working together who do not share any info with one another.
Quote from hyntty :It's called collegial multitasking. A group of people working together who do not share any info with one another.

Also known as failing.
Grats, Tim a strong and very nice guy, very good addition!

New Dimension Racing
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG