The online racing simulator
Join2LFS via Pit Spotter
(8 posts, started )
Join2LFS via Pit Spotter
Hello!

I have installed Join2LFS with all defaults to startup LFS and joining hosts directly from the LFS-World page. It works.

Also I have installed Pit Spotter with all defaults, and it works.

But I can only use one of these. In the readme of Join2LFS is written it is possible to startup other progs before starting LFS and pass the Join2LFS parameters to this programm.

This means: A click on a "join host" in LFS-World will give the parameters to Join2LFS, this will startup Pit Spotter and pass the parameters to it, and Pit Spotter will startup LFS.

Ok, but I'm not able to bring it up to run. Join2LFS is starting Pit Spotter, Pit Spotter is starting itself and LFS, but LFS did'nt join the server. It stays in the menu screen.

Where is my fault in this scenario? Which InSim-Ports I have to use?

TIA

Haddock
hi!
as u said...
usually all parameters are passed to PitSpotter...
if PitSpotter doesn't support some params the whol think wouldn't work...

what kind of parameters does PitSpotter use (allow)?

EDIT:
as i see, PitSpotter only can start LFS with a certain InSim port, but is not able to join a server...
(i refere to readme file of v1.1b)

EDIT2:
if u use my Join2LFS AND LFS Launch by Herki, the whole thing should work perfectly:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1307
#3 - herki
You may want to disable the autorun function of pitspotter for this. Just edit the config file of pitspotter (found in its subdir) to say "autorunlfs=0" (or something similar)

btw: thanks for promoting
Hai!

1st of all thanks for your quick replies - great support! It works now - and is so simple if you did not read over the important line...

To summarize it (for a quick introduction of other searching guys):

Startup of LFS with Join2LFS and Pit Spotter

1. Install both and make sure every prog/mod runs for itself as discripted in the readme files.

2. In Pit Spotter cfg-file edit "autorunLFS=1" to "autorunLFS=0"

3. Start Join2LFS, click on "settings" and do the following entries:

3a. InSim Port: 29999 (the same as given in Pit Spotter cfg in "DestPort")

3b. Delay: 0 (or what you think to need)

3c. Klick "Add" and choose the path to the "LFSspotter.exe"

3d. Make sure the option "Pass parameter..." is not aktivated.

3e. Click "Ok" and leave Join2LFS.

4. Go to LFS-World and join a server by clicking on a "join"-link. It should work now.

5. Because the autorun function of PitSpotter is disabled, it is now required to start LFSspotter and LFS seperatly. So that LFSspotter can connect to LFS InSim Port it is required to add the parameter "/insim=29999" (as given in LFSspotter cfg) to the LFS startup link.

The only thing which is not working like before is that the PitSpotter window is not closing automatically after ending LFS. But you can live with it.

We will racing us...

Haddock
Guys,

Thanks for the help here.

And Haddock, thanks for taking the time to summarise this clearly for others.

It's exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers
I do still have one question however.

Can anyone explain this part to me please?

Because the autorun function of PitSpotter is disabled, it is now required to start LFSspotter and LFS seperatly. So that LFSspotter can connect to LFS InSim Port it is required to add the parameter "/insim=29999" (as given in LFSspotter cfg) to the LFS startup link.

Where exactly do I need to type in "/insim=29999"?

I'm not sure what is meant by the 'LFS startup link'.

Thanks
Hai!

It means you have to add it to the link which is running LFS, for example:

"c:\games\LiveForSpeed\lfs.exe /insim=29999"

Haddock
Quote from Haddock :Hai!

It means you have to add it to the link which is running LFS, for example:

"c:\games\LiveForSpeed\lfs.exe /insim=29999"

Haddock

Hi Haddock.

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought you meant, however when I add that to the 'Target:' string, I get an error message which says that the name specified in the Target box is not valid and to make sure that the path and file name are correct.

I've tried both with and without a space between 'lfs.exe' and '/insim ...' and with both backward and forward slashes but I still get the error message.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Aaah, think I've got it now.

It needs to be "c:\games\LiveForSpeed\lfs.exe" /insim=29999

Cheers

Join2LFS via Pit Spotter
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG