The online racing simulator
I see, asking the drivers for input was a really big mistake. My appologies for even doing it in the first place...

Either we have a discussion in a decent and polite way (without calling names or digging out old and other things), or we go the other way, close this thread and present you a solution without any further discussion.

Your choice.
I would like a chicane. period. Thats my opinion.
Quote from three_jump :I see, asking the drivers for input was a really big mistake. My appologies for even doing it in the first place...

Either we have a discussion in a decent and polite way (without calling names or digging out old and other things), or we go the other way, close this thread and present you a solution without any further discussion.

Your choice.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I learned after long chats with him is that you got to play his own game to stop him in his tracks.

On with the chicane discussion!
New season but the same old story with the chicane. Why is that it needs to be totally destroyed by fictional cones/tire barricades whatever. The chicane itself is the most challengin part of the track and gettin it right lap after lap gives something for the driver as he cant lose his concentration and needs to hit it properly, without cutting it or damaging the car obviously.

Seriously all ideas ive seen here suck, and no I havent tried them but when I see pile of dog sh*t I dont need to eat it to know that its not doing any good for me or anyone else. Im with Scipy and Virgo. Let the people cut it as much they want and let them deal with the consequences by having massive damage on the suspension or even worse.

If you desperately want to add something there to prevent excessive cutting then place the tires or barricades in their right places without completely destroyin the characteristics of the original chicane. Thats my suggestion.
The original chicane is shit as a chicane. I want to destroy its characteristics.
Quote from Sracer :
when I see pile of dog sh*t I dont need to eat it to know that its not doing any good for me or anyone else.

So then why do you drive it now?

There's a difference between a challenging corner and a bad one.
Quote from PMD9409 :So then why do you drive it now?

Why do I drive it now? Im referring to these ideas to destroy the original characteristics of the chicane. Id prefer placing some carefully thought objects to restrict the cutting without ruining the whole driveable part of the chicane, including the curbing on the left and on the right at exit. But these 90 angles, I dont understand why.

Im just sayin what I think about it, I never had problems with the chicane and like I said its a challenge to get it right for me.

Quote from PMD9409 : There's a difference between a challenging corner and a bad one.

Youre absolutely right. Placing cones in the middle of the road to create 90 deg corner is a bad corner and not a challening one like the original.

If admins have made up their mind and want to do something about the chicane then thats fine for me, atleast its the same for everyone.
i would drive the original corner if that is what is decided; it is a challenge, as is the new layout but not as fun or as good for racing.
How it is currently is a mess. You have cutting on the left (suspension damage, so not a big issue IMO), a curb glitch, and cutting on the right (that does gain you time).

With the layout you actually get to drive a proper chicane, you create 1-2 passing opportunities, and you have no cutting fiascos.

The admins could set any object they want (or none) in that part of the track, and there would be complaints from someone, it's just how it works.
Oh cmon guys. Don't act "Hermann Tilke's" and stop ruining briliant part of track to slow and safe playground.
-
(scipy) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
TBH though the original chicane is not that difficult to get through unharmed if you get it wrong. If you turn in far too late and miss the track completely, you still barely lose any time running through the gravel, unlike IRL. It's extremely unforgiving however if you try and take a proper line through it, i.e. staying as close to the yellow-black rumble curbs on the left and avoiding the gravel on the right. The way the chicane is currently encourages inaccurate and reckless driving over the exit imo.
-
(BigTime) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(scipy) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
([DUcK]) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
*sigh*
Cleaned up the thread and re-opened it.

Please keep it civil.
Anything on restrictions?
Quote from PMD9409 :Anything on restrictions?

In discussion, obviously GT2 restrictions are needed to be determined. Potential restrictions for GT1 to balance the two main cars (FZR/XRR) are reviewed.
Any input from a team/driver point of view is appreciated. Any off topic posts will simply be removed.
nothing specific atm.

we'll either have a pre season testrun with some settings and combine that with the results from other leagues, as we are not the only ones having to balance a grid. the problem is our goal to NOT have a single car grid and before someone even thinks about jumping on that train...

NO, we want different cars.
#92 - chaa
Quote from Sracer :New season but the same old story with the chicane. Why is that it needs to be totally destroyed by fictional cones/tire barricades whatever. The chicane itself is the most challengin part of the track and gettin it right lap after lap gives something for the driver as he cant lose his concentration and needs to hit it properly, without cutting it or damaging the car obviously.

I think so, too... We should take the "chicane" as it is...
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
I really like that one. Nice work.

edit: it's currently loaded on SR's race server 1, so go check it out.
From what I saw in the video that might be a good solution to that damn chicane.
i like that layout... but i don´t think that poles will stay alive a single lap. To solve that i suggest this layout with bales.
IMO, bales are the best solution, you can touch it by a side with no consequence, and are light in case you catch one at high speed from the car ahead.
Of course.... if you can put a curb as in the video we have no more to discuss.
Attached images
chicane2.JPG
Attached files
KY3_newchican.lyt - 332 B - 126 views
a) thats no curb, just a new chalk texture
b) poles instead of "object", you still have to concider that in case of a pileup someone has to get through it.

again, there is no decision made about a possible layout yet.
Quote from Locovich :i like that layout... but i don´t think that poles will stay alive a single lap. To solve that i suggest this layout with bales.
IMO, bales are the best solution, you can touch it by a side with no consequence, and are light in case you catch one at high speed from the car ahead.
Of course.... if you can put a curb as in the video we have no more to discuss.

If you will crash poles down they will apear again after few seconds.
And if you use bale you will have loads of crashes here
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
I think boothy's is still the best, might be worth trying it with 1 or 2 bollards removed ( 3rd gear instead of 2nd ) my be better or utter rubbish

Deutschland2007: i think that could cause nasty incidents if the tyres were to get moved
Quote from JasonL220 :I think boothy's is still the best, might be worth trying it with 1 or 2 bollards removed ( 3rd gear instead of 2nd ) my be better or utter rubbish

Deutschland2007: i think that could cause nasty incidents if the tyres were to get moved

Should I replace them with polls or cones?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG