The online racing simulator
FBM Sauber C13 [wip]
(9 posts, started )
FBM Sauber C13 [wip]
So.. I've finally got myself to start on this one.. I did a FO8 version about 2 or 3 years ago and I thought it was time to make a FBM version

I've been at it for 3 hours now and some parts are stretched a bit or not lined up properly but for some reason I just can't get those parts to work right So I've decided to leave it as it is for now and move on with the rest

So far I've got the dots on the sides and the watch on top of the cockpit.

Stay tuned for more...
Attached images
Afbeelding 1.png
*Update*
The original had rows of 4 dots and my previous didn't so that's the main thing I fixed (they aren't really the correct size, but that's not really possible as it's a totally different car). Also, the alignment problem is fixed now

Man.. those dots are a pain in the ***!

Ohw.. I noticed the original had the dots getting smaller near the nose, so I did that as well Took me an hour, but I'm happy with it now.
Attached images
Afbeelding 1.png
I like the dots, very well done. That must be a pain in the a.se !!!.
That looks nice, not so keen on that watch on top. I know it is the livery of the sauber. That never looked good on the sauber aswell.

Good job abyway waiting for the end result.
Another update

I did the dots on the top.. they were almost harder to do than the ones on the sides.. I'm not really happy with them, but It's really hard to do, so I think this is the best they'll get. Also added some white parts, dots on the wing and a Tissot logo
Attached images
Afbeelding 3.png
Do you have AA setup ?. By the looks of the white bit with Tissot it looks jaggy.

Again nice work.
The AA in the viewer is at maximum.. but since it runs on my mac via CrossOver, the graphics card isn't fully used or something..

I haven't had a chance to work on the skin today, but I'll continue tomorrow
Alright.. I know it's late.. (well, here anyway) But I just had to get this done.. I started at about 08.30 and just finished it at about 01.35

I've made a #30 H.H Frentzen and #29 A. de Cesaris version. I left the Mercedes stuff off because it's a Formula BMW (doh). But for the rest I think it's pretty accurate (well, 1 or 2 logo's didn't fit because of the shape of the car, but that was expected).

In the end I spend about 10 hours on it and I hope you'll all like it so it was worth my time doing it

And if I find someone copying or editing it I'll think of something really bad to do to them

Anyway, I'll post it in the FBM skins thread, so go there to download it and enjoy!
Attached images
Afbeelding 1.png
Result is pretty accurate. Well done. I am not a hughe fan of realistic photograph using on a skin. However watch looks pretty good. Good skin, goesin the folder.
Thanks Yeah, I'm not really a big fan of it either, but it was the only way to 'replicate' the original

Quite a few logo's I couldn't find online, so they had to be hand made from photos and a 1/18th model I have of the car.. that took a lot of time, but also re-doing stuff, editing logo's I could find (but weren't the way they're supposed to be) etc. So I'm glad it's done

FBM Sauber C13 [wip]
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG